Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AP study finds $1.6B went to bailed-out bank execs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2925707]Ofcourse he would. Our economy is in the f'n toilet thanks to Bush and the GOP and these republicans all they want to talk about is silly garbage about some guy being gay.

Hopefully they can continue in their noble quest to defend Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Our economy is in the tank because of every politician, both parties. But the biggest reason is because Bush is a half breedd liberal con. He spent like a .iberal but taxed like a conservative - and absolutely noone in Congress demanded diffrent because they were all getting their palms greased.

Which leads me to my final point. It's our fault, too, for not being aware/informed/involved enough to vote them out en masse.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2927231]Our economy is in the tank because of every politician, both parties. But the biggest reason is because Bush is a half breedd liberal con. He spent like a .iberal but taxed like a conservative - and absolutely noone in Congress demanded diffrent because they were all getting their palms greased.

Which leads me to my final point. It's our fault, too, for not being aware/informed/involved enough to vote them out en masse.[/QUOTE]

But the beers, dude. What about the beers I can have with Bush?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the gov't go running to Wall Street? Did the gov't go running to the Big 3 or the Airlines?

They all came running wanting help when they are in trouble and are the first to hide every dollar they make overseas.

They socialize loss and privatize gain.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2925970]What do you want me to say? The sky is blue? What did you think my opinion was going to be?

Itís a gross abuse of power and shows why the Fed doesnít deserve as much as they do, much less more.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2927542]Did the gov't go running to Wall Street? Did the gov't go running to the Big 3 or the Airlines?

They all came running wanting help when they are in trouble and are the first to hide every dollar they make overseas.

They socialize loss and privatize gain.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and who allows them to socialize loss? The federal government that can never have enough centralized power.

Lots of people can ask me for money. I don't have to give it to them. What's even worse, I don't have to give other people's money to them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot only the gov't uses other people's money.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928270]Yes, and who allows them to socialize loss? The federal government that can never have enough centralized power.

Lots of people can ask me for money. I don't have to give it to them. What's even worse, I don't have to give other people's money to them.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2928333]I forgot only the gov't uses other people's money.[/QUOTE]

They are one of the biggest - and much more attention should be paid to their abuses of power. It doesn't excuse the government one bit. Over $2 trillion unaccounted for. Sure, they deserve more power.

And I have much more choice over the private sector. Not even close.
    Last edited by BrooklynBound; 12-22-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 trillion went to the private sector. Power loves power. Paulson didn't forget his boys and they got their money. Pretty simple.
    Diversified abuse is sooo much better.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928351]They are one of the biggest - and much more attention should be paid to their abuses of power. It doesn't excuse the government one bit. Over $2 trillion unaccounted for. Sure, they deserve more power.

And I have much more choice over the private sector. Not even close.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2928400]The 2 trillion went to the private sector. Power loves power. Paulson didn't forget his boys and they got their money. Pretty simple.
    Diversified abuse is sooo much better.[/QUOTE]

Without centralized power, none of this would have been possible. Of course, de-centralized power is better. When abuses occur, they have much less of an impact.

When one man, without checks and balances, can control the entire monetary system, what do you expect will happen? Simply slapping the government label on a group of men does not make them honest or not corrupt. Giving any group of men centralized power without checks and balances is immoral and irresponsible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checks and balances.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928411]Without centralized power, none of this would have been possible. Of course, de-centralized power is better. When abuses occur, they have much less of an impact.

When one man, without checks and balances, can control the entire monetary system, what do you expect will happen? Simply slapping the government label on a group of men does not make them honest or not corrupt. Giving any group of men centralized power without checks and balances is immoral and irresponsible.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2928416]Checks and balances.[/QUOTE]

You might want to develop that point a little more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you bring in Big business people into the gov't this is what you get.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928417]You might want to develop that point a little more.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2927278]But the beers, dude. What about the beers I can have with Bush?[/QUOTE]

I don't drink (have no problewm with those who do as long as they don't drive), but the guy I would most like to be at a barbecue with while he drank some beers is Biden.

I don;t like his politics, but he seems like a blast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2928425]When you bring in Big business people into the gov't this is what you get.[/QUOTE]

When the government ALLOWS such corruption by giving them special favors, they obviously need more power. That's the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928668]When the government [B]ALLOWS[/B] such corruption by giving them special favors, they obviously need more power. That's the answer.[/QUOTE]

Is that kinda like when a girl ALLOWS herself to be raped? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2928740]Is that kinda like when a girl ALLOWS herself to be raped? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Stop.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2928755]Stop.[/QUOTE]

I cannot. You say that government "allows" itself to be corrupted by big business. This is true. Money can buy you anything. Every person can be bought for a price. That's why big business loves their lobbyists.

I look forward to living in a world reminiscent of Robocop's Detroit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2928931]I cannot. You say that government "allows" itself to be corrupted by big business. This is true. Money can buy you anything. Every person can be bought for a price. That's why big business loves their lobbyists.

I look forward to living in a world reminiscent of Robocop's Detroit.[/QUOTE]

How is it not true? If politicians are influenced by lobbyists, they are allowing themselves to be corrupted. And that hurts the working man big-time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2930181]How is it not true? If politicians are influenced by lobbyists, they are allowing themselves to be corrupted. And that hurts the working man big-time.[/QUOTE]

Allowing themselves to be corrupted. Exactly. So none of the onus falls on the business...

Hence my rape metaphor. Government is asking for it, being all coy and easily corrupted and stuff...
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-23-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2930270]Allowing themselves to be corrupted. Exactly. So none of the onus falls on the business...

Hence my rape metaphor. Government is asking for it, being all coy and easily corrupted and stuff...[/QUOTE]

Of course special interest groups are after favors. Never said otherwise. Since we know this occurs, the answer isn't government power, since we know they'll abuse it with their bedfellows.

It's not rape. You can't rape the willing. It's infidelity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2925707]Ofcourse he would. Our economy is in the f'n toilet thanks to Bush and the GOP and these republicans all they want to talk about is silly garbage about some guy being gay.

Hopefully they can continue in their noble quest to defend Christmas.[/QUOTE]the sub-prime loans started this whole thing.you can thank the liberals for this.