Thread: Championship lineup dilemma

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Championship lineup dilemma

OK, I need help: Made the finals but for week 15 I have just about the worst matchups imaginable. Reading the sit 'ems on CBS is like reading my roster.

Here are the positions where I really have a choice:

At RB:
    Turner v Minn.
    Stewart v. NYG
    Johnson v. Pitt.
    Portis v. Phil.

At WR:
    S. Smith -- no brainer
    Cal. Johnson -- no brainer
    Cotchery v Sea
    S. Moss v. Phil.

DST:
    Jets or Titans

My gut is telling me to go with

Turner and Stewart (gambling that the Giants are weak right now)
    Cotchery (because the Jets are desperate and Seattle's pass defense sucks.)

Jets DST-- because ...Pittsburgh is rolling, Titans are hurt and Leon Washington is due to score?

FYI my other players are: Cutler and Favre (not starting), Witten and Longwell at K.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fukushimajin View Post
    OK, I need help: Made the finals but for week 15 I have just about the worst matchups imaginable. Reading the sit 'ems on CBS is like reading my roster.

Here are the positions where I really have a choice:

At RB:
    Turner v Minn.
    Stewart v. NYG
    Johnson v. Pitt.
    Portis v. Phil.

At WR:
    S. Smith -- no brainer
    Cal. Johnson -- no brainer
    Cotchery v Sea
    S. Moss v. Phil.

DST:
    Jets or Titans

My gut is telling me to go with

Turner and Stewart (gambling that the Giants are weak right now)
    Cotchery (because the Jets are desperate and Seattle's pass defense sucks.)

Jets DST-- because ...Pittsburgh is rolling, Titans are hurt and Leon Washington is due to score?

FYI my other players are: Cutler and Favre (not starting), Witten and Longwell at K.
    Doesn't seem like much of a dilemma from here...you made the right picks, imo, just a matter of what your opponent has going on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    itll be interesting to see how it goes with portis vs. the philly d. philly has been playing well, and portis has been in the news about being angry. id avoid playing him.... i think cotch will have a pretty good game. most likely a touchdown and 50 + yards. seattle is horrible against the pass. good luck!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks -- my opponent has a good team and mostly good match-ups

QB Romo
    RB S. Jackson v SF
    RB S. Slaton
    WR Roddy White v Minn
    WR W. Welker v. Ari
    WR. Larry Fitzgerald v NE
    TE. D. Owens
    K. N. Folk
    DST: Giants

His RB's are set up to do well but Romo and Giants may have trouble producing their usual numbers. WR's are good but always a coin toss to some extent.

I may be betting too heavily against the Giants with Smith and Stewart. I'd put in Portis, but with the OL a mess -- that team looks like it quit entirely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree that you have the best available options in there! I made the Championship in both my leagues this year and luckily I have some better options than you.

I have Anthony Gonzalez on my bench and after I heard Marvin Harrison didn't even make the trip I wanted to start him at my flex position but went against it because I Clark would get the slack, as he did.

I am riding my studs, they got me there!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    I would agree that you have the best available options in there! I made the Championship in both my leagues this year and luckily I have some better options than you.

I have Anthony Gonzalez on my bench and after I heard Marvin Harrison didn't even make the trip I wanted to start him at my flex position but went against it because I Clark would get the slack, as he did.

I am riding my studs, they got me there!
    Problem is two of my studs are in the worst imaginable matchups this week. I will curse myself forever if I leave a big game by Chris Johnson on the bench -- but then, the Jets totally shut him down. You have to figure the Stellers will too...

Good luck.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm up 8 with about 20 minutes of game time -- my opponent has Giants DST and I have Steve Smith. I believe I should win at this point despite my using the Jets DST over Titans DST -- never again.

I went with

Cutler
    Turner
    Chris Johnson
    Calvin Johnson
    Santana Moss
    Steve Smith
    Witten
    Longwell
    Jets

Basically, the trade of Jacobs for Witten, which made me look bad all season -- saved me in the end.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in.