Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I will be home

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mathis81;2930788]Dude, does it really matter what happens Sunday? We have seen the playoffs before, same story...[/QUOTE]

Maybe the team recaptures the magic we saw against Tennessee? This time last year no one had any faith in the Giants doing anything significant in the playoffs, and then something clicked in the final regular season game against the Pats. Momentum can change as fast as the flick of a switch.

What's the point of being a fan if you are always going to expect the worst? The truth is we suck right now, but things can change very quickly in the NFL. Stranger things have happened.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=parafly;2931020]Maybe the team recaptures the magic we saw against Tennessee? This time last year no one had any faith in the Giants doing anything significant in the playoffs, and then something clicked in the final regular season game against the Pats. Momentum can change as fast as the flick of a switch.

What's the point of being a fan if you are always going to expect the worst? The truth is we suck right now, but things can change very quickly in the NFL. Stranger things have happened.[/QUOTE]

Its always darkest before the dawn?

You have a point.

They have achieved a very high level of fan alienation as evidenced by all the threads from disgusted season ticket holders...its time to turn it on!

lol, would not surprise me at all to see them play-off bound.

All League
    [QUOTE=parafly;2931020]Maybe the team recaptures the magic we saw against Tennessee? This time last year no one had any faith in the Giants doing anything significant in the playoffs, and then something clicked in the final regular season game against the Pats. Momentum can change as fast as the flick of a switch.

What's the point of being a fan if you are always going to expect the worst? The truth is we suck right now, but things can change very quickly in the NFL. Stranger things have happened.[/QUOTE]

Parafly, love the team spirit.

But momentum and ability TO WIN are 2 different things. Is momentum going to get the WR's separation? Is it going to make Jenkins play like he is not the exhausted 400 pounder that he is now? Is it going to shore up the DB's?

No, it wont.

This team has given you ZERO hope that it is about to go on a run here. Since that "magic" against the Titans, the Jets have, in reality, lost 4 straight games (The Bills game was a miracle, imagine how pointless Sunday would be if it had turned out the way it SHOULD have)

I have been a fan, for more than 30 years. Many on this board have been fans even longer. We have seen it so many times, the constant, year after year letdowns.

Maybe when the Jets, some year, have a solid young QB(Maybe even 1 that they have drafted on their own), and a line to go with him, and a decent secondary, and a rush defense, all at the same time, and some coaches that know what they are doing on the sidelines, I will get the juice back, have the energy again.

But right now, I just cant see it happening, I have taken too many right hooks, I am staggered in the corner, just trying to make it thru the last round.

Until then, I DO expect the worst, for I have known NOTHING ELSE...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Stewdawg;2931064]Parafly, love the team spirit.

But momentum and ability TO WIN are 2 different things. Is momentum going to get the WR's separation? Is it going to make Jenkins play like he is not the exhausted 400 pounder that he is now? Is it going to shore up the DB's?

No, it wont.

This team has given you ZERO hope that it is about to go on a run here. Since that "magic" against the Titans, the Jets have, in reality, lost 4 straight games (The Bills game was a miracle, imagine how pointless Sunday would be if it had turned out the way it SHOULD have)

I have been a fan, for more than 30 years. Many on this board have been fans even longer. We have seen it so many times, the constant, year after year letdowns.

Maybe when the Jets, some year, have a solid young QB(Maybe even 1 that they have drafted on their own), and a line to go with him, and a decent secondary, and a rush defense, all at the same time, and some coaches that know what they are doing on the sidelines, I will get the juice back, have the energy again.

But right now, I just cant see it happening, I have taken too many right hooks, I am staggered in the corner, just trying to make it thru the last round.

Until then, I DO expect the worst, for I have known NOTHING ELSE...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I bet I would feel exactly the same way you and others do if I was old enough to suffer through 30+ years of ineptitude.

But I'm not ready to give up on the Jets just yet. I know that it's all just wishful thinking, and I know that I am probably setting myself up for disappointment. But I'm going to stay positive, go to the game fired up, and hope for the best.

