Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Chooses Pastor Rick Warren for Invocation

Jets Insider VIP

Obama Chooses Pastor Rick Warren for Invocation

[QUOTE](Dec. 18) - In a move that's infuriated rights activists and other supporters, President-elect Barack Obama has chosen a evangelical minister opposed to same-sex marriage to deliver the invocation at his inauguration.

The controversy over the selection of Rick Warren, reported by Politico.com, threatens to put something of a damper on the inauguration festivities. Warren is the senior pastor of Saddleback Church in Southern California, and he supported a state constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.

Joe Solomonese, the president of the Human Rights Campaign, described the selection of Warren as a "genuine blow" to gays and their supporters.[/QUOTE]

This is great, great news. Only because queers and left-wing wacko supporters of homosexuality will be in an uproar over it. Their parade has been rained on, by God. This is the sin that is at the forefront of the moral crisis in this nation. This is the only sin to which America is seriously contemplating giving civil rights. Imagine if embezzlers, murderers or rapists demanded that they be given protection - not punishment - by law because of their wrongful deeds? You would gasp in amazement. Yet you embrace the notion that because someone engages in sex with a person of the same gender - and then chooses to broadcast that fact - they should be protected? Amazing! This sin is so insidious by its nature, and those who commit such things so abominable by their nature, that it serves as the litmus test for a society. When God has turned his back on a people, sodomites rule the land. America is on the cusp of that condition, and only by an abundance of mercy will God forebear the utter destruction of this country.

Further, throughout the Old Testament, when the nation of Israel was in its worst spiritual condition, in full blown apostasy, the Bible makes a point of telling us that sodomy was one of the chief traits of society (see I Kings 14:24). Under the Law of Moses, the penalty for homosexuality was death. Further, sodomy is the only sin which caused God to rain fire from heaven on an entire 5-city population. So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.

Not to worry, America is still a deplorable God-hating and doomed nation. But this news put a smirk on my face when I read it.

Westboro Baptist Church in the house

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Sean Avery;2918447]Westboro Baptist Church in the house[/QUOTE]

LOL. Did you see them on Bill O'Reilly last night with that video about Santa Claus? What a bunch of sicko's. Even worse, they have all their children involved in their sick way of thinking.

Board Moderator
    Sakdance, where you been the past few days?

I haven't been condemned to hell and feel lonely.....

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2918441]This is great, great news. Only because queers and left-wing wacko supporters of homosexuality will be in an uproar over it. Their parade has been rained on, by God. This is the sin that is at the forefront of the moral crisis in this nation. This is the only sin to which America is seriously contemplating giving civil rights. Imagine if embezzlers, murderers or rapists demanded that they be given protection - not punishment - by law because of their wrongful deeds? You would gasp in amazement. Yet you embrace the notion that because someone engages in sex with a person of the same gender - and then chooses to broadcast that fact - they should be protected? Amazing! This sin is so insidious by its nature, and those who commit such things so abominable by their nature, that it serves as the litmus test for a society. When God has turned his back on a people, sodomites rule the land. America is on the cusp of that condition, and only by an abundance of mercy will God forebear the utter destruction of this country.

Further, throughout the Old Testament, when the nation of Israel was in its worst spiritual condition, in full blown apostasy, the Bible makes a point of telling us that sodomy was one of the chief traits of society (see I Kings 14:24). Under the Law of Moses, [B]the penalty for homosexuality was death.[/B] Further, sodomy is the only sin which caused God to rain fire from heaven on an entire 5-city population. So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.

Not to worry, America is still a deplorable God-hating and doomed nation. But this news put a smirk on my face when I read it.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick question. My friend's son is 18. He is a good kid, straight A student, volunteers at a homeless shelter. Is working to put himself through college. He recently told his parents he is gay.

Should I stone him to death?

This is a serious question. What do you realistically think should be done in this case?

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2918456]LOL. Did you see them on Bill O'Reilly last night with that video about Santa Claus? What a bunch of sicko's. Even worse, they have all their children involved in their sick way of thinking.[/QUOTE]

Pot, meet Kettle.

Obama is so smart. Its working already -- the religious simps feel happy (what makes them happy is that liberals and gays are angry) that one of their flabby mouthpieces gets to talk at the inauguration. Perhaps they'll hardly even notice when Warren crawls back to his religious business while Obama makes substantive changes they hate. Warren could care less in the long run -- the more liberal Obama gets on social issues the more numbskulls will run screaming to drop cash on his books and church.

Veteran

good point dude

[QUOTE=FF2®;2918522]Just a quick question. My friend's son is 18. He is a good kid, straight A student, volunteers at a homeless shelter. Is working to put himself through college. He recently told his parents he is gay.

Should I stone him to death?

