Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel attacks on Gaza kill 200 +

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I make one request (& perhaps the MOD's will be so inclined to enforce it)...can we refrain from showing pictures of blown up babies on this or any thread? I find it extremely disturbing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2944957]Can I make one request (& perhaps the MOD's will be so inclined to enforce it)...can we refrain from showing pictures of blown up babies on this or any thread? I find it extremely disturbing.[/QUOTE]

I don't see such pics in this thread, so I assume whomeever posted them removed them already, but I agree. Pictures of actual dead babies is a bit more than I think appropriate.

Please do not make me delete things. Use some tact, and some judgement.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2944928]:rolleyes:

Yes, those damn likudniks like Ariel Sharon, whose devious plan was to [B]forcibly remove settlers from Gaza and hand it to the Palestinians unilaterally[/B], knowing that the only possible response from the Palestinians would be to attack Israel giving Israel the excuse to take it back (which, of course, they aren't doing). You are a clown, Kenny, and anyone with a basic knowledge of even recent history can see that.[/QUOTE]

Hold, please! It took me all night to stop laughing from this shear stupidity and boldface lie.

The audacity of those Gazans to expect illegal settlers from leaving their land. How dare they:rolleyes:

And to say Sharon handed Gaza to the Palestinians unilaterally is a lie. Israel never left Gaza.They continued to occupy and control Gaza's airspace and ports and control all entrances and exits. That is not giving Gaza to the Palestinians . Get a clue!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=kennyo7;2945449]Hold, please! It took me all night to stop laughing from this shear stupidity and boldface lie.

[B]The audacity of those Gazans to expect illegal settlers from leaving their land. How dare they:rolleyes:
    [/B]
    And to say Sharon handed Gaza to the Palestinians unilaterally is a lie. Israel never left Gaza.They continued to occupy and control Gaza's airspace and ports and control all entrances and exits. That is not giving Gaza to the Palestinians . Get a clue![/quote]

I guess you only like to quote UN Resolution 242 for what it requires from Israel, not for what it requires from the Palestinians, huh? (oh yes, we've already established over past threads that you don't care whether the Palestinians breach their obligations, since "the Israelis were going to do it anyway" :rolleyes:)

Land for peace, Kenny. Which means that Israel had absolutely no obligation to pull anyone out of Gaza without receiving a reciprocal promise of peace from the Palestinians. Yet Israel did it anyway. And the Palestinian response was a well-nigh unceasing barrage of rockets into pre-'67 Israel, aimed at civilian towns (and unlike your fantasy about Gaza's population density, I assume you admit that Israel's towns are clearly non-military targets?).

Of course in your mind, that's ok - just like deliberately killing civilians, women and children is ok (as long as it's Israeli ones). Because "palestinian suffering" excuses whatever they do. Which opinion is why nobody with any sense pays attention to you on this issue

Seriously, Kenny, just stop embarassing yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2944957]Can I make one request (& perhaps the MOD's will be so inclined to enforce it)...can we refrain from showing pictures of blown up babies on this or any thread? I find it extremely disturbing.[/QUOTE]

here's a thought if you can't handle pictures of blown up babies maybe you shouldn't be pro-war in every situation

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2946115]here's a thought if you can't handle pictures of blown up babies maybe you shouldn't be pro-war in every situation[/QUOTE]

C'mon, Bit. Babies don't die in wars. Everyone knows that...besides, if they do...it's most likely the bad guys fault.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2946213]C'mon, Bit. Babies don't die in wars. Everyone knows that...besides, if they do...it's most likely the bad guys fault.[/QUOTE]

maybe only bad babies die in wars, not good ones

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2945741]I guess you only like to quote UN Resolution 242 for what it requires from Israel, not for what it requires from the Palestinians, huh? (oh yes, we've already established over past threads that you don't care whether the Palestinians breach their obligations, since "the Israelis were going to do it anyway" :rolleyes:)

Land for peace, Kenny. Which means that Israel had absolutely no obligation to pull anyone out of Gaza without receiving a reciprocal promise of peace from the Palestinians. Yet Israel did it anyway. And the Palestinian response was a well-nigh unceasing barrage of rockets into pre-'67 Israel, aimed at civilian towns (and unlike your fantasy about Gaza's population density, I assume you admit that Israel's towns are clearly non-military targets?).

