Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Chooses Pastor Rick Warren for Invocation

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2918722]Come on Razor. You're in Arkansas. You must have some bible literacy, no? Feelings can't take precedence over truth. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I have news for ya, a bunch of perverts in a Jets forum isn't going to change His mind either. Turn or burn.[/QUOTE]I'm not a pervert, I'm catholic. My sins are healed thru reconciliation. No one gay or straight is supposed to have sex until marriage. Have you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should just get rid of the religious inaugural invocation altogether.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2918917]They should just get rid of the religious inaugural invocation altogether.[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2918555]It still is in parts of Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Nice quality of life that 14th century world view breeds.[/QUOTE]

It's funny isn't it Nuu? We're fighting religious kooks in the Middle East, yet we have more than our fair share of mindless idiots right here in our own backyard.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2918939]It's funny isn't it Nuu? We're fighting religious kooks in the Middle East, yet we have more than our fair share of mindless idiots right here in our own backyard.[/QUOTE]

No more ironic that beating back the Soviet Communists, only to have the left of American Politics decide they really LIKE that style of governing, and may want to try parts of it out here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;2918522]Just a quick question. My friend's son is 18. He is a good kid, straight A student, volunteers at a homeless shelter. Is working to put himself through college. He recently told his parents he is gay.

Should I stone him to death?

This is a serious question. What do you realistically think should be done in this case?[/QUOTE]

LMFAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;2918705]That kinda of thinking is why Intolerance should be the 8th deadly sin. It is unfair to throw stones at others until you've been beat with big ass rocks yourself. Peace, hater. Go Jets Go Hogs[/QUOTE]

no he is right with this one GOD does not intend for anyone to be Gay. It is one of the main reasons for the destruction of sodom and gomaroha (sp)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;2919026]no he is right with this one GOD does not intend for anyone to be Gay. It is one of the main reasons for the destruction of sodom and gomaroha (sp)[/QUOTE]

Then why does God keep making gay people?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2919047]Then why does God keep making gay people?[/QUOTE]

when GOD creates people he gives them free will it is up to them what choice they make after that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2919047]Then why does God keep making gay people?[/QUOTE]

Wait, they proved that Gayness is genetic? I must have missed that press conference. Can you provide me the Youtube link, I'd love to thear this big news.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2919054]Wait, they proved that Gayness is genetic? I must have missed that press conference. Can you provide me the Youtube link, I'd love to thear this big news.[/QUOTE]

Well, they haven't "proved" evolution either, right (damn missing link) but a hell of a lot of anecdotal evidence suggests it, including, you know, evidence of homosexuality in every recorded civilization and also among animals in nature and whatnot.

So, given that, I'd say its far more likely than not that some people are born with a genetic predisposition toward homosexuality. You may and probably do disagree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2919082]Well, they haven't "proved" evolution either, right (damn missing link) but a hell of a lot of anecdotal evidence suggests it, including, you know, evidence of homosexuality in every recorded civilization and also among animals in nature and whatnot.

So, given that, I'd say its far more likely than not that some people are born with a genetic predisposition toward homosexuality. You may and probably do disagree.[/QUOTE]

Thier is nothing that even comes close to proving evolution, the only people that believe that are the ones that are not taking the bible into account. For GOD created the heavens and the earth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;2919087]Thier is nothing that even comes close to proving evolution, the only people that believe that are the ones that are not taking the bible into account. For GOD created the heavens and the earth.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and the earth was flat and also in the center of the universe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;2919087]Thier is nothing that even comes close to proving evolution, the only people that believe that are the ones that are not taking the bible into account. For GOD created the heavens and the earth.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing that even comes close to proving creationism either. Yet that still doesn't stop fundamentalists from misrepresenting natural selection or downplaying the logic of it completely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2918721]Such Folly.:rolleyes:

By the way, can you educate us on which bible passage says "don't have buttsex or in hell you shall burn!" I seem to have forgotton wich section that was, but I am SURE you can report it here for our education, right?[/QUOTE]

Warfish, have I ever let you down? Ok, here we go buddy:

To list a few places:

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13, 23.

"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are an abomination unto the LORD thy God." Deuteronomy 23:17,18.

"And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel." I Kings 14:24.

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was met. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:24-32.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." I Corinthians 6:9,10.

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." Jude 7.