This could be Mangini's last game as Jets Head Coach. This could be Brett Favre's last game ever played. Or this could be the start of a special run deep into the playoffs. I've seen what this team is capable of, and I'm not going to give up until it's officially over. I owe it to myself to stay positive because that's the best way to live life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Stewdawg;2930806]JJ, might not be a place for women and children...[/quote]I'm not worried about the fans or the tailgate, but yeah, the game itself could get plenty ugly.

Immediately after the Seahawks game, the first thing I said was "there is no way I am wasting my time going to this game Sunday." But after calming down, I realized that I can't in good conscience not go to the game when I know they will still be alive for a playoff spot no matter what the outcome of the Bills-Patriots game is at 1.. I'm not going with any expectations of miracle division titles or even a wild card 6 seed, but the Jets fan deep down within me will not allow me to slack off and not support them at this game even though I am more disgusted with them than I have ever been.. Just my two cents, but I don't begrudge anybody that decides to make a statement and not go..

All League
    Flying up on Friday and hopeing for the best.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931143]Flying up on Friday and hopeing for the best.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! They should put you in a suite for your trouble.

All League
    [QUOTE=Stewdawg;2931541]WOW!!! They should put you in a suite for your trouble.[/QUOTE]

Staying with family. last time in the stadium. Will be giving up season tix due to $20,000 PSL

[QUOTE=Min81;2931131]Immediately after the Seahawks game, the first thing I said was "there is no way I am wasting my time going to this game Sunday." But after calming down, I realized that I can't in good conscience not go to the game when I know they will still be alive for a playoff spot no matter what the outcome of the Bills-Patriots game is at 1.. I'm not going with any expectations of miracle division titles or even a wild card 6 seed, but the Jets fan deep down within me will not allow me to slack off and not support them at this game even though I am more disgusted with them than I have ever been.. Just my two cents, but I don't begrudge anybody that decides to make a statement and not go..[/QUOTE] Stage 3: Denial

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931548]Staying with family. last time in the stadium. Will be giving up season tix due to $20,000 PSL[/QUOTE]

You do KNOW that you will have priority to move up to the top tier and have NO PSL.

All League
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2931561]You do KNOW that you will have priority to move up to the top tier and have NO PSL.[/QUOTE]

Yes but after 50 yard line seats at Shea and 40 yard line seats at the Meadowlands its a no bainer. $80,000 puts a very nice media room on a house and will have money left over for a Hot Dog machine and Beer dispenser.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=lorwood;2931558]Stage 3: Denial[/QUOTE]

They have a name for that?? My life is nothing but Stage 3 Denial?

DEAR STEW: You have a wonderful family that has supported this team; I wish them the best and a Merry Christmas. Wherever you guys spend Sunday.

:jets17

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote=Bocajetfan68;2931578]Yes but after 50 yard line seats at Shea and 40 yard line seats at the Meadowlands its a no bainer. $80,000 puts a very nice media room on a house and will have money left over for a Hot Dog machine and Beer dispenser.[/quote]

EXACTLY! I'm with you on that one Boca. I have been sitting in field level seats for the past seven seasons which of course kicks me to the back of the line compared to most season ticket holders, but now all of a sudden I have to move up 2 the nose bleeders or cough up $40,000 plus ticket and parking pass cash in 2010?

Sorry, can't afford it, take my tickets back and thanks for the memories.

Merry Christmas Everyone, enjoy. :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Limolady;2931613]EXACTLY! I'm with you on that one Boca. I have been sitting in field level seats for the past seven seasons which of course kicks me to the back of the line compared to most season ticket holders, but now all of a sudden I have to move up 2 the nose bleeders or cough up $40,000 plus ticket and parking pass cash in 2010?

Sorry, can't afford it, take my tickets back and thanks for the memories.

Merry Christmas Everyone, enjoy. :cool:[/QUOTE]
    Field level blows!

All League
    [QUOTE=SBIII;2931630]Field level blows![/QUOTE]

Guess we are just spoiled:D

Undrafted Free Agent
    I will be flying home to visit my mom. I am going to the game to see my cousins, but I will be staying in the Winnebago with my wife drinking wine. I can't bear to watch Chad light us up!:steamin: