Thread: Is delgado a Met in 09?

All Pro

Is delgado a Met in 09?

in october i thought for sure, he carried the team on his back for atleast 2 months, bounced back and seemed to be a new player once Willie was gone

before the winter meetings, i thought he was a goner, he is relativly cheap, Mets could maximize his value

now im not so sure either way, their is noone lined up to take his place. But then again i wouldnt be surprised to see him traded

Me personally, i want him here next year and think he will be here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    in october i thought for sure, he carried the team on his back for atleast 2 months, bounced back and seemed to be a new player once Willie was gone

before the winter meetings, i thought he was a goner, he is relativly cheap, Mets could maximize his value

now im not so sure either way, their is noone lined up to take his place. But then again i wouldnt be surprised to see him traded

Me personally, i want him here next year and think he will be here
    Why wouldn't he be? Mets picked up his option.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why wouldn't he be? Mets picked up his option.
    there was alot of "talk" that they might of picked it up to trade him, like the yanks did with sheffield

it was a 12 million dollar option or a 4 million dollar buyout, so the actual cost for them was 8 million.

if tex is worth 22 million and ibanez is worth 10 million, 12 million for delgado could be a good bargining chip