Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gays to Obama: "You suck!"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Gays to Obama: "You suck!"

[QUOTE]Barack Obama’s choice of a prominent evangelical minister to perform the invocation at his inauguration is a conciliatory gesture toward social conservatives who opposed him in November, but it is drawing fierce challenges from a gay rights movement that – in the wake of a gay marriage ban in California – is looking for a fight.

Rick Warren, the senior pastor of Saddleback Church in southern California, opposes abortion rights but has taken more liberal stances on the government role in fighting poverty, and backed away from other evangelicals’ staunch support for economic conservatism. But it’s his support for the California constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage that drew the most heated criticism from Democrats Wednesday.

“Your invitation to Reverend Rick Warren to deliver the invocation at your inauguration is a genuine blow to LGBT Americans,” the president of Human Rights Campaign, Joe Solomonese, wrote Obama Wednesday. “[W]e feel a deep level of disrespect when one of architects and promoters of an anti-gay agenda is given the prominence and the pulpit of your historic nomination.”

The rapid, angry reaction from a range of gay activists comes as the gay rights movement looks for an opportunity to flex its political muscle. Last summer gay groups complained, but were rebuffed by Obama, when an “ex-gay” singer led Obama’s rallies in South Carolina. And many were shocked last month when voters approved the California ban.
    [/QUOTE]:eek:

[url=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16693.html]more[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no BO fan, but I bet gays suck more than Obama does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like this story's gaining some serious steam today. Have to say, this is his first major mistake IMO, just a lame move. He could have found someone else that could have pleased the right that wouldn't have drawn ire in the middle of what's already a hot button issue.

I guess you can't get anywhere in this country unless you pander to fundamental right at some point though...sigh.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2917801]I'm no BO fan, but I bet gays suck more than Obama does.[/QUOTE]
    Safe bet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gays or Obama = pick your poison

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2918495]Gays or Obama = pick your poison[/QUOTE]

It's sad that you are able to get away with this bull****.

Mods, enough people are calling for his banning. It's time to get to rid of this ******* -- forever.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2918411]Looks like this story's gaining some serious steam today. Have to say, this is his first major mistake IMO, just a lame move. He could have found someone else that could have pleased the right that wouldn't have drawn ire in the middle of what's already a hot button issue.

I guess you can't get anywhere in this country unless you pander to fundamental right at some point though...sigh.[/QUOTE]

My first reaction to reading this story was, why doesn't Obama pick one pastor he knows really well from going to church in Chicago for so many years? But then I realized that would be the Rev. Wright.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brokeback vs Saddleback!

INAUGURATION DAY!!!!

FUNNY CARS!

See the WILD AND WOOLY GAY BEARS!

Hear the latest from Jesus by REVEREND RICK WARREN!

Mano a Mano; [I]priests taking on the big boys![/I]

WHO WILL WIN???

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2919266]Brokeback vs Saddleback!

INAUGURATION DAY!!!!

FUNNY CARS!

See the WILD AND WOOLY GAY BEARS!

Hear the latest from Jesus by REVEREND RICK WARREN!

Mano a Mano; [I]priests taking on the big boys![/I]

WHO WILL WIN???[/QUOTE]

If Obama gets Bigfoot to jump some old Buicks, I'll even show up

[IMG]http://images.4wheeloffroad.com/features/131_0709_02_z+1977_2007_anniversary_monster_truck+bigfoot.jpg[/IMG]

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2919270]If Obama gets Bigfoot to jump some old Buicks, I'll even show up

[IMG]http://images.4wheeloffroad.com/features/131_0709_02_z+1977_2007_anniversary_monster_truck+bigfoot.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

See that? Already we are getting closer as a Nation.

CLOSER TO ARMAGEDDON!!! :eek:

[SIZE="3"]THE END OF THE WORLD! SUNDAY![/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]COME SEE THE.... AND ALSO THE...[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]KIDS GET IN FREE!!!! So do scaliwags, bear fighters, hornswogglers, hoofswogglers, doofus's, dumbasses and dip****s! [/SIZE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2920168]Well at least he wouldn't have this problem if he did

Gays and leftists have no problem with an Amercia bashing, racial arsonist who preaches liberation theology (whatever that is :rolleyes:), but a Christian minster who actually takes the bible seriously, now that drives the left insane, how dare Obama associate with such an evil Chrissssssstian :mad:[/QUOTE]

