Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mets fans vs. Yankees fans

Practice Squad

Mets fans vs. Yankees fans

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of coming to this board for some baseball discussion and seeing every thread turn into a Mets vs Yankees argument. I can honestly say its kept me from adding anything most of the time. It seems to me like the regular posters are good guys who know what they are talking about. Both sides have the exceptions who seem to like starting arguments. K-met57 is just immature and in denial about his Yankee obsession while Guido seems to be tolerable until provoked, then he just turns to the same old insults (Omar only likes hispanic players and all Mets fans are obsessed with the Yankees). All fans have some bit of 'homerism' present but the majority here know their stuff and won't start arguing unless provoked. Guess what I'm getting at here is, could we please knock it off? It's no different then the trolls on the main board, they want to start sheet, so just ignore them and continue on with your civilized baseball discussion. I personally love it when both teams are doing well, always makes for an exciting season.

Hall Of Fame
    I pretty much agree with your post. I used to post much more often here, but it has just gotten so trivial with how a lot on here act. Sadly I don't think it will change.

Veteran
    I agree this forum has gone in the dump lately...and frankly I loved to come here and hear peoples views..but every thread turns out to be the same..its no different than TX in the Jets forums....kind of sucks

I completely agree, it is annoying. The Mets and Yankees only play 6 games against each other each year, those weekends are the time to talk smack IMO. But otherwise its just rubbish as we aren't in the same division or league.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I pretty much agree with your post. I used to post much more often here, but it has just gotten so trivial with how a lot on here act. Sadly I don't think it will change.
    Me either, but I thought it was worth a shot.

All League
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Maybe you guys should post your opinions instead of sitting back and letting these guys continue to make both fan bases (although I don't mind).

I like getting into mets/yankee arguements, it's fun stuff but everything I do agree that everytime it seems we want to discuss baseball in general it always ends up in a yankee/met debate. I'd love to discuss what the Royals are doing with their future, what the Rangers are doing with their pitching situation, what moves the Twins needs to make, etc but no one seems to want to talk about any other baseball teams!

All League
    I'm all for turning the page & not being so partisan. Like Rocky told the Russians at the end of IV, "If I can change, you can change...we all change, etc etc..." How 'bout it, Guido? Sean Ryan?

JetsFan2012
    x2

During the season is ok because at least there's always news, info, stats and scores to talk about. This idle trivial **** is stupid. I usually stay out of here as much as I can.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_80 View Post
    Guido seems to be tolerable until provoked, then he just turns to the same old insults.
    That's why I stopped posting in the baseball forum. Guido.

All League
    Yeah, K-Met really turns me off to this forum.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I'd love to discuss what the Royals are doing with their future
    Well, that makes one of us.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I'm all for turning the page & not being so partisan.
    lolza

You remind me of neckdemon. At least he had some interesting things to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    lolza

You remind me of neckdemon. At least he had some interesting things to say.
    neckdemon was hysterical.

JetsFan2012
    neckdemon was hysterical.
    Yeah, he wasn't even that bad, now that I think about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    That's why I stopped posting in the baseball forum. Guido.
    Do you want a hanky?

Hall Of Fame
    I miss Senor Gato. He might have been a douche, but at least the guy actually understood baseball.

All League
    Guido, I know more about the hypocricy of the Yankees than u care to read, so I understand your frustration. You're a classic Yankee homer, & I mean classic...you're a case study.

Veteran
    and here we go...

Hall Of Fame
    The quality will come back when the season starts. The knowledgeable posters will be back in droves posting more frequently, and for the most part the kids like Tucker, KMet and Danza that have been flaming the last couple of months will be ignored.

As for me riding the Metsies fans, you're making my point for me. I do it for two reasons:
    1) There are the Mets fans in here that ARE undeniably obsessed with the Yanks. Thus the endless "Yankees suck" threads. OP said it himself. And how many "Mets suck" threads are there? None. I feel it my duty to shame these fools.
    2) Then there are good Mets posters here. And well, I'll admit, it is a little fun sometimes when you guys get sucked into that conversation. Its funny how it gets to you guys sometimes. But for the most part, I do enjoy talking to you guys (JV, Ruby, AnthonySerp etc. on your side and JWF, Sean, etc. on this side.) about baseball. You guys know your stuff and we can have some fun here, and there's nothing wrong with a little ribbing, when it makes sense.

Go back through my posts. More often than not I have positive things to say about the Mets as a team. And for the most part, I focus on the Yankees. During the season, I rarely touch a Mets thread. Very rarely.

Anyway, if it is really bothering you guys, I'll just stop responding to the trifecta of idiots that have been posting lately. If we all do the same, it will clean up fast.

Play ball.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 12-18-2008 at 11:20 PM.