Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brett Favre's Emotions on Sunday

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    So are you sayin' we haveta go bump off one of Favre's relatives to get him to play bettah???

[IMG]http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/2004/0221/ViterelliJoe.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favre was concerned during the game, and drained after the game, as it has become increasingly obvious over the last couple of games that the coaching stinks (as in playcalling and schemes on offense); the O-line couldn't protect him; and the defense not playoff calibre.

Any fan who thinks that Chad Pennington would have done any better on this team than Brett Favre has, is absolutely delusional. The problems on this team go way farther than the QB. Just like Pennington wasn't the problem last year, Favre isn't the reason the Jets, as a team, are underachieving the potential they have as individual players.

Chad-lovers should be happy for Chad that he landed on his feet with the Dolphins - and leave it at that.

Those of us who have followed and admired Favre are sad that things didn't work out better for him and the Jets, but we also know that what Tannenbaum promised Favre (a power running game; good protection; a staunch defense) got lost somewhere in swamps of New Jersey on the way to the playoffs. Whether due to injury to key players (I believe Jenkins and Favre are more seriously injured than anyone has let on); poor schemes and/or coaching; or the team's complete lack of faith in Mangini, is for others to sort out.

But a new quarterback, absent any other changes, isn't going to make next year any better for the New York Jets.

As a player, Brett Favre can't carry a team on his shoulders any more. But he is a coach's son and has played football at the highest level possible since he was 14 years old. He can evaluate players, coaches and schemes - and knows what it takes to win.

Woody and Tannenbaum seem honest in their commitment to build a team to win now. I trust that they will make informed decisions as to how to move on from this year. That's all anyone can ask for.
    Last edited by Fan4Life; 12-24-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fan4Life;2931208]Favre was concerned during the game, and drained after the game, as it has become increasingly obvious over the last couple of games that the coaching stinks (as in playcalling and schemes on offense); the O-line couldn't protect him; and the defense not playoff calibre.

Any fan who thinks that Chad Pennington would have done any better on this team than Brett Favre has, is absolutely delusional. The problems on this team go way farther than the QB. Just like Pennington wasn't the problem last year, Favre isn't the reason the Jets, as a team, are underachieving the potential they have as individual players would indicate, this year

Chad-lovers should be happy for Chad that he landed on his feet with the Dolphins - and leave it at that.

Those of us who have followed and admired Favre are sad that things didn't work out better for him and the Jets, but we also know that what Tannenbaum promised Favre (a power running game; good protection; a staunch defense) got lost somewhere in swamps of New Jersey on the way to the playoffs. Whether due injury to key players (I believe Jenkins and Favre are more seriously injured than anyone has let on); poor schemes and/or coaching; or the team's complete lack of faith in Mangini, is for others to sort out.

But a new quarterback, absent any other changes, isn't going to make next year any better for the New York Jets.

As a player, Brett Favre can't carry a team on his shoulders any more. But he is a coach's son and has played football at the highest level possible since he was 14 years old. He can evaluate players, coaches and schemes - and knows what it takes to win.

Woody and Tannenbaum seem honest in their commitment to build a team to win now. I trust that they will make informed decisions as to how to move on from this year. That's all anyone can ask for.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy I realize you've been asleep the past 4.5 weeks... but let me tell you, your boy Favre sucks big donkey d!ck. He is absolutely horrible and seems to only want to throw into double or triple coverage... or off his backfoot... or across his body... or all three like his first INT this past week! He is dumb as sh!t and refuses to learn our playbook so we are stuck with 10-15 plays that he ran in GB (that we had to teach to our receivers). 0 TDs and 6 INTs over that span (1 rushing TD though... whoop-de-effing-doo). Favre certainly can carry a team on his shoulders, he is this year... he's carrying them right out of the playoffs, right out of a division championship, and definitely carrying us to a place that sets us back at least a year or two

that being said, you may be right and he may be injured (my speculation has been torn labrum like Chad's first shoulder injury)... however if he is, he shouldn't be out there

oh yeah, and Chad has this team at 10 wins already. You can take that to the bank because it's golden

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2931214]oh yeah, and Chad has this team at 10 wins already. You can take that to the bank because it's golden[/QUOTE]

But Chad does not have the arm to get you to a superbowl. We've witnessed this time and time again. What's the point if he goes 10-6 every year with a first round playoff loss?

The goal is to WIN THE BIG THING. Chad just floats in mediocrity. The Jets took a gamble, it backfired. Lets move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2931225]But Chad does not have the arm to get you to a superbowl. We've witnessed this time and time again. What's the point if he goes 10-6 every year with a first round playoff loss?

The goal is to WIN THE BIG THING. Chad just floats in mediocrity. The Jets took a gamble, it backfired. Lets move on.[/QUOTE]

And Favre doesn't have the HEAD to get you to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl!!!

