Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could the Jets get Dick Lebeau as their DC?

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2931619]Read the article in SI this week.

When Tomlin accepted the HC position, the first thing he said was he was not going to change a thing with Lebeau and the Steeler defense.[/QUOTE]

So you mean he was good enough as a rookie HC to realize he had a good 34 D and there was no reason to impose his freggin will and scheme on a team that did not have the personel for said scheme and therefore not making the D inferior by change to aforementioned scheme?

Well obviously the case is compelling that Lebeau would stay in Pittsburgh.

So what about grabbing one of Lebeau's assistants?

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2931650]It's called specuation you idiot.

Are there ANY threads on this board right now that aren't pure speculation?

Lane Kiffin had a very respectable defense in Oakland lead by Rob Ryan. STILL he wanted to fire Rob Ryan in favor of his father and he would have if he hadn't been overruled by Al Davis.

Meanwhile, the ENTIRE football world SPECULATED that Rob Ryan would become the Jets DC......[/QUOTE]

100% correct and if Mangini is brought back Rex would have to be at the top of the list to replace Sutton. Not sure if thats the case with any other Mangini replacment than his brother Rob.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2931611]But what if Lebeau finds himself jobless assuming Tomlin wants to install his own 4-3 defense?

[B]You have to admit the mere thought sounds delectable[/B]...[/QUOTE]

No, the mere thought is moronic. Why would Tomlin mess with the best D in the league. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931659]100% correct and if Mangini is brought back Rex would have to be at the top of the list to replace Sutton. Not sure if thats the case with any other Mangini replacment than his brother Rob.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Rob's going to be an option unless we hire Rex. Rob's free to go where he wants this offseason, and I think Rex is a lock to get on simply due to the sheer number of HC vacancies there's going to be this season. He's put in his time and has a ton of interviewing experience after last offseason (at least 3, maybe 4, outside chance of 5 jobs this coming year). IMO they're going to be a package deal, with Rob as either an Assistant HC or DC where ever Rex winds up.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 12-24-2008 at 02:18 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2931688]I don't think Rob's going to be an option unless we hire Rex. Rob's free to go where he wants this offseason, and I think Rex is a lock to get on simply due to the sheer number of HC vacancies there's going to be this season. He's put in his time and has a ton of interviewing experience after last offseason (at least 3, maybe 4, outside chance of 5 jobs this coming year). IMO they're going to be a package deal, with Rob as either an Assistant HC or DC where ever Rex winds up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry got the two mixed-up.

[quote=Mainejet;2931623]I didn't know that.

But thanks for ruining my fantasy you TURD![/quote]

You forgot to add "dirty low life fairy trolling scumbag"..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mainejet;2931633]That would also serve the Jets quite well as they would probably get to KEEP Tannenbaum as the GM.

Rex would also likely hire ROB as his DC.

I really like that idea as well........[/QUOTE]

No way he hires his brother as DC. Its too risky

All League
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2931704]No way he hires his brother as DC. Its too risky[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it is. Both seem to have the same aggressive philosophy for their defenses. Not sure what type of relationship they have, but from a philosophy stand point I see it working.

[QUOTE=Bocajetfan68;2931709]Not sure if it is. Both seem to have the same aggressive philosophy for their defenses. Not sure what type of relationship they have, but from a philosophy stand point I see it working.[/QUOTE]

Rob Ryan has done an awful job as DC of the Raiders. Granted that team is dysfunctional. But he does have some decent players on D to work with. If he sucks as DC would Rex be willing to fire his own brother?? Hiring family in high positions is always bad news. People will accuse you of nepotism.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2931704]No way he hires his brother as DC. Its too risky[/QUOTE]

What in the world is so risky about that?

All League
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2931715]Rob Ryan has done an awful job as DC of the Raiders. Granted that team is dysfunctional. But he does have some decent players on D to work with. If he sucks as DC would Rex be willing to fire his own brother?? Hiring family in high positions is always bad news. People will accuse you of nepotism.[/QUOTE]
    Last season to my recollection Rob was highly regarded for the play of Oaklands D in a feudal season also the season prior. Jets were not the only team interested in his services when it appeared he would be let go by Kiffen. I believe he is highly regarded around the league and as for this year what has not blown up in Al's face. I can not put all the blame on Ryan the entire team has tanked under the pressure of the owner.

+1 for Rex Ryan

This way we can keep Tanny on board as GM and keep the 3-4 as well. Heck maybe gholston turns into a monster when he is told to quit worrying about the stupid gaps and just lay out the QB... hey a man is allowed to dream right?:D

HC: Rex Ryan
    DC: Rob Ryan (or someone else not a huge issue since Rex will definitely put his stamp on the D)
    OC: Bill Callahan

Sounds good right?