Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangini - No Future ??

Mangini - No Future ??

It has been widely reported ( even before this season started) that many team officials around the league from other teams were not happy with Mangini b/c of spygate. The thinking being, if he did this to his old team what is to stop him from doing that to us. If he indeed does get canned I really believe he will have a tough time finding work for another team.......this guy could be in real trouble finding work if this all goes down like we think......perhaps he rushed into that $4m house a bit too soon ????

Banned
    [QUOTE=The Cooler King;2931499]It has been widely reported ( even before this season started) that many team officials around the league from other teams were not happy with Mangini b/c of spygate. The thinking being, if he did this to his old team what is to stop him from doing that to us. If he indeed does get canned I really believe he will have a tough time finding work for another team.......this guy could be in real trouble finding work if this all goes down like we think......perhaps he rushed into that $4m house a bit too soon ????[/QUOTE]

When Magini is fired, he will never get another HC position in the NFL.

Most teams hate rats.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2931501]When Magini is fired, he will never get another HC position in the NFL.

Most teams hate rats.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to the crew at Dunkins on Route 1. They are STILL very fond of him. (Big tipper when they got BBs order right.)

They tell me they have an opening on weeknights at the drive thru.

All Pro
    I think Bill Simmons claim that some day he'll be watching an obscure D3 college football playoff game only to see a certain fat gum-chewer prowling the sidelines sounds pretty accurate...

Think Eric will now listen too BB when he's giving out career advice? :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2931506]I was talking to the crew at Dunkins on Route 1. They are STILL very fond of him. (Big tipper when they got BBs order right.)

They tell me they have an opening on weeknights at the drive thru.[/QUOTE]

An opening????? Are you quitting????

Sorry, almost forgot. GFY!

I don't think he'll get a gig on another NFL team anytime soon. At least a few years. Most likely what'll happen with Mangini will be what happens with a ton of failed NFL coaches. He'll get on somewhere as an assistant in the college game and have to work his way back up again if he even wants to get back to the NFL. I can't imagine him succeeding at the college level as a HC, nothing about him points to being a capable recruiter, but I could definitely see someone bring him on as a defensive assistant (Notre Dame, Iowa...etc, anywhere there's a connection), and getting back into the pros as an assistant if he were up for it.

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;2931515]I think Bill Simmons claim that some day he'll be watching an obscure D3 college football playoff game only to see a certain fat gum-chewer prowling the sidelines sounds pretty accurate...[/QUOTE]

Joe Walton/ James Madison
    Eric Mangini/ Central Conn.
    Last edited by Bocajetfan68; 12-24-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Mangini has several problems.

1. He isn't well liked. Many view him as a rat. And even those who hate BB and was glad EM at what he did might not trust him.

2. He isn't all that successful.

3. He has almost no connection. What do failed HC do normally? They get a job working for their old HC or someone one that they were an assistant with who is now a HC. Belichick got rehired by Parcells after he got fired. Almost every job Eric has had is working for Belichick. Even when he was on Parcells staff he didn't report to Parcells he reported to Belichick. Almost everyone of EM's connections coach at the college rank, work for the Jets or work for NE.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2931501]When Magini is fired, he will never get another HC position in the NFL.

Most teams hate rats.[/QUOTE]

Mangini might be getting chewed up, but what he did was [I]nothing[/I] compared to outright cheating. He protected his house; most clear-minded people think this is a little more American than [I]stealing from your "friends[/I]", which will be Belichick's lasting tarnish.

[B][I][SIZE="7"]*[/SIZE][/I][/B]

He will resurface in Miami as a Defensive Assistant

Mangini will eventually find another coaching job. He'll have to build up his resume again though. There's been a lot of bad coaches who have been retreads, so someone will give him another chance. The fact that he's had 2 winning seasons in 3 years is also a positive for him going forward.

The NE fans are way off base. Mangini is the cat that baited and caught the rat known as bellicheat.:rolleyes::eek::yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2931671]He will resurface in Miami as a Defensive Assistant[/QUOTE]

Bingo

All League
    [QUOTE=penny2moss;2931686]Bingo[/QUOTE]

Yes the Seminole Gamming in Hollywood does have an opening for a Caller.

Veteran
    I am not saying anything with the following statement but....

I wonder what the Browns fans said about Belicheck when he was fired? What were the criticisms? Did anyone see his success coming?

Hall Of Fame
    Mangini was loyal to the franchise that was paying his salary despite the fact that he knew there would be efforts made by the Patriots block-ops department to smear him.

Not putting a stop to the cheating while continuing to accept a paycheck from his new franchise would have been the dirtbag move.

I think he comes out of that whole episode looking very good.

His coaching on the other hand is another question entirely.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931689]Yes the Seminole Gamming in Hollywood does have an opening for a Caller.[/QUOTE]

Dont Kid yourself.
    Parcells was and has been fond of Mangini. Prior to taking the Miami job, Big Bill was a source of advice for Mangini. Parcells also hates Bellichek. Couple that with having serious knowledge of 2 other division opponents, hiring Mangini as a defensive assistant is a no-brainer for Parcells

All League
    [QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2931690]I am not saying anything with the following statement but....

I wonder what the Browns fans said about Belicheck when he was fired? What were the criticisms? Did anyone see his success coming?[/QUOTE]

Maybe not to this extent but one thing I always liked about BB was his ability to change things up at Half-time. Cleveland is a tough place to make a call about a coach when a team is a frugal as they are, and that goes back to prior ownership.

One thing about Belichek in Cleveland that people tend to forget is he had [B]FIVE[/B] seasons. Not three. And except for one 11-5 season, he was sub-.500 in each of the other 4 seasons. He finished 36-44 while in Cleveland. He did worse than Mangidiot ..granted he did not have the same type of players.