PLUS we had to give up at least a 3rd rounder for him, while letting Chad go to a division rival for free and shore up their QB situation and have a MVP-type year, Pro-Bowl snub and quite possibly the division crown!!!

Backfired is the understatement of the year and the gamble wasn't going to get us anything... all it did was set us back... BIGTIME

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2931233]And Favre doesn't have the HEAD to get you to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl!!!

PLUS we had to give up at least a 3rd rounder for him, while letting Chad go to a division rival for free and shore up their QB situation and have a MVP-type year, Pro-Bowl snub and quite possibly the division crown!!!

Backfired is the understatement of the year and the gamble wasn't going to get us anything... all it did was set us back... BIGTIME[/QUOTE]

Are you stupid? Or just an idiot?

Favre has not only already won a superbowl, but he went to the NFC Championship game AS RECENTLY AS LAST YEAR.

When has Chad ever gotten to a championship game. Don't bother looking it up. The answer is never.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2931238]Are you stupid? Or just an idiot?

Favre has not only already won a superbowl, but he went to the NFC Championship game AS RECENTLY AS LAST YEAR.

When has Chad ever gotten to a championship game. Don't bother looking it up. The answer is never.[/QUOTE]

So you must not get Jets games in Jamaica but let me fill you in on something... Favre absolutely sucks THIS YEAR... WHICH IS THE YEAR YOU SHOULD BE CARING ABOUT!!!

And besides, he went to the a conference championship, but it was for the JV championship... aka the NFC Championship. Plus he did it out of the NFC North, the 2nd worst division in the entire league (and NFC conference).

And with Chad as the QB, at least we'd have a CHANCE to get to the championship game because we'd at least be in the playoffs!!!

oh and drop the childish name calling and personal attacks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2931238]Are you stupid? Or just an idiot?

[B]Favre has not only already won a superbowl, but he went to the NFC Championship game AS RECENTLY AS LAST YEAR.[/B]

When has Chad ever gotten to a championship game. Don't bother looking it up. The answer is never.[/QUOTE]

Favre won only one Super Bowl and it was 12 friggn' years ago.

His bonehead plays last year single handidly lost the NFC Championship for the Packers.

The guy is a total has-been.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to compare Chad with the Jets vs Chad with the Dolphins is like trying to compare apples and oranges. Better to compare a coaching staff that put its players in a position to win vs one that does not. This has bin a trait of Parcells from day one. Yes I know he is not the head coach its is a philosophy he employs and that tricles down. Jets record with Chad in my opinion would be the same at best, minus the expectations due to the fact that wins would have come versus different opponents and would have never fueled expectations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2931246]So you must not get Jets games in Jamaica but let me fill you in on something... Favre absolutely sucks THIS YEAR... WHICH IS THE YEAR YOU SHOULD BE CARING ABOUT!!!

And besides, he went to the a conference championship, but it was for the JV championship... aka the NFC Championship. Plus he did it out of the NFC North, the 2nd worst division in the entire league (and NFC conference).

And with Chad as the QB, at least we'd have a CHANCE to get to the championship game because we'd at least be in the playoffs!!!

oh and drop the childish name calling and personal attacks[/QUOTE]

I'm just riled up sorry.

Listen, there is no question that Favre has aged in front of our eyes. It was a gamble worth taking BECAUSE

Chad HAS never and WILL never get to a conference championship game, let alone a superbowl. You can take that to the bank.

I UNDERSTAND that Favre didn't work out. BUT ITS A GAMBLE YOU TAKE.

When you're the small stack at the table, you have to go all in and try to double up. You don't keep calling until you get blinded out.

It's time to enter the tournament again with a fresh face like Clemens or Ratliff. Chad doesn't have what it takes to win the tournament-- all he'll do, is get you "in the money" (in WSOP terms).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2931297]I'm just riled up sorry.

Listen, there is no question that Favre has aged in front of our eyes. It was a gamble worth taking BECAUSE

Chad HAS never and WILL never get to a conference championship game, let alone a superbowl. You can take that to the bank.

I UNDERSTAND that Favre didn't work out. BUT ITS A GAMBLE YOU TAKE.

When you're the small stack at the table, you have to go all in and try to double up. You don't keep calling until you get blinded out.

It's time to enter the tournament again with a fresh face like Clemens or Ratliff. Chad doesn't have what it takes to win the tournament-- all he'll do, is get you "in the money" (in WSOP terms).[/QUOTE]

Let's sit Favre and start Ratliff then. See what he has against real NFL talent and with real NFL talent

hell I'd even rather see Clemens with a real o-line around him even though based on the evidence of last year and his getting whipped by Chad in TC, my expectations of him aren't very high

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931287]Trying to compare Chad with the Jets vs Chad with the Dolphins is like trying to compare apples and oranges. Better to compare a coaching staff that put its players in a position to win vs one that does not. This has bin a trait of Parcells from day one. Yes I know he is not the head coach its is a philosophy he employs and that tricles down. Jets record with Chad in my opinion would be the same at best, minus the expectations due to the fact that wins would have come versus different opponents and would have never fueled expectations.[/QUOTE]

Same record AT WORST you mean! I agree about the expectations in mid November, but the expectations in December and on would be greater with Chad!