Of course in your mind, that's ok - just like deliberately killing civilians, women and children is ok (as long as it's Israeli ones). Because "palestinian suffering" excuses whatever they do. Which opinion is why nobody with any sense pays attention to you on this issue

Seriously, Kenny, just stop embarassing yourself.[/QUOTE]

Embarassing my self?? Ha Ha!!
    Land for Peace i get it real well. But you dont. Peace will be achieved when land is exchanged. The land was never exchanged. Control a nations airspace, ports and every entry point into and out of a nation the Israel was doing is not an exchange of land. Its a sham.

Actually most people in the world agree with me on this issue. Including quite a few Israelis. Likudi scum like yourself and the AIPAC bribed/blackmailed politicians and media in this country are the exception to universal opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=kennyo7;2946974]Embarassing my self?? Ha Ha!!
    Land for Peace i get it real well. But you dont. Peace will be achieved when land is exchanged. The land was never exchanged. Control a nations airspace, ports and every entry point into and out of a nation the Israel was doing is not an exchange of land. Its a sham.

Actually most people in the world agree with me on this issue. Including quite a few Israelis. [B]Likudi scum like yourself [/B]and the AIPAC bribed/blackmailed politicians and media in this country are the exception to universal opinion.[/quote]

Wow, a personal attack from Kenny when the debate isn't going his way? I'm shocked :rolleyes:

Yes, yes, Kenny. You're right, of course. Giving the Palestinians control over every inch of Gaza . . . removing every Israeli citizen and soldier . . . leaving behind millions of dollars in equipment and infrastructure . . . that wasn't giving the Palestinians land at all, and the Palestinians had no obligation to do anything but keep lobbing rockets at civilian towns inside the green line :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2947031]Wow, a personal attack from Kenny when the debate isn't going his way? I'm shocked :rolleyes:

Yes, yes, Kenny. You're right, of course. Giving the Palestinians control over every inch of Gaza . . . removing every Israeli citizen and soldier . . . leaving behind millions of dollars in equipment and infrastructure . . . that wasn't giving the Palestinians land at all, and the Palestinians had no obligation to do anything but keep lobbing rockets at civilian towns inside the green line :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Its not a personal attack at all. Its the truth . You are faithful follower of the Likud party , are you not??

Nice. You still cant see why Israel did not in fact turn over Gaza to the Palestinians. Let me give you a comparison that maybe you will understand as to what the charitable Israel did.

Suppose your next door neighbor tells you one day that he is moving onto your property and will build a house fore his family there. You resist but ultimately he has more power and forces you and your family to live in a shed while he takes over your home. You throw rocks at him, slash his tires, threaten his welfare but ultimately you cant get anything your way. Then he tells you fine, im going to give you your home back. You will have access to every room in the house, but I will controll the hallways and all enterences/exits to the house. Over the years he harrasses you, keeping you from leaving the house to go to work, ultimately costing you your job. He blocks you from bringing groceries into the house. Your kids are malnoutritioned. You want to go watch tv but he wont let you go from the bedroom to the tv room. Some days he blocks you from going to the bathroom and you soil your bedroom. But hey, he gave you your house back, right?? Would anyone blaim you from fighting back, even using violent means against such a tyrant?? No one who is sane would. Israel is that tyrant and that is exactly what they do to the Palestinians. When they say they are giving land back, they are doing exactly the same thing as i described.
    Thats why the entire world (minus the USA and Radical Israeli Right) agrees with me. Why do you chose to continue to support such oppression?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2939776]I ask this question because I really, honestly, do not know the answer: Can peace ever be attainable between Israelis and Palestinians? And if so, how do they achieve that peace? What's the solution?[/QUOTE]

Not as long as the ragheads' bottom line is, "eliminate Israel."