Sodomites: are wicked & sinners before the Lord exceedingly (Gen. 13:13), doom nations (Gen. 19), are abomination (Lev. 18:22), are worthy of death (Rom. 1:32), are likened unto dogs as filthy, impudent and libidinous (Deut. 23:18), usurp the house of God (2 Kgs. 23:7), have been given up by God (Rom. 1 :24-28), are filthy, lawless brute beasts (2 Pet. 2:7,8,12,22), have no hope of Heaven (Rev 22:15), have no shame and cannot blush (Jer. 6:15), testify their sin and doom on their countenance (Isa. 3:9).

Every time the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, Jesus is saying that homosexuality is a sin. God inspired the Scriptures, and Jesus is God. When He was on earth, Jesus taught us what the only acceptable union between two people is: one man, one woman, for one lifetime. "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matthew 19:4,5. Gays can't be one flesh; gays can only be strange flesh (Jude 7).

Furthermore, God specifically says that He ABHORS people who engage in sodomy (as well as other forms of sexual perversion): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13,23. Understand? GOD ABHORS THE GAY LIFESTYLE.
    Last edited by sackdance99; 12-18-2008 at 06:28 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2919192]Warfish, have I ever let you down? Ok, here we go buddy:

To list a few places:

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13, 23.

"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are an abomination unto the LORD thy God." Deuteronomy 23:17,18.

"And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel." I Kings 14:24.

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was met. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:24-32.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." I Corinthians 6:9,10.

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." Jude 7.

Sodomites: are wicked & sinners before the Lord exceedingly (Gen. 13:13), doom nations (Gen. 19), are abomination (Lev. 18:22), are worthy of death (Rom. 1:32), are likened unto dogs as filthy, impudent and libidinous (Deut. 23:18), usurp the house of God (2 Kgs. 23:7), have been given up by God (Rom. 1 :24-28), are filthy, lawless brute beasts (2 Pet. 2:7,8,12,22), have no hope of Heaven (Rev 22:15), have no shame and cannot blush (Jer. 6:15), testify their sin and doom on their countenance (Isa. 3:9).

Every time the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, Jesus is saying that homosexuality is a sin. God inspired the Scriptures, and Jesus is God. When He was on earth, Jesus taught us what the only acceptable union between two people is: one man, one woman, for one lifetime. "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matthew 19:4,5. Gays can't be one flesh; gays can only be strange flesh (Jude 7).

Furthermore, God specifically says that He ABHORS people who engage in sodomy (as well as other forms of sexual perversion): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13,23. Understand? GOD ABHORS THE GAY LIFESTYLE.[/QUOTE]

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Maybe you ought to re-read that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time for Sackdance and his sad little parochial primitive, vengeful god to be banned from JI. These threads spewing hatred and blind stupidity are really really getting old.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2919192]Warfish, have I ever let you down? Ok, here we go buddy:

To list a few places:

Furthermore, [B]God specifically says that He ABHORS people who engage in sodomy [/B](as well as other forms of sexual perversion): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them...And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them." Leviticus 20:13,23. Understand? GOD ABHORS THE GAY LIFESTYLE.[/QUOTE]

Sodomy is also defined as "anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex."

If I get married, does that mean no more BJ's? Nevermind, it stops anyway from what I hear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2919231]Time for Sackdance and his sad little parochial primitive, vengeful god to be banned from JI. These threads spewing hatred and blind stupidity are really really getting old.[/QUOTE]

Hush up.

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

Deal with that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2919082]Well, they haven't "proved" evolution either, right (damn missing link) but a hell of a lot of anecdotal evidence suggests it, including, you know, evidence of homosexuality in every recorded civilization and also among animals in nature and whatnot.

So, given that, I'd say its far more likely than not that some people are born with a genetic predisposition toward homosexuality. You may and probably do disagree.[/QUOTE]

The scientific basis for evolution is vastly more than that of genetic-based-homosexuallity. Not even in the same ballpark.

If I went by "anecdotal" evidence, well.......well, I couldn't. Not on big science issues. Hell, anecdotal evidence would have us fearing global freezing right now (Argh, snow in Las Vegas! What must Grissom think!).

Sorry Nuu, there is very very little evidence that I'e heard of thus far proving that homosexuality is "natural", i.e. genetic. I.e. NOT a choice.

When it does get proved (and I tend to think it will), the Gay community is going to be in for one heck of an internal argument. But then, and only then, will holosexuallity stand equal with race on issues of descrimination.

But like I said, I DO persoanlly support gay rights, so meh.