Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre's Emotions on Sunday

All League

Brett Favre's Emotions on Sunday

I searched and didn't see this.

I saw something on ESPN regarding Favre and the Green Bay game the day after his father died in a car accident, and I realized that the Seattle game was the 5 year anniversary (to the day) of his death.

I noticed what I thought was a total lack of emotion at the post game presser on SNY, but could it have been just a somber day?....Could it have effected his play?

So what was his excuse for the other 3 games before that?

his arm affected his play

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2929189]I searched and didn't see this.

I saw something on ESPN regarding Favre and the Green Bay game the day after his father died in a car accident, and I realized that the Seattle game was the 5 year anniversary (to the day) of his death.

I noticed what I thought was a total lack of emotion at the post game presser on SNY, but could it have been just a somber day?....Could it have effected his play?[/QUOTE]

Not buying that..On the Day Farve's Dad died he had one of his best games ever beating the Raiders 41-7..

Banned
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2929194]So what was his excuse for the other 3 games before that?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

In Favre's last 4 games down the stretch, he has thrown for 1 TD and 7 INT's with a QB rating of 58.4

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=truti;2929197]his arm affected his play[/QUOTE]

that and his head

The only emotion I really care about from Favre is when he gets really excited when we score a TD.

The rest he can save for the commercials and press conferences. He probably has a very high press conference rating, which is very compelling television, but nothing I care about.

All Pro
    This is absolutely pathetic. All these Favrephiles come up with EVERY excuse in the book for his horrible play.

It was sunny, maybe it got in Brett's eyes.

It was cloudy, maybe the clouds made him sad.

Give me a break.

Jets Insider VIP
    His emotions don't concern me as much as his body language.

All Pro
    His emotions don't concern me as much as his ****ty play.

All League
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2929351]This is absolutely pathetic. All these Favrephiles come up with EVERY excuse in the book for his horrible play.

It was sunny, maybe it got in Brett's eyes.

It was cloudy, maybe the clouds made him sad.

Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Easy there Chaddy boy....I was merely making an observation and asking for opinions....I wasn't crazy about him coming here in the first place, but I guarantee one thing....If Chad were here this season we'd be in the same position as last year....At least with Favre we have a shot at the playoffs, albeit a slim one.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2930009]Easy there Chaddy boy....I was merely making an observation and asking for opinions....I wasn't crazy about him coming here in the first place, but I guarantee one thing....If Chad were here this season we'd be in the same position as last year....At least with Favre we have a shot at the playoffs, albeit a slim one.[/QUOTE]

See, I just don't believe that. Favre hasn't won games in ways that Chad couldn't. The way we won games this year was with a staunch defense and a power rushing game. Favre didn't win us one game. Is Chad the best option at QB? Maybe not, but I still say he's an upgrade over Favre. With Chad we win in Oakland and we win in Seattle.

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2930856]See, I just don't believe that. Favre hasn't won games in ways that Chad couldn't. The way we won games this year was with a staunch defense and a power rushing game. Favre didn't win us one game. Is Chad the best option at QB? Maybe not, but I still say he's an upgrade over Favre. With Chad we win in Oakland and we win in Seattle.[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit this, but I think this is correct.

All League
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2930856]See, I just don't believe that. Favre hasn't won games in ways that Chad couldn't. The way we won games this year was with a staunch defense and a power rushing game. Favre didn't win us one game. Is Chad the best option at QB? Maybe not, but I still say he's an upgrade over Favre. With Chad we win in Oakland and we win in Seattle.[/QUOTE]

And we lose to Arizona, we lose to Tennessee and we lose to New England.

All League
    Looking forward what will be Favre's emotions be like this Sunday which could potentially be his last game as a pro?

Fired up I hope.

Cassell"s Dad died a few days earlier and He threw for 4 touchdowns and won the game! Just an excuse!

How many threads have been started about Brett Favre's "emotions" this season.

[QUOTE=JiF;2930966]How many threads have been started about Brett Favre's "emotions" this season.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well - I'm a freakin' emotional wreck since Sunday ...

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2930866]And we lose to Arizona, we lose to Tennessee and we lose to New England.[/QUOTE]

2 things I disagree with this. I think first of all we would have won the tennesee game either way. It was a very good game by favre, but more a total team domination. We also probably beat NE the first time around. And we probably would have beat oakland, seatle, and maybe SF. The Arizona game I am not really so sure about. If you go back and rewatch the game, you will see that on 5 of 6 of favre's td passes, Chad, or even my grandmother probably could have completed the passes. Its not like favre used his great arm strength to fit balls into tight windows. He was making passes to wide open receviers on blown coverages.

All League
    I think the 2 main reasons for this team's collapse (coaching aside):

Favre is just too old for the cold weather.
    Kris Jenkins is not 100%.

Both these players make their respective units go. Both are not functioning to their capabilities.

If we can avoid a snow/rain mix on Sunday, and Kris can somehow magically rest/heal this week-- we are as good a team as anybody. I firmly believe that.