Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Lineup

Banned

Yankees Lineup

If today was opening day our lineup would probably be the following.

1. Damon LF [L]
    2. Jeter SS [R]
    3. Matsui DH [L]
    4. Rodriguez 3B [R]
    5. Posada C [S]
    6. Nady RF [R]
    7. Swisher 1B [S]
    8. Cano 2B [L]
    9. Gardner/Cabrera CF [L/S]

This lineup has nice balance. Pretty much lefty-righty right down the lineup. This lineup can either be pretty good or very good. For the lineup to be very good we need to finally see Cano have a consistent season. We need to get some production out of CF. Someone needs to step up. We also need to see Swisher rebound after a very poor 2008. We still have some power in this lineup, but IMO this lineup needs to play some small ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Why not have A-Rod bat 3rd so he'd get more ABs than Matsui? Especially in the AL with no pitcher.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    Why not have A-Rod bat 3rd so he'd get more ABs than Matsui? Especially in the AL with no pitcher.
    I guess you could flip A-Rod and Matsui

Hall Of Fame
    I dont know how you can go through another year with Chad Pennington in center field

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I dont know how you can go through another year with Chad Pennington in center field
    Both Cabrera and Gardner have very good arms. Johnny Damon hasn't been our full time CF since 2006.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-20-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Both Cabrera and Gardner have very good arms. Do you mean LF?
    i didn't realize you had Damon in LF....yes thats who i was talking about. I like him as a player (at least the player he used to be) but watching him throw the double bouncer to the cut-off was painful.

Banned
    i didn't realize you had Damon in LF....yes thats who i was talking about. I like him as a player (at least the player he used to be) but watching him throw the double bouncer to the cut-off was painful.
    Yeah me too, luckily it doesn't show much in LF, but Damon's arm might not be as bad as Carl Crawfords.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah me too, luckily it doesn't show much in LF, but Damon's arm might not be as bad as Carl Crawfords.
    I didnt realize, but you have issues in the OF. You may need a corner OF with pop worse then we do.

Banned
    I didnt realize, but you have issues in the OF. You may need a corner OF with pop worse then we do.
    I'd prefer a corner OF with high OBP. Abreu fits that bill. I am certain Nady will go back to being a player he's been his whole career.. so I think we might be in trouble getting base runners with no Abreu or Giambi on the team. Hopefully Swisher can go back to being the player he was.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd prefer a corner OF with high OBP. Abreu fits that bill. I am certain Nady will go back to being a player he's been his whole career.. so I think we might be in trouble getting base runners with no Abreu or Giambi on the team. Hopefully Swisher can go back to being the player he was.
    Arod may be the only sure thing in the lineup as far as power numbers....no one else is a lock to hit 20 HR's....

Banned
    Arod may be the only sure thing in the lineup as far as power numbers....no one else is a lock to hit 20 HR's....
    Swisher, Posada, Matsui, Nady are 20 home run guys. I believe, Cano, if he ever hits consistently, can be a 20-30 home run guy.

All Pro
    If today was opening day our lineup would probably be the following.

1. Damon LF [L]
    2. Jeter SS [R]
    3. Matsui DH [L]
    4. Rodriguez 3B [R]
    5. Posada C [S]
    6. Nady RF [R]
    7. Swisher 1B [S]
    8. Cano 2B [L]
    9. Gardner/Cabrera CF [L/S]

This lineup has nice balance. Pretty much lefty-righty right down the lineup. This lineup can either be pretty good or very good. For the lineup to be very good we need to finally see Cano have a consistent season. We need to get some production out of CF. Someone needs to step up. We also need to see Swisher rebound after a very poor 2008. We still have some power in this lineup, but IMO this lineup needs to play some small ball.
    If we got Manny who would be the odd man out? Damon cannot play right. Nady might move to right then who DH's Damon or Matsui? Manny is not a great fit for the Yanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    If we got Manny who would be the odd man out? Damon cannot play right. Nady might move to right then who DH's Damon or Matsui? Manny is not a great fit for the Yanks.
    Manny is a great fit if we are able to trade Matsui.

All Pro
    Manny is a great fit if we are able to trade Matsui.
    I guess the Seattle rumors would pick up again.

Banned
    If we go to war with this lineup, it would be nice to see Matsui, Damon, and Nady have contract years.

We really need Austin Jackson to take another big step towards coming to the Bronx this up coming season. We are going to have to construct a new outfield next off season.

LF- Matt Holliday
    CF- Austin Jackson
    RF- Rick Ankiel
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-21-2008 at 12:44 AM.

If we go to war with this lineup, it would be nice to see Matsui, Damon, and Nady have contract years.

We really need Austin Jackson to take another big step towards coming to the Bronx this up coming season. We are going to have to construct a new outfield next off season.

LF- Matt Holliday
    CF- Austin Jackson
    RF- Rick Ankiel
    That's why I'd rather the team trade for Cameron, roll with an OF of Damon, Cameron, Nady, and Matsui as the DH.

Then you have all 3 OF spots open next year, can bring up Jackson, and add a big time corner OFer like a Holliday, Rios, etc... who are available every other year.

Knowing Cashman, he'll sign Rick Ankiel to be the 5th starter in the rotation

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Knowing Cashman, he'll sign Rick Ankiel to be the 5th starter in the rotation
    After signing Sabathia and Burnett you give this asinine response? Now you're just complaining just to ***** about something.

Veteran
    I am worried about the lineup..I think Nady had a great year last year and is bound to see his numbers drop...I dont know to expect from Swisher...and Matsui and Posada are coming off injuries...

Hall Of Fame
    Swisher, Posada, Matsui, Nady are 20 home run guys. I believe, Cano, if he ever hits consistently, can be a 20-30 home run guy.
    Matsui and Posada have been hurt and are up there in age, Nady only hit 25 last year (even with his crazy start), Cano is yet to hit 20 in his career....anyhow....just saying these are not sure things to put up power numbers.