Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Jackson Jr. was an informant in Blago probe

Jesse Jackson Jr. was an informant in Blago probe

This is pretty interesting.

Looks like "candidate No. 5" has been vindicated after all.

[QUOTE]Jackson, Jr. an informant to Blago investigations
    Posted: 07:44 PM ET

[B]Sources close to Rep. Jackson, Jr. told CNN Tuesday that the Illinois congressman has supplied information regarding Gov. Blagojevich to federal law enforcement officials since 2006.
    [/B]
    SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (CNN) — Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. — who was cited in a criminal complaint against Rod Blagojevich — has been an informant for at least a decade with the U.S. Attorney's office, and has informed on the embattled governor of Illinois, though not in the case currently under investigation, Jackson spokesman Kenneth Edmonds told CNN Tuesday.

In addition, two sources close to Jackson told CNN that, in 2002, Blagojevich — then running for governor of Illinois — solicited a $25,000 campaign donation from Jackson, which he did not get.

At the time, Jackson's wife, Sandi, was a candidate for the job of director of the state's Lottery Commission, a post she did not win, the sources said.

After Blagojevich took office, in early 2003, he told Jackson something to the effect of, "You see what $25,000 would have done?" the sources said.

In 2006, Jackson reported the incident, which he believed to have been an attempt at a shakedown, the sources said.

The report, the sources said, came three three years later because Jackson's memory was jogged by another case — that of developer Tony Rezko, whose fraud and corruption trial included testimony about $25,000 donations to Blagojevich.

Jackson did not endorse Blagojevich in his initial campaign and tried to stay on the sidelines during the governor's re-election bid, one of the sources said.

Blagojevich's office did not return calls seeking comment.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Feds are idiots for arresting him before he actually committed the bribe.

[QUOTE=Vilma;2917335]Feds are idiots for arresting him before he actually committed the bribe.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but they may have other stuff on him.

They've been gathering dirt on him for years --he was the real target in the trial of Rezko, who is reportedly now singing like a canary-- and the senate-seat stuff just happened last month.

Fitzgerald is pretty smart. I doubt he'd short-circuit his entire case.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess the end result of this "case" will have Obama and teh Democrats looking like roses, and only Blago (and perhaps some Republican he may know) as the only badguys.

[QUOTE=Vilma;2917335]Feds are idiots for arresting him before he actually committed the bribe.[/QUOTE]
    A buy-and-bust for this pay-to-play potentially may have snared Obama - and no one wanted to see that happen. Yet Obama played it like a moron (sensing a pattern before he's even in office) by declaring that neither he nor his staff had discussed anything with anyone. Yet his chief of staff is on tape 21 times discussing that very issue with the governor's office.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2917424]I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess the end result of this "case" will have Obama and teh Democrats looking like roses, and only Blago (and perhaps some Republican he may know) as the only badguys.[/QUOTE]

Pat Fitzgerald is a Republican, and he's prosecuted dems and republicans with vigor for years. What in his record suggests he'll pull punches on anyone?

[QUOTE=sackdance;2917437]A buy-and-bust for this pay-to-play potentially may have snared Obama - and no one wanted to see that happen. Yet Obama played it like a moron (sensing a pattern before he's even in office) by declaring that neither he nor his staff had discussed anything with anyone. Yet his chief of staff is on tape 21 times discussing that very issue with the governor's office.[/QUOTE]

And Blagojevich is on tape calling Obama a "mutherfu#ker" for not playing his little game, saying all he would get for appointing Obama's favored candidates was "appreciation."

[QUOTE]-he was the real target in the trial of Rezko, who is reportedly now singing like a canary--[/QUOTE]

..and I'll say it again.
    The littlest bird sings the prettiest song.

...and now,
    the best is yet to come.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2917443]Pat Fitzgerald is a Republican, and he's prosecuted dems and republicans with vigor for years. What in his record suggests he'll pull punches on anyone?[/QUOTE]

His prosecution of Libby when he knew the first, and illegal, leaker was Armitage. A very questionable investiagtion, on a very questionable issue, that seemed far more based in politics than it did in law. I do not expect you to agree.

His ending this investigation in what seems to me to be a VERY early point, before (possibly) ANY actual illegal action took place. I do not expect you to agree.

