Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Mangini's weight an issue?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Mangini's weight an issue?

How do u stay mentally sharp when you're a physical mess? How do you not stay in some semblance of shape when you're young, athletic, & your office is in a training facility? Wasn't Mangini a very good LB/DE in college?

I guarantee Mangini suffers from sleep apnea, so he's not getting quality sleep. Combine the stress of the job with that PLUS never working out AND eating like sh*t & you have a guy better suited to be flipping steaks in the parking lot than leading an NFL team onto the field.

Maybe we should call it the Charlie Weis Syndrome

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, no.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2931046]Wasn't Mangini a very good LB/DE in college?
    [/QUOTE]

He played for a DIII school...how good could he have possibly been? And I'm pretty sure he played DT.

That said, there are MUCH larger coaches in football.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be. He never seems spry, and looks spent. I agree

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2931049]Uh, no.[/QUOTE]

says the fat man?

Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

Post Thanks / Like
    I know one thing- he'd better have a good dentist with all that gum he chews during a game...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini's weight is an issue with me - i can't "weight" for him to be fired!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2931046]How do u stay mentally sharp when you're a physical mess? How do you not stay in some semblance of shape when you're young, athletic, & your office is in a training facility? Wasn't Mangini a very good LB/DE in college?

I guarantee Mangini suffers from sleep apnea, so he's not getting quality sleep. Combine the stress of the job with that PLUS never working out AND eating like sh*t & you have a guy better suited to be flipping steaks in the parking lot than leading an NFL team onto the field.

Maybe we should call it the Charlie Weis Syndrome[/QUOTE]

Stupidity at it's finest

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Foley1028;2931093]Stupidity at it's finest[/QUOTE]

another fat guy speaks...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Dr. House.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, its the weight. And Parcells with Charlie Weiss were a couple of bean poles.

The only way Mangini's weight is an issue is if a piece of fat broke off and lodged itself in his brain.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2931046]How do u stay mentally sharp when you're a physical mess? How do you not stay in some semblance of shape when you're young, athletic, & your office is in a training facility? Wasn't Mangini a very good LB/DE in college?

Maybe we should call it the Charlie Weis Syndrome[/QUOTE]

it cleary is, and the acne doesnt help either, I am also not too happy with his shoes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2931108]another fat guy speaks...[/QUOTE]

LOL

so anybody who thinks you're an idiot is fat... got it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but that was a good lol reading the thread title. Yes, fat people are just dumber I guess...:eek: did I say that? No no just kidding..lol for some reason.

EDIT Yes this thread is dumb...but kinda funny in a sorta mean way. Actually no. Not funny at all. Well...no, not funny. Love the big guys! No homo.
    Last edited by HessStation; 12-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;2931087]Mangini's weight is an issue with me - i can't "weight" for him to be fired!![/QUOTE]

That's a good one :funnyguy:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Bicker all you want...someone here did a fat Mangingni vs. skinny Mandingi comparison here before and the conclusions were startling.

Remember, we are all chemicals, some more than others, and Mangigngi's sugar levels could effect his coaching instincts if he smells food odors.

His brain says "go for it" meaning hot dog, and we have the ball on our own twenty on fourth down.....we have a Seattle scenario again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2931152]Bicker all you want...someone here did a fat Mangingni vs. skinny Mandingi comparison here before and the conclusions were startling.

Remember, we are all chemicals, some more than others, and Mangigngi's sugar levels could effect his coaching instincts if he smells food odors.

[B]His brain says "go for it" meaning hot dog, and we have the ball on our own twenty on fourth down.....we have a Seattle scenario again.[/B][/QUOTE]

that's pretty funny, 32

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2931152]Bicker all you want...someone here did a fat Mangingni vs. skinny Mandingi comparison here before and the conclusions were startling.

His brain says "go for it" meaning hot dog, and we have the ball on our own twenty on fourth down.....we have a Seattle scenario again.[/QUOTE]

So, we send a fruit basket at the 2 minute warning to make sure he avoids processed meat products?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Foley1028;2931127]LOL

so anybody who thinks you're an idiot is fat... got it.[/QUOTE]

For the record... I'm fat [I][B]and[/B][/I] think he's an idiot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsSpinner;2931164]So, we send a fruit basket at the 2 minute warning to make sure he avoids processed meat products?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: