Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel attacks on Gaza kill 200 +

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic[/url]

how is me vouching for palestinians considered anti-semitic? Arabs are themselves semites. You have withdrawn from the debate by simply labeling me anti-semitic. Why not continue with facts, and statistics rather than throwing out insults. If anything, you attacking me as anti-semitic should be a bannable offense

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2935589][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic[/url]

how is me vouching for palestinians considered anti-semitic? Arabs are themselves semites. You have withdrawn from the debate by simply labeling me anti-semitic. Why not continue with facts, and statistics rather than throwing out insults. If anything, you attacking me as anti-semitic should be a bannable offense[/QUOTE]

Right, Jews are only about money and skew the media. Not offensive or prejudiced at all. Give me a break.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 12-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2935387]umm... wat am i saying wrong? Does ruport murdoch control 50% of the world's media outlets.. Look it up dude[/QUOTE]

Rupert Murdoch is Australian, of Scottish and Irish descent. He's not Jewish. Moron.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bloody Saturday of Israel in Gaza

Saturday is the holy day for all Jews in world. This is a well known part of the Jewish customs. During Saturday they exchange greetings, saying “Shabbat Shalom” or “Peace Saturday”. Under the Israeli occupation in West Bank and Gaza since over 41 years, the Palestinians never lived one day of peace, even not one Saturday. The Jewish State turned their “Shabbat Shalom”, the Peace Saturday, into a BLOODY one.

[url]http://www.kawther.info/wpr/2008/12/28/the-bloody-saturday-of-israel-in-gaza[/url]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2936016]Rupert Murdoch is Australian, of Scottish and Irish descent. He's not Jewish. Moron.[/QUOTE]

no but he's the worlds number 1 zionist. idiot

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2936070]no but he's the worlds number 1 zionist. idiot[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a mug that says that. "#1 Zionist" That'd be a great Christmas present.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2936070]no but he's the worlds number 1 zionist. idiot[/QUOTE]

why would he be a zionist if he isnt jewish?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935336]Anti-semitic? What did I do other than state a fact. Jews run the media, bravo to them. Mr. Murdoch, I am sure, has a perfectly valid reason to tilt media coverage in one direction or another, and that is he is jewish.

There's nothing wrong with that. Such is the world. Those in power maintain power through all available apparatus. I made no anti-semetic statement. Maybe you should put aside your assumptions and indulge in honest debate. Thats all thats going on here. Thankfully any arguement between us wont end in us dropping bombs or firing rockets at one another's homes.[/quote]

What a shock, the anti-semite doesn't even have his facts right:

[QUOTE][SIZE=-1][1] Asked if there is any truth to recent press describing his newfound piety, Murdoch replies:[B] "No. They say I'm a born again Christian and a Catholic convert and so on. I'm certainly a practicing Christian, I go to church quite a bit but not every Sunday and I tend to go to Catholic church -- because my wife is Catholic, I have not formally converted. And I get increasingly disenchanted with the C of E or Episcopalians as they call themselves here. But no, I'm not intensely religious as I'm sometimes described[/B]." Interviewed in 1992. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][URL="http://jetsinsider.com/people/846/000160366/"]Nicholas Coleridge[/URL], [I]Paper Tigers[/I] (1993), p. 487. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935322][IMG]http://www.ifamericansknew.org/images/deaths.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html[/IMG]

for every 1 israeli family killed, there are 4 palestinian families destroyed. While it is tragic for any civilian to lose their lives because of war, sadly, your numbers just dont hold any weight[/quote]

And the difference between those numbers is the same as the difference between the people killed in Mumbai and the people killed in Israel's attacks on Gaza today - Israel targets combatants and, in doing so, sometimes kills civilians (which is tragic). Palestinians and other terrorists target civilians.

The death of an Israeli child or civilian is no more tragic than the death of a Palestinian child or civilian. But that's the end of the equivalence between them.

BTW, I note that you ducked my question. You said whatever the palestinians do in the name of "resistance" is legitimate.

So yes or no, are you in favor of Palestinians shooting women and children?

Are you in favor of Palestinians blowing up buses?

Come on, you've all but said it already - have the courage of your convictions. Stand up and say it proudly. You support the murder of women and children (well, as long as they are jewish). Its obviously what you believe - are you too much of a coward to even say it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935342][IMG]http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/norbertbugeja/2008/05/04/reg03.jpg[/IMG]

lemme guess... Terrorists? Future one's i bet.[/quote]

No, tragedies, plain and simple. And if their deaths were avoidable with militarily justifiable precautions, criminal. What's your point?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PraiseWorthyOne;2935322][img]http://www.ifamericansknew.org/images/deaths.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html[/img]

for every 1 israeli family killed, there are 4 palestinian families destroyed. While it is tragic for any civilian to lose their lives because of war, sadly, your numbers just dont hold any weight[/QUOTE]

What did ARAFART do with the billions we gave these sixth century scum-bags? no water no food ever wonder why? Why did the Jordanians throw the garbage out out Jordan? why won't ANY Arab country take these people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Tyler Durden;2935394]I have absolutely no dog in this fight (Don't know enough about this conflict) but why should be banned for that?[/quote]

Same reason anyone should be banned for saying "blacks are criminals" or "Latinos are lazy" or any other piece of racist garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Ciaran;2935413]as the phrase "paleostinians" resides about five posts above us we attempt to raise the discourse[/quote]

Spewed by the most racist poster on this board. One I've called out more times than I can count.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935589][URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic[/URL]

how is me vouching for palestinians considered anti-semitic? Arabs are themselves semites. You have withdrawn from the debate by simply labeling me anti-semitic. Why not continue with facts, and statistics rather than throwing out insults. If anything, you attacking me as anti-semitic should be a bannable offense[/quote]

Do you think you're fooling anyone other than yourself? Regardless of the fact that Arabs are semitic, "anti-semitic" is a phrase meaning "against jews", for the simple reason that it was coined when europeans didn't really have much contact with arab semites. You know what the phrase means, and bloviating about the arabs' status as semites doesn't change the meaning of the word.

But this is pretty much par for the course for terrorist supporters - lies (Rupert Murdoch is jewish), deception ("[B]the jews killed 200[/B]" (think anyone will notice they were Hamas members?), and when all else fails, take refuge in the semantic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935336]Anti-semitic? What did I do other than state a fact.[B] Jews run the media, bravo to them. Mr. Murdoch[/B], I am sure, has a perfectly valid reason to tilt media coverage in one direction or another, and that is he [B]is jewish[/B].[/quote]

[quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2935387]umm... wat am i saying wrong? [B]Does ruport murdoch control 50% of the world's media outlets[/B].. Look it up dude[/quote]

[quote=pauliec;2936016]Rupert Murdoch is Australian, of Scottish and Irish descent. [B]He's not Jewish.[/B] Moron.[/quote]

[quote=PraiseWorthyOne;2936070][B]no [/B]but he's the worlds number 1 zionist. idiot[/quote]

[IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/funny-picture-cat-fail.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=acepepe;2936455]What did ARAFART do with the billions we gave these sixth century scum-bags? no water no food ever wonder why? Why did the Jordanians throw the garbage out out Jordan? why won't ANY Arab country take these people?[/quote]

Dude, enough. The fact that TheUselessOne is a piece of racist scum doesn't justify this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2936410]And the difference between those numbers is the same as the difference between the people killed in Mumbai and the people killed in Israel's attacks on Gaza today - Israel targets combatants and, in doing so, sometimes kills civilians (which is tragic). Palestinians and other terrorists target civilians.
    [/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2936507]
    But this is pretty much par for the course for terrorist supporters - lies (Rupert Murdoch is jewish), deception ("[B]the jews killed 200[/B]" (think anyone will notice they were Hamas members?), and when all else fails, take refuge in the semantic.[/QUOTE]

For those not familiar with the conflict (Tyler), everything you ever need to know about Hamas is summed up neatly in these two paragraphs. Required reading for all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I end my support of Israel

Sun Dec 28, 2008 at 02:07:48 PM EST

[QUOTE]Like davidminzer, I'm Jewish and