Our record with Chad:

MIA = W
    NE = W
    SD = L
    ARI = W
    CIN = W
    OAK = W
    KC = W
    BUF = W
    STL = W
    NE = L
    TEN = L
    DEN = L
    SF = W
    BUF = L
    SEA = W

10 wins after split with Brady-less NE and split with Buffalo (like usual) + 1 more next week against MIA = 11 wins.

How do you see Chad through week 16 on our upgraded Jets team from 2007 against a cupcake schedule?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2931316]Same record AT WORST you mean! I agree about the expectations in mid November, but the expectations in December and on would be greater with Chad!

Our record with Chad:

MIA = W
    NE = W
    SD = L
    ARI = W
    CIN = W
    OAK = W
    KC = W
    BUF = W
    STL = W
    NE = L
    TEN = L
    DEN = L
    SF = W
    BUF = L
    SEA = W

10 wins after split with Brady-less NE and split with Buffalo (like usual) + 1 more next week against MIA = 11 wins.

How do you see Chad through week 16 on our upgraded Jets team from 2007 against a cupcake schedule?[/QUOTE]

Another point I wanted to make is that:

the Jets are 4-2 against teams that are .500+
    the Jets are 5-4 against teams that are less than .500

I believe that Chad is 2-4 against teams that are .500+ this year

Just adding the point that Chad cannot win the "big games." But he'll win you everything else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2931338]Another point I wanted to make is that:

the Jets are 4-2 against teams that are .500+
    the Jets are 5-4 against teams that are less than .500

I believe that Chad is 2-4 against teams that are .500+ this year

Just adding the point that Chad cannot win the "big games." But he'll win you everything else.[/QUOTE]

I don't care which teams we'd beat... I care about the total number of wins and our standings! He'd also be 8-1 against teams that are less than .500 so we'd be 1 win ahead of Favre's 2008 Jets and we'd be in control of the division and our fate and headed to the postseason PLUS we'd still have our 3rd round pick (or 2nd if the Jets catch a lot of luck and Favre somehow plays decent enough to win (or Mangini sits Favre for Ratliff or Clemens))

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2931343]I don't care which teams we'd beat... I care about the total number of wins and our standings! He'd also be 8-1 against teams that are less than .500 so we'd be 1 win ahead of Favre's 2008 Jets and we'd be in control of the division and our fate and headed to the postseason PLUS we'd still have our 3rd round pick (or 2nd if the Jets catch a lot of luck and Favre somehow plays decent enough to win (or Mangini sits Favre for Ratliff or Clemens))[/QUOTE]

But the problem is...you dont face sub .500 teams in the playoffs. That 8-1 gets thrown out the door.

Whatever the case is, lets just hope for the best this year.

Maybe we'll find our own Cassel/Thigpen/Romo from within.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have the season with Chad playing out more like this
    Miami- W
    N.E.-W
    SD- L
    Ari.- L
    Cin.- W
    Oak.-W
    K.C.- W
    Buf.-L
    St. L.-W
    N.E.- L
    Ten.-L
    Den.-W
    S.F.-W
    Buf.-W
    Sea.- L
    thats 9 and 6 with different expectations. Jet fans would have realized they had not beaten any of the elite teams and chalked their record to pre-season expectations

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2930866]And we lose to Arizona, we lose to Tennessee and we lose to New England.[/QUOTE]

I know other people have repeated this a few times since I've posted but NO! We don't lose the Tennessee game since that was due to our powerful rushing attack and stingy defense. Arizona? Warner fumbled the ball about 800 times and Favre wasn't exactly making the deepest throws, his opportunities for TDs were just so much greater because he had about 70 chances with the ball. The New England game? Do you even watch the games dude? Favre was absolutely lifeless the entire game, looked confused and tired and inspired zero confidence in his team. If you just watched ESPN then you can assume that Favre beat the Patriots, yet if you watched the actual GAME then you can see Favre was throwing dink and dunk passes in overtime and letting Keller and Coles streamroll past Mayo and the other linebackers that can't cover.

Watch the games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fan4Life;2931208]Favre was concerned during the game, and drained after the game, as it has become increasingly obvious [B]over the last couple of games that the coaching stinks.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yea, it's the coaching staffs fault when Favre throws off his back foot, across his body and into double coverage for yet another INT. :rolleyes:

Favre has been a complete joke this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2931543]Yea, it's the coaching staffs fault when Favre throws off his back foot, across his body and into double coverage for yet another INT. :rolleyes:

Favre has been a complete joke this year.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.