Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I will be home

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be home

I sold my tickets. I didnt ask if they were Jets fans (really, would Jets fans be buying tickets to this game??), I dont really care. I will be home with the family, maybe get a fire going, watch it on tv. I will be there with my whole family,

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/jetscheer.jpg[/IMG]

not just the one I have the 2nd ticket for, because 2 is all that I can afford.

I will not go to Shop-Rite and spend money on food for the tailgate. No loading up the truck with my Jets canopy, Jets chairs, tables, and grill, no bin with all the tailgate essentials, plates, tablecloths, all that.

I wont be bothered with making sure I get to the game early so that I can get my favorite spot along the blue fence in 17E.

No getting searched by security guards for me this week.

No buying a $4.75 bottle of soda and having the vender remove abd keep the cap, thus ensuring my 7 year old will spill it in less than 5 minutes.

I wont be there for the National Anthem, making sure my son learns to remove his cap and place it over his heart.

And most importantly, I wont be there to watch this joke of a product that has annoyed and frustrated me every single year since 1977. If my Father had not answered that newspaper add that announced Jets season tickets were available back then, today I would still be a pretty content Pittsburgh Steeler fan.

Thats ok, Dad, the time we have spent together at these games has been more important than a winning team. And the thrills I got as a kid, even as an adult, meeting alot of these Jets over the years is something I will never forget.

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/scan0012.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/MeJimmyandChad.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/scan0010-1.jpg[/IMG]

Its my son, he's the one I have to apoligize to. 7 years old, went to his first pre-season game at 6 months, been going with me regulary since he was 5, even works the grill....he's the one who got screwed, a Jet fan because of me, I'm sorry buddy.

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/scan0013-3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p200/stewdawg68/scan-1.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by jetswin; 12-23-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: safety first!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be missed up in the 300s. Hope the game is enjoyable wherever you watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there such a thing as losing with honor??? maybe in certain aspects in life but definitly not in the nfl...... teach your son what matters in life and he will understand why he is a jet fan at heart...... because through all of this we still hold our heads up high and we fight until there is no fight left in us... god bless you and all the jet families this holiday year!!!!!
    Last edited by neevsmazda07; 12-23-2008 at 03:40 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, whatever floats your boat.

But you know deep down that you are going to REGRET it when the Pats lose to the Bills and we are playing for the division. With all of the doom and gloom going around the boards this week, people forget that there is a possibility of a division championship with a GB 2002 type of atmosphere.

Of course, there's always the possibility of disappointment as well. But never say never. The Jets always seem to do best when they are down and everyone is counting them out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics Stewdawg. I don't blame you for selling your tickets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stewdog - great pic of Scott Frost (Go 'Huskers Beat Clemson!):yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good for you my man

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So....who's the curly redhead in the middle?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I fear that this will be the angriest Meadowlands crowd in recent history, on Sunday.

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2929950]I fear that this will be the angriest Meadowlands crowd in recent history, on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Can't wait to be a part of it!!!

[IMG]http://www.chinaexpat.com/files/u659/ColumbiaSoccerRiot456.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2929950]I fear that this will be the angriest Meadowlands crowd in recent history, on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I think so too... This has all the makings of a legendary "Fire Eric" chant... or a legendary Jets making the playoffs against all odds.

Either way, I'm not missing something this amusing.

Other predicitions:

If the NE/Buff game is close early... "LETS GO BUFFALO"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2929968]I think so too... This has all the makings of a legendary "Fire Eric" chant... or a legendary Jets making the playoffs against all odds.

Either way, I'm not missing something this amusing.

Other predicitions:

[B]If the NE/Buff game is close early... "LETS GO BUFFALO"[/B][/QUOTE]

Love it. I'll be leading that chant.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2929948]So....who's the curly redhead in the middle?[/QUOTE]

thats lil sis (married with 2 kids lil sis), she posts here too...another fan of the Jets because of Pop's actions so many years ago....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are in public service or simply for recreation?
    Last edited by jetswin; 12-23-2008 at 04:32 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha, public service bro. You NEVER know.
    Last edited by jetswin; 12-23-2008 at 04:32 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stewdawg;2930010]thats lil sis (married with 2 kids lil sis), she posts here too...another fan of the Jets because of Pop's actions so many years ago....[/QUOTE]

:D Shes cute, kids or not.

You got a good looking Jets Family there Stew. Have faith, one day our perserverance will be rewarded.

Holy hell, did I just say that?:eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Stewdawg;2930019]hahaha, public service bro. You NEVER know.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. My uncle is also a season ticket holder (now living in Houston, but still has the tickets) and he always packed his heat to games. He was with the DEA and now he's with Homeland Security. God bless ya.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;2929925]Stewdog - great pic of Scott Frost (Go 'Huskers Beat Clemson!):yes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks PB, I will be there, leaving Tuesday nite, looking forward to it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2929948]So....who's the curly redhead in the middle?[/QUOTE]

You dirty dog you!

:cool:;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't blame you one bit Jim and was thinking of you & your family last week as I was decorating my little NY Jets tree with the ornaments you gave me for Christmas. How sad & upsetting that a die hard fan and loyal family like yours is throwing in the towel.

Merry Christmas guys and have a frosty cold, one on me in front of the toasty fireplace and big screen TV. ;) I'll be out at Troop 16H, maybe for the last time & honoring my commitment to my fellow tailgaters and the Pat Tillman Foundation.