Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought: Is Farve getting old or is it the system?

All League
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2930857]what do you call throwing into double, triple or quadruple coverage?!? What do you call 0 passing TDs and 6 INTs in the last 4 games?!?

I call that a pretty dumb QB[/QUOTE]

I'm absolutely sure that you are in the meetings with the players and have been watching film with Favre and know that he blatantly chooses to avoid learning the playbook.:rolleyes:

I call it not playing well.

[QUOTE]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a future HOF QB, who threw for a record 6 TD's in a game, just a few weeks ago age overnight to become what we see today?

Is this the same Brett Favre that we have seen in the first 11 games and over his 16 year career?

Can a JETS team that won 5 in a row, with the last two wins against NE and the undefeated Titans team, all of a sudden become flat-out terrible overnight because of player execution?

Something is wrong here. Something stinks to high heaven and It's coming from Mangini's office.

It's as if the team is just - not giving up but giving in - to Mangini's total lack of passion for the game.

You could see it in Favre's eye's as if he wants to blurt out and say, get me the hell outta here - and I don't blame him. This organization has no passion, no passion to win. They care more about making sure their plan is executed to perfection then adjusting their plan to win the game.

You could hear it in Coles' voice, Washington's comments, Damien Woody remarks after the Seattle game. This team has become exactly what Mangini has wanted them to be - emotionless.

Brett is a gunslinger just in the same way all the greats were. Namath is the 1st name that comes to mind. He threw a ton of INT's but that was part of the game. You got to take smart chances. Sometimes they work but sometimes they won't - but you got to take chances.

As the saying goes, No Balls, No Blue Chips

Time for the New York JETS to take a chance on another coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

What I want everyone to take a real close look at is what this "system" has produced! There is no way in hell you are going to sell me on [B][I]every QB we put behind Center sucks and throws crazy INT's! Pennington, Clemens and now Favre are INT machines![/I]
    [/B]
    Pennington has barely thrown any INT's this season yet he was a Pick 6 monster when with the Jets! Can you really tell me you think every QB that puts on a Green & White jersey sucks or is it the freakn coaching staff doesn't know what the hell they are doing?????

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

[QUOTE=ArmyJets04;2928716]So...Why all of a sudden we collapse after beating the titans? The reason is teams found out our scripted plays and we have a coach who doesn't know how to adjust and change it up. The term "halftime adjustment" doesn't exist for Mangini. .[/QUOTE]

Nor are we properly utilizing our two best weapons on offense (Leon and Keller).

Those guys are not getting nearly as many touches as they should, given the match-up problems that they create at their respective positions.

Imagine what Pennington could have been if he wasn't a Jet for so many years. ...

Lack of WR play and the system. ...Tom Brady couldn't do squat on this team.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;2930906]What I want everyone to take a real close look at is what this "system" has produced! There is no way in hell you are going to sell me on [B][I]every QB we put behind Center sucks and throws crazy INT's! Pennington, Clemens and now Favre are INT machines![/I]
    [/B]
    Pennington has barely thrown any INT's this season yet he was a Pick 6 monster when with the Jets! Can you really tell me you think every QB that puts on a Green & White jersey sucks or is it the freakn coaching staff doesn't know what the hell they are doing?????[/QUOTE]

When was Pennington a pick machine? You mean that 4 year streak when he never threw picks in the red zone?

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2931502]When was Pennington a pick machine? You mean that 4 year streak when he never threw picks in the red zone?[/QUOTE]

No he means the one and a half years in Mangini-Schottenheimer's system where he threw 25 INT in 25 games. Pennington's history of not throwing lots of picks before this regime amplifies the point that it's the system, not the QB.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;2931511]No he means the one and a half years in Mangini-Schottenheimer's system where he threw 25 INT in 25 games. Pennington's history of not throwing lots of picks before this regime amplifies the point that it's the system, not the QB.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right there, but let's be honest, Favre has ALWAYS been a pick machine. And do you remember how his season ended last year? Pick.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2928686]I think it's a bit of both.

How is it that Pennington looks like complete dogsh*t last year then goes and has a pro-bowl caliber season on an offense with a bunch of nobodies outside of Ronnie Brown?

.[/QUOTE]

Dan Henning is his coordinator now. Thats how.