Thread: New York's New Senator: Mayor Byron Brown Of Buffalo!

New York's New Senator: Mayor Byron Brown Of Buffalo!

That's the political chatter here in the state capital.

[url]http://www.ci.buffalo.ny.us/Home/Leadership/Mayor[/url]

Queens, New York native Mayor Byron Brown took the Oath of Office as the 58th Mayor of Buffalo, New York on December 31, 2005.

Elected Mayor with over 60 percent of the vote in the November 2005 General Election, Mayor Brown came into office emphasizing greater accountability and efficiency in City Hall, improving the quality of life for all city residents and a commitment to strengthening and expanding the city’s economic development activities.

Since taking office, Mayor Brown has followed those three guiding principles by launching a Zero Tolerance Law Enforcement initiative targeting quality of life crimes, along with other criminal activity in the city; implemented the management accountability tracking CitiStat Buffalo program, which monitors city departments’ service delivery activities on a weekly basis; and reconfigured the city’s economic development activities by creating the Department of Economic Development, Permit and Inspection Services, a change that has provided greater coordination and cooperation in all development activities taking place in the City of Buffalo.

Byron Brown graduated from August Martin High School in Queens and Buffalo State College.

He's a Mets and Knicks fan. I doubt he's a Bills fan.

:jets_helm

He's better than Caroline K. She's only interested in using her name to get a Senate seat for her ego trip.

She's rarely voted in past elections, and tho worth 100mill, only $1K is known to have been given to anyone running for office! Now she wants the 'rats to support her? Is the Brooklyn bridge still for sale? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]This decade, other than a $1,000 donation to City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, the Camelot heiress has not financially supported any Democrat seeking city or state office in New York, records reveal.

Some say Kennedy, who is worth at least $100 million, missed an opportunity to curry favor among Democratic pols to establish herself as a serious political player as she lobbies Gov. Paterson for Hillary Clinton's Senate seat.

She has already been asked to explain a spotty Election Day voting record over the past 20 years.

"Voting is the minimum thing that you can do, and she hasn't done that. The next thing you can do is you could donate money, and she hasn't done that," said Doug Muzzio, professor of public affairs at Baruch College.

"It calls into question her commitment to politics and to government." [/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/12/25/2008-12-25_lack_of_donations_to_city_state_dems_may.html]more[/url]

[U]Caroline Kennedy NY1 Interview Summary[/U]:

"Well, I, um, you know, my family and my um, I'm a mother, I wrote, um, three, uh, books and I'm uh, an attorney. I think that I can represent, uh, you know, New York in the uh, Senate, uh, just as good as any other, uh, candidate."

Listening to Caroline Kennedy talk about how she was 'dismayed' about her own personal voting record was embarrassing to listen to. She leads a sheltered life for a reason - she's as interesting and intellectual as a fence-post.

I feel bad for Gov. Paterson because he's going to have to tell Airhead Kennedy that she didn't get the job!

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2933694][U]Caroline Kennedy NY1 Interview Summary[/U]:

"Well, I, um, you know, my family and my um, I'm a mother, I wrote, um, three, uh, books and I'm uh, an attorney. I think that I can represent, uh, you know, New York in the uh, Senate, uh, just as good as any other, uh, candidate."

Listening to Caroline Kennedy talk about how she was 'dismayed' about her own personal voting record was embarrassing to listen to. She leads a sheltered life for a reason - she's as interesting and intellectual as a fence-post.

I feel bad for Gov. Paterson because he's going to have to tell Airhead Kennedy that she didn't get the job!

:jets_helm[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, he could just say, "I don't believe women should be in politics!" :rofl:

[U]NY1 Caroline Kennedy Post-Interview Analysts[/U]:

Clyde Haberman - NY Times
    Ben Smith - Politico
    Wayne Barrett - The Village Voice
    Bob Hardt - NY1 Political Director

The only person who was impressed with Kennedy was Bob Hardt of NY1. And that's probably only because he wants as many viewers as possible seeing Kennedy NY1 interviews.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2933694]"Well, I, um, you know, my family and my um, I'm a mother, I wrote, um, three, uh, books and I'm uh, an attorney. I think that I can represent, uh, you know, New York in the uh, Senate, uh, just as good as any other, uh, candidate."...she's as interesting and intellectual as a fence-post.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...

Man, this all seems so vaguely familiar...you betcha.

I like the idea of a Kennedy taking back Bobby Kennedy's seat, but Carolina is not qualified in the least bit.