Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabathia/Burnett Press Conference @ 1 p.m.

Banned

Sabathia/Burnett Press Conference @ 1 p.m.

On Yankees.com, YES Network, and ESPN News

Banned
    First class, as always. Yankees really know how to do these press conferences.

Anyways.. CC will be wearing #52, and Burnett wearing #34 (Congrats DevsJetsYanks88 you are the proud owner of a A.J. Burnett jersey)

BS that CC doesn't want to be here, after watching his press conference he seems very excited to be a NYY.

AJ Burnett seems very excited also. Hopefully the dude stays healthy, he said he was injured because he didn't know how to take care of his body right, lets see.

All League
    I expected CC to get crushed with 'Why'd it take so long? Do you hate NY?' questions.

It may be happening right now and it should!!!

Cashman said that the plan was made last year to get CC this year. That was the reason they didn't trade for Santana, as they rather have kept the prospects and got CC then gave up everyone for Santana.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Cashman said that the plan was made last year to get CC this year. That was the reason they didn't trade for Santana, as they rather have kept the prospects and got CC then gave up everyone for Santana.
    It was a risky plan, but it worked. Obviously Cashman won't get any credit for it because he has a thankless job.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-18-2008 at 03:07 PM.

But remember now, the Yankees still messed up. He's no Johan!

Quote Originally Posted by hollaman08 View Post
    But remember now, the Yankees still messed up. He's no Johan!

Haha yeah... I know I'm happy, if we didn't get CC we would of been screwed. But I am happy to keep the prospects and get a stud pitcher while were at it.

Seems like Burnett really is the #2 pitcher??? I would of thought Wang is over him, I see Wang as a better pitcher still. We'll see, not a bad top 3 at all though. Now we just need Pettitte back!!

Banned
    Haha yeah... I know I'm happy, if we didn't get CC we would of been screwed. But I am happy to keep the prospects and get a stud pitcher while were at it.

Seems like Burnett really is the #2 pitcher??? I would of thought Wang is over him, I see Wang as a better pitcher still. We'll see, not a bad top 3 at all though. Now we just need Pettitte back!!
    Burnett has #1 stuff. If the stars align.. we can have 3 #1's, maybe 4 with Joba. It's scary the potential our rotation has now. I can't wait!

Besides the opening series, and the post season, it doesn't matter who the #1 #2, #3, ect is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Burnett has #1 stuff. If the stars align.. we can have 3 #1's, maybe 4 with Joba. It's scary the potential our rotation has now. I can't wait!

Besides the opening series, and the post season, it doesn't matter who the #1 #2, #3, ect is.
    I don't think anyone can question the talent and potential of this rotation, I just hope they can stay healthy. Thats the question mark, CC is the only guy I feel comfortable staying on the mound all season.Lets just hope for no out for season type injuries, week injuries aren't a big deal.

Luckily we got Phil Hughes to step in for anyone hurt.

Banned
    I don't think anyone can question the talent and potential of this rotation, I just hope they can stay healthy. Thats the question mark, CC is the only guy I feel comfortable staying on the mound all season.Lets just hope for no out for season type injuries, week injuries aren't a big deal.

Luckily we got Phil Hughes to step in for anyone hurt.
    Wang makes me feel pretty comfortable. He had a freak foot injury last year, and a hamstring injury a few years ago.

All Pro
    One year I hope when an athlete gets asked a question about why they went somewhere they reply by saying how much they are getting paid.

It comes off as fake when you talk about how so and so team is your dream. CC did a pretty good job with the questions.

Banned
    I finally figured out who Kim Jones looks like.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    One year I hope when an athlete gets asked a question about why they went somewhere they reply by saying how much they are getting paid.

It comes off as fake when you talk about how so and so team is your dream. CC did a pretty good job with the questions.
    I was impressed by Burnett, he actually seemed like he wanted to be here. He did pick us over Atlanta, who offered around the same amount of $$

All Pro
    Troy Aikman FTW.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I finally figured out who Kim Jones looks like.

LOL.. I see that as well.

Banned
    Sabathia just admitted the money and the extra year did play a big part of him signing here, but did say he's moving his family to NY and living here year round.

Banned

Hall Of Fame
    Tyler and I (and I think JWF too) have been saying that for over a year now. I believe we were laughed at.

Banned