Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SI.com Truth & Rumors: Cowher on Jets' radar?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2931245]That is absolutely ridiculous.

How the hell are the Jets a "win now" team? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

well lets see.......our starting QB is 39 with no experienced backup, our feature back is 30, best DE is 32, we are the 6th oldest team in the league, we have 8 players over 30 (only Redskins have more). If we were to hire another unproven coach this team will long be past their prime in key positions. Thats why we need a coach that can come in here and run the team now, not someone to learn OJT

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2930977]You're forgetting a very important thing:

Brett Favre holds all of Woody's PSL cards.

If Brett won't play for Mangini but would play for an experienced, respected head coach, it's lights-out for Eric.

The PSL bills are ready to be sent. They're licking the envelopes on New Year's Day. If we're out of the playoffs, if the Fish make it in at our expense, and if it's clear that a 1-4 finale means that the players have quit on Eric, there won't be a Brinks truck big enough to hold all the money that Johnson will throw at Coach Cowher.

Favre + Cowher = A PSL Frenzy.

Clemens + Mangini = A Mountain of Debt.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

SAR, I know you're delusional, but do you really think Drive Killer Favre is going to be here next year?

Banned
    [QUOTE=jackhuntr;2931479]we are the 6th oldest team in the league, we have 8 players over 30 (only Redskins have more). [/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize that the Jets were so friggn' old. :eek:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2931486]SAR, I know you're delusional, but do you really think Drive Killer Favre is going to be here next year?[/QUOTE]

No. I thought all along that he was here for a year and would retire in February.

That said, he's owed a lot of money, and its completely up to him if he comes back next year or not.

And [I]you're [/I]delusionsal if you think that Woody's finished with the need for PSL publicity stunts. The PSL auction failed, and now is the time that they're going to start contacting the rest of us, asking us to pony up $40k per family to get decent seats? In this economy? With a team that collapsed? Not happening.

Like the Yankees, Woody is going to have to spend more to get the ROI he needs. Putting a product of Mangini + Clemens + Epic December Fail as his offering for all that PSL money will cost him hundreds of millions of dollars.

Do I think Cowher wants the Jets? No. But if Woody makes him the highest paid HC in NFL history and offers him a piece of the equity in the new stadium, he'll be here. Just like A Rod. Just like Favre. Just like Texiera.

SAR I

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;2931486]SAR, I know you're delusional, but do you really think Drive Killer Favre is going to be here next year?[/QUOTE]

You are such a tool; Favre gave all Jets fans a taste of what type of QB to chase in the future. I'll take Favre anyday over Chad, and I truly respect what Chaddy can do.

All League
    Chad has bi asked to play to his strength this season and has enjoyed the benefit a some more than favorable game conditions. Very few picks this year due to play calling that puts the progression of receivers from the middle of the field to the outside not vise versa.