I don't care which party he claims he votes for, these two issues alone make me question him.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2917503]His prosecution of Libby when he knew the first, and illegal, leaker was Armitage. A very questionable investiagtion, on a very questionable issue, that seemed far more based in politics than it did in law. I do not expect you to agree.

His ending this investigation in what seems to me to be a VERY early point, before (possibly) ANY actual illegal action took place. I do not expect you to agree.

I don't care which party he claims he votes for, these two issues alone make me question him.[/QUOTE]

He has not ended his investigation of Blagojevich. They are still investigating. They just brought these particular charges early to preempt the sale of the senate seat.

As has been reported, Rezko is still still talking --and he's been in jail during the whole senate episode so obviously he's not talking about that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2917449]And Blagojevich is on tape calling Obama a "mutherfu#ker" for not playing his little game, saying all he would get for appointing Obama's favored candidates was "appreciation."[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter how many times you say it...the ODS foamers don't care.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2917576]Doesn't matter how many times you say it...the ODS foamers don't care.[/QUOTE]

If Blago said that (and I am sure he did) it clearly indicates he spoke with someone claiming to represent Obama. Otherwise, how could he know what (if anything) Obama would offer?

With that said, if Obama did not then come forward to Fitzgerald to report Blago's requests, then Obama (or someone claiming to represent him) did, in fact, do somethign wrong.

But as I said, I can predict that Obama will come out of this looking like roses, cleared of any wrongdoing, and priased for 'helping' to bust Blago.

jesse jackson jr is a rat and how ironic since his father is one of the biggest shake-downs artists of our time.these people deserve each other.i just hope obama isn't involved.

Hall Of Fame
    Give up trying to tie Obama to this, he's clean as a whistle. We have a negro president, deal with it.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2917609]If Blago said that (and I am sure he did) it clearly indicates he spoke with someone claiming to represent Obama. Otherwise, how could he know what (if anything) Obama would offer?

With that said, if Obama did not then come forward to Fitzgerald to report Blago's requests, then Obama (or someone claiming to represent him) did, in fact, do somethign wrong.

But as I said, I can predict that Obama will come out of this looking like roses, cleared of any wrongdoing, and priased for 'helping' to bust Blago.[/QUOTE]

Clearly Rahm Emanuel spoke to the governor's office on Obama's behalf to make recommendations for the seat. That's pretty clear from the indictment and subsequent reports. Obama/Rahm wanted him to pick "candidate No. 1" (later revealed to be Valerie Jarrett). It went nowhere, she dropped out of the running and Blago called Obama a "motherf*cker" as a result.

Now it could mean, as you suggest, that some sort of ask was made and rebuffed.

Or it could mean that Emmanuel preempted such an ask by making it clear from the outset there would be no pay for play.

Or it could be, as has also been rumored, that Rahm himself dropped the dime on Blago.

There are recordings of Rahm chatting with the gov's people. I am sure we will hear about their contents soon enough.
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 12-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2917632]Give up trying to tie Obama to this, he's clean as a whistle. We have a negro president, deal with it.[/QUOTE]

Enough with the negro stuff, you just sound ridiculous.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2917576]Doesn't matter how many times you say it...the ODS foamers don't care.[/QUOTE]
    PK - do you realize Obama is either lying or asking the public to swallow a ridiculous assumption - over this matter that should have nothing to do with him?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2918251]PK - do you realize Obama is either lying or asking the public to swallow a ridiculous assumption - over this matter that should have nothing to do with him?[/QUOTE]

No...but I do realize that the ODS afflicted ones are gonna smack their lips about this just like the BDS folks did about Bush lying about the Iraq War, being involved in making NORAD stand down during 9/11, torture, illegally firing judges etc...etc.

This is exactly what I mean when I say there is no difference between left/right. I care about this just as much as I care about Laura Bush killing that guy.

Blagojevich calls Obama a mother****er and Jackson Sr. wants to cut Obama's nuts off.

You would have to be a fool to believe that they all didn't participate in the game one way or another.

Pawns and Kings,
    Pawns and Kings.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2917755]Enough with the negro stuff, you just sound ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

No he doesn't.