This is a serious question. What do you realistically think should be done in this case?[/QUOTE]
    we may not root for the same team on Sunday, but we agree here. None of us are without sin, some just sin a little more than others, but if they recognize their faults and do good in other aspects of their life, I doubt that God is salting the earth around them. Let's keep the GOP high horse put up in the stable and accept that no one can think for us all.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2918441]

Under the Law of Moses, the penalty for homosexuality was death. [/QUOTE]

It still is in parts of Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Nice quality of life that 14th century world view breeds.

All Pro
    Ahh, the holiday season, the perfect time to reinforce one's bigotry. Cheers!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2918522]Just a quick question. My friend's son is 18. He is a good kid, straight A student, volunteers at a homeless shelter. Is working to put himself through college. He recently told his parents he is gay.

Should I stone him to death?[/QUOTE]

No, God will send him to hell.

Good works cannot save you, or your friends son. He will die in his sin. May not be what you want to hear but it's the truth. Anyone who disagrees is bible illiterate. It's written so plain, over and over.
    Last edited by sackdance99; 12-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;2918553]we may not root for the same team on Sunday, but we agree here. None of us are without sin, some just sin a little more than others, but if they recognize their faults and do good in other aspects of their life, I doubt that God is salting the earth around them. Let's keep the GOP high horse put up in the stable and accept that no one can think for us all.[/QUOTE]

I am 99.9999999% sure that FF2 was joking.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2918441]This is great, great news. Only because queers and left-wing wacko supporters of homosexuality will be in an uproar over it. Their parade has been rained on, by God. This is the sin that is at the forefront of the moral crisis in this nation. This is the only sin to which America is seriously contemplating giving civil rights. Imagine if embezzlers, murderers or rapists demanded that they be given protection - not punishment - by law because of their wrongful deeds? You would gasp in amazement. Yet you embrace the notion that because someone engages in sex with a person of the same gender - and then chooses to broadcast that fact - they should be protected? Amazing! This sin is so insidious by its nature, and those who commit such things so abominable by their nature, that it serves as the litmus test for a society. When God has turned his back on a people, sodomites rule the land. America is on the cusp of that condition, and only by an abundance of mercy will God forebear the utter destruction of this country.

Further, throughout the Old Testament, when the nation of Israel was in its worst spiritual condition, in full blown apostasy, the Bible makes a point of telling us that sodomy was one of the chief traits of society (see I Kings 14:24). Under the Law of Moses, the penalty for homosexuality was death. Further, sodomy is the only sin which caused God to rain fire from heaven on an entire 5-city population. So, we have a Bible basis for recognizing that homosexuality is a particularly heinous sin in the eyes of the God of Eternity.

Not to worry, America is still a deplorable God-hating and doomed nation. But this news put a smirk on my face when I read it.[/QUOTE]

Your postings are evil and satanic....may God have mercy on your lost, pathetic soul....

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2918456]LOL. Did you see them on Bill O'Reilly last night with that video about Santa Claus? What a bunch of sicko's. Even worse, they have all their children involved in their sick way of thinking.[/QUOTE]

What is the difference between you and them, sackosh*t?

Really, I'm curious.

Veteran

oh reeeaaally now

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2918667]No, God will send him to hell.

Good works cannot save you, or your friends son. He will die in his sin. May not be what you want to hear but it's the truth. Anyone who disagrees is bible illiterate. It's written so plain, over and over.[/QUOTE]That kinda of thinking is why Intolerance should be the 8th deadly sin. It is unfair to throw stones at others until you've been beat with big ass rocks yourself. Peace, hater. Go Jets Go Hogs
    Last edited by RazorJet; 12-18-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;2918669]I am 99.9999999% sure that FF2 was joking.[/QUOTE]
    Doesn't matter. It still makes a valid point.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2918516]Sakdance, where you been the past few days?

I haven't been condemned to hell and feel lonely.....[/QUOTE]

Well, you took me out of your signature so I started to get depressed. Plus, I've been working on my Open Letter To Faith Hill.

Yea, anyway I'm sorry bud. You hate God and do all the lusts of your father the devil. How's that.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2918667]No, God will send him to hell.

Good works cannot save you, or your friends son. He will die in his sin. May not be what you want to hear but it's the truth. Anyone who disagrees is bible illiterate. It's written so plain, over and over.[/QUOTE]

Such Folly.:rolleyes:

By the way, can you educate us on which bible passage says "don't have buttsex or in hell you shall burn!" I seem to have forgotton wich section that was, but I am SURE you can report it here for our education, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;2918705]That kinda of thinking is why Intolerance should be the 8th deadly sin. It is unfair to throw stones at others until you've been beat with big ass rocks yourself. Peace, hater. Go Jets Go Hogs[/QUOTE]

Come on Razor. You're in Arkansas. You must have some bible literacy, no? Feelings can't take precedence over truth. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I have news for ya, a bunch of perverts in a Jets forum isn't going to change His mind either. Turn or burn.

I've already jerked off 2 times today. :P