Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Bellichick never shows EMOTION

Board Moderator

Bill Bellichick never shows EMOTION

Everyone complaining about Mangnini's lack of emotion, look at BB, he never shows any emotion, on the sidelines or in his pressers.

Marty Lyons was saying last night that if you think he is emotionless in the locker room behind closed doors, its just the opposite.

He also pointed out, Cleveland fired BB after three seasons and look what happened next.

No one has these kind of expectations for this year. Yes after 8-3 and the fail that took place the last 4 games, I think the players deserve a lot of the blame and not Eric.

Just sayin.....

Jets Insider VIP
    He also never gets outcoached

I've seen Belichick show emotion on the sidelines... he gets angry, he gets in the faces of his defensive unit and coaches them, and he definitely shows some kind of expression.

Mangini looks like he's trying to emulate his hero but is taking it to the extreme, to the point where he's ignoring his players.

the game plans suck week in and week out. there are no adjustments made in game or during the week to counter teams taking Jenkins out of the game

Banned
    First off, yes he does.

Second, it only happens when he gets out-coached, or his players make a ridiculously bad play, or he loses... which would explain why you think he never does.

All Pro
    mangini doesnt show emotion cuz he wants to belllychick

bellychick is who he is

Hall Of Fame
    ummm wtf?!? Belichick DOES show emotion... what games are you watching?

Emotion? You wanna see emotion?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sd-j0rKeKw[/url]

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2929256]ummm wtf?!? Belichick DOES show emotion... what games are you watching?[/QUOTE]

Look at the pic in your sig, he stands on the sidelines with his arms folded making sad puppy faces when things are not going well.

Everyone wants Cowher because he runs around yelling at everyone, I'm just saying BB's style is totally subdued and deadpan.

There is only 1 Bill Belichick (thankfully)

[QUOTE=Vilma;2929264]Look at the pic in your sig, he stands on the sidelines with his arms folded making sad puppy faces when things are not going well.

Everyone wants Cowher because he runs around yelling at everyone, I'm just saying BB's style is totally subdued and deadpan.[/QUOTE]

But he does show emotion, he's definitely intense throughout the game. Mangini looks bored and slightly distracted.

[QUOTE=Vilma;2929264]Look at the pic in your sig, he stands on the sidelines with his arms folded making sad puppy faces when things are not going well.

Everyone wants Cowher because he runs around yelling at everyone, I'm just saying BB's style is totally subdued and deadpan.[/QUOTE]

once he starts coaching like BB he can get away with it

[QUOTE=Vilma;2929235]

He also pointed out, Cleveland fired BB after three seasons and look what happened next.

Just sayin.....[/QUOTE]

BB Was a proven DC before he was fired. Also, the situation in Cleveland was terible.

Mangini has one year as a DC and had the play-calling stripped from him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2929267]But he does show emotion, he's definitely intense throughout the game. Mangini looks bored and slightly distracted.[/QUOTE]

:yes: thanks Paulie... at least someone else is paying attention!

Seriously, do you watch the Patriots? Do you remember the Jets game I believe 2 years ago, Pennington threw a backward pass that fell incomplete and all the players just kind of stood there and then you see BB on the sideline going nuts to let his players know the ball was still live, Wilfork picked it up and ran with it (not for too long, big Vince isn't known for his sprinting). He was a crazy man on the sideline, and that is just one example. He is forever yelling stuff out to his players, and huddling with the defense when they come off the field. I've seen him step out onto the field to slap helmets and butt's after good plays too. Don't confuse "Press Conference Bill" with gametime Bill, two totally separate animals.

The Pats dont have ****tenheimer and ****ton on their coaching staff. They go to the superbowl every year. No need to show any emotions when you're winning.

[B][U]Its the freakin NFL[/U][/B]..not high school..running around and screaming doesn't result in a better team..if anything you alienate players..90% of NFL coaches show little or no emotion when players make mistakes...thats done during the week and in team and position meetings..not on a sideline in front of millions via a TV audience..For instance during he Seattle game I saw David Harris react too slow and get walled off and aanother take on a block with the wrong shoulder..Harris's fault right...Favre under throws Clowney badly..good call.. bad execution..Sometimes its the players and sometime its the coaches..To blame it all on the CS is incorrect.

[QUOTE=Vilma;2929235]Everyone complaining about Mangnini's lack of emotion, look at BB, he never shows any emotion, on the sidelines or in his pressers.

Marty Lyons was saying last night that if you think he is emotionless in the locker room behind closed doors, its just the opposite.

No one has these kind of expectations for this year. Yes after 8-3 and the fail that took place the last 4 games, I think the players deserve a lot of the blame and not Eric.

Just sayin.....[/QUOTE]

Eric Mangini is no Bill Bellichek.

Sitting at the same lunch table as greatness does not, in fact, make one great.

It takes more than a shallow emulation of greatness to BE great yourself.

And Eric Mangini is no Bill Bellichek.

Just sayin.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2929245]I've seen Belichick show emotion on the sidelines... he gets angry, [B]he gets in the faces of his defensive unit[/B] and coaches them, and he definitely shows some kind of expression.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Last week when the Pats were up 44-0, the defense gave up 3 straight 1st downs and when they came off the field BB was in their faces screaming at them for missed assignments.

All League
    Its not just EMOTION....how about coaching? How about gathering his secondary together during a game where they look totally confused and are getting torched and, you know, COACHING THEM? That was supposed to be his SPECIALTY, right?

He is not just emotionless, its his total detachment thats mind-numbingly irritating.

BB has EARNED the right to be a prick. Mangini is just a wanna-be