C'mon, Warren's a serious douche. I think it's an interesting choice though. Through the religious nuts a bone, show you're not afraid to piss of your base.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2920168]Well at least he wouldn't have this problem if he did

Gays and leftists have no problem with an Amercia bashing, racial arsonist who preaches liberation theology (whatever that is :rolleyes:), but a Christian minster who actually takes the bible seriously, now that drives the left insane, how dare Obama associate with such an evil Chrissssssstian :mad:[/QUOTE]

this to me is my problem with the gays liberation movement. I unequivocally would have voted no on proposition 8. I am not particuarly religious and i have never had any problems with gays people. For the most part, they are kind people (at least the men... maybe not so much the women) who are harmless. But one thing that I cant get over is how theyve reacted to the losing vote in California. Instead of doing the right thing, which was go after the black churches (97% of them voted for the democrat Obama, and only 27% of them voted no to proposition 8), they went after the easy targets, who never would have voted for them anyway. Not to mention, the manner in which they are going after the mormons and other "right wing" religous groups is over the top and distasteful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2920194]Don't you wish you could throw these Christian ministers to the lions, the ones who really take the bible serious?

C'mon, you can admit it, I won't hold it against you .. there's something appealing about the Romans feeding these vile Christians to the lions, right? ;)

I would imagine some lefties view that era as [B]the good old days[/B] :yes:[/QUOTE]

I'd feed religious [i]fundamentalists[/i] to the lions. Warren's not quite there but Sackie would make a good breakfast.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;2919253]It's sad that you are able to get away with this bull****.

Mods, enough people are calling for his banning. It's time to get to rid of this ******* -- forever.[/QUOTE]Come on dude. I agree with you 10 times as often but he has the right to express his staunch conservitive, protestant views as much as we have ours. However, he should ease up on telling folks they are going to hell. Go jets

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we still have freedom of thought in this country, at least for now. Let the man express his opinion. He has just as much right as anyone else.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2920194]Don't you wish you could throw these Christian ministers to the lions, the ones who really take the bible serious?

C'mon, you can admit it, I won't hold it against you .. there's something appealing about the Romans feeding these vile Christians to the lions, right? ;)

I would imagine some lefties view that era as [B]the good old days[/B] :yes:[/QUOTE]

Taking the Bible seriously in this case leads to divisiveness and a "My way or the Highway" mentality that YOU, GREEN JETS AND HAM, cannot stand in the Muslim fundamentalists. "All men are created equal"; where is that from? yet the same tome has this message hidden in it's depths "Except GAYS" (this is the assertion of those that "take the Bible seriously"); are you kidding me? The Bible is outdated and hopeless. Any religious text that is used to affect the human rights of others is already suspect. What kind of real problems can be solved through it? It's main assertion is "We were originally sinful at our core".

So, taking the Bible seriously is a problematic issue for Christian believers. They cannot tolerate gays having "human rights" because this particular book says that holding this point of view means their faith is deficient. And if I can't "get into Heaven", why would I give a rats ass about other human suffering?

Dump the Bible.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a one shot deal!!! Geez, those gays are so frickin sensitive!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fight for gay liberation is as asinine as the war on drugs. The powers that be are to old, to stubborn, and to corrupt to allow such freedoms. The only thing you can do is make your point to the younger politicians and then wait for the older ones to die. Its the real way that things change. takes 20 or so years but its really the only way we have power as citizens. Change takes patience not O'bama. I was a democrat until Hillary was out of the running. BO might be the anti-christ. Not to sound like a religous zealot or anything, but he fits the bill.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2920202]
    As for black Christian churches .. uh, you won't be seeing any Gay marches in Compton .. those black Christians are not exactly of the "cheek turning" variety, so they'll avoid that part of town like the plague[/QUOTE]

You understand that the biggest gays hide behind the Cloth, right? :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2920191]this to me is my problem with the gays liberation movement. I unequivocally would have voted no on proposition 8. I am not particuarly religious and i have never had any problems with gays people. For the most part, they are kind people (at least the men... maybe not so much the women) who are harmless. But one thing that I cant get over is how theyve reacted to the losing vote in California. Instead of doing the right thing, which was go after the black churches (97% of them voted for the democrat Obama, and only 27% of them voted no to proposition 8), they went after the easy targets, who never would have voted for them anyway. Not to mention, the manner in which they are going after the mormons and other "right wing" religous groups is over the top and distasteful.[/QUOTE]nice avatar! I couldn't even focus on what you wrote.