Israel's bottom line is survival on their land. The rags refuse to accept that so war is inevitable. So the only solution is that one side has to beat the crap out of the other so they have no more will to fight!

Israel could do that easily, but they're trying to be civilized by attempting to only target Hamas to mollify the leftist do-gooders in the world.

But, someday peace will come to this area when the true Messiah comes and rules the entire earth...peace for 1000yrs. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=kennyo7;2947121]Its not a personal attack at all. Its the truth . You are faithful follower of the Likud party , are you not??[/quote]

First of all, no, I'm not (something I've repeatedly explained to you, so stop playing innocent). Second, even if I was, I fail to understand how even you can consider calling me 'scum' "not a personal attack at all". Then again, it pretty much jibes with the validity of your other views throughout this thread, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

[quote]Nice. You still cant see why Israel did not in fact turn over Gaza to the Palestinians. Let me give you a comparison that maybe you will understand as to what the charitable Israel did.

Suppose your next door neighbor tells you one day that he is moving onto your property and will build a house fore his family there. You resist but ultimately he has more power and forces you and your family to live in a shed while he takes over your home. You throw rocks at him, slash his tires, threaten his welfare but ultimately you cant get anything your way. Then he tells you fine, im going to give you your home back. You will have access to every room in the house, but I will controll the hallways and all enterences/exits to the house. Over the years he harrasses you, keeping you from leaving the house to go to work, ultimately costing you your job. He blocks you from bringing groceries into the house. Your kids are malnoutritioned. You want to go watch tv but he wont let you go from the bedroom to the tv room. Some days he blocks you from going to the bathroom and you soil your bedroom. But hey, he gave you your house back, right?? Would anyone blaim you from fighting back, even using violent means against such a tyrant?? No one who is sane would. Israel is that tyrant and that is exactly what they do to the Palestinians. When they say they are giving land back, they are doing exactly the same thing as i described.
    Thats why the entire world (minus the USA and Radical Israeli Right) agrees with me. Why do you chose to continue to support such oppression?[/quote]

Congrats on a slanted and unrealistic analogy (wrong on so many levels its hard to know where to begin). Aside from which, the entire world is pretty much united in condemning Hamas, denying them aid and blaming the Palestinians for taking the opportunity to demonstrate that further concessions and "confidence building measures" would be a good idea and turning it into an object lesson in why they would not.

BTW - you are aware, aren't you, that in the first 20 years of "brutal Israeli occupation" the Palestinians had private consumption per capita that increased an average of 5% per year; that by 1986 95% of gaza households outside of refugee camps (which Israel was not allowed to replace with permanent housing) had running water and 100% had electricity (as opposed to 3 and 14% in 1974); that the percentage of Palestinians with at least 9 years of education rose dramatically (over 100% improvement in the West Bank and about 90% in Gaza); that as of 1993 Palestinian income per capita was higher than the income of Egypt or Jordan (from whom Israel captured Gaza and the West Bank in 1967). [url]http://www.house.gov/jec/hearings/israel/einhorn.htm[/url] Yep, clearly the occupation drove the Palestinians to poverty, hopelessness and violence :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2947173]First of all, no, I'm not (something I've repeatedly explained to you, so stop playing innocent). Second, even if I was, I fail to understand how even you can consider calling me 'scum' "not a personal attack at all". Then again, it pretty much jibes with the validity of your other views throughout this thread, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Congrats on a slanted and unrealistic analogy (wrong on so many levels its hard to know where to begin). Aside from which, the entire world is pretty much united in condemning Hamas, denying them aid and blaming the Palestinians for taking the opportunity to demonstrate that further concessions and "confidence building measures" would be a good idea and turning it into an object lesson in why they would not.

BTW - you are aware, aren't you, that in the first 20 years of "brutal Israeli occupation" the Palestinians had private consumption per capita that increased an average of 5% per year; that by 1986 95% of gaza households outside of refugee camps (which Israel was not allowed to replace with permanent housing) had running water and 100% had electricity (as opposed to 3 and 14% in 1974); that the percentage of Palestinians with at least 9 years of education rose dramatically (over 100% improvement in the West Bank and about 90% in Gaza); that as of 1993 Palestinian income per capita was higher than the income of Egypt or Jordan (from whom Israel captured Gaza and the West Bank in 1967). [url]http://www.house.gov/jec/hearings/israel/einhorn.htm[/url] Yep, clearly the occupation drove the Palestinians to poverty, hopelessness and violence :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The analogy is neither slanted nor unrealistic and thats why you simply dont get it. The fact that Hamas in universally condemned does not change that the world universally condemns Israels inhumane treatment of the Palestinians. I dont support Hamas and I think they are hurting the cause of the Palestinians. At the same time it is Israels actions against the Palestinians that radicalizes them and makes Hamas so attractive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where does SACKDANCE come out on all this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jayjay;2947270]Where does SACKDANCE come out on all this?[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask.

He thinks that Jews will "split hell open" when they are cast into the fiery depths to suffer an eternal torment for their sins. But it's OK because he thinks that Muslims will too. And Hindus. And Buddhists. And Mormons. And Rastafarians. And Scientologists. And Jehovah's Witnesses. And Jainists. And Shintoists. And Unitarians. And Lutherans. And Klingons. Catholics. And Sihkists. And Taoists. And Satanists[SIZE="1"](especially Satanists)[/SIZE]. And Secularists. And Zoroastrianists. And Confucianists. And Druids. And Wiccans. And Atheists. And Agnostics. And Protestants. And Methodists. And Mayans. And Anglicans. And Baptists. And Adventists. And the Amish. And Quakers. And Universalists. And the Sandpeople. And the Hari Krishnas. And Pats fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2940711]
    These are two sworn enemies that will never fully accept eachother's existence.[/QUOTE]

When has Israel said they want to wipe the Palestinians off the map?

Around 20% of Israel's population are Arabs or Palestinians.

It's the Palestinians, specifically Hamas and other fundamentalist muslims, that won't accept the "others" existence!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2947313]When has Israel said they want to wipe the Palestinians off the map?
    [B]
    Early Zionist Terrorists like Ben Gurion and Mech Begin not only said it, but they led a terror campaign to make it happen . They called it a "policy of tranfer".[/B]

Around 20% of Israel's population are Arabs or Palestinians.
    [B]
    And they are forced to live in slums and dont have equal rights to Jewish Israelis.[/B]
    It's the Palestinians, specifically Hamas and other fundamentalist muslims, that won't accept the "others" existence!
    [B]
    Not true. Most Palestinians recognize the reality that they must co-exist with Israel. Its the conditions of co-existance that they disagree with. The # of Palestinians who dont want to coexist is = to the # of Israelis who still dream of a greater Israel free of the Arab people and for only the Jewish people. [/B]
    [/QUOTE].

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2934424][url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7800985.stm[/url]

more killed in 15 minutes than in 3 days during the mumbai attacks. Not much of an uproar by the news media though, I wonder if that has anything to do with who runs the show.

just sayin....[/QUOTE]

Are you a Christian

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2947379]Are you a Christian[/QUOTE]

no i am not, what does it matter?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2947304]Funny you should ask.

He thinks that Jews will "split hell open" when they are cast into the fiery depths to suffer an eternal torment for their sins. But it's OK because he thinks that Muslims will too. And Hindus. And Buddhists. And Mormons. And Rastafarians. And Scientologists. And Jehovah's Witnesses. And Jainists. And Shintoists. And Unitarians. And Lutherans. And Klingons. Catholics. And Sihkists. And Taoists. And Satanists[SIZE="1"](especially Satanists)[/SIZE]. And Secularists. And Zoroastrianists. And Confucianists. And Druids. And Wiccans. And Atheists. And Agnostics. And Protestants. And Methodists. And Mayans. And Anglicans. And Baptists. And Adventists. And the Amish. And Quakers. And Universalists. And the Sandpeople. And the Hari Krishnas. And Pats fans.[/QUOTE]

You had me right up until Pats fans.

I stopped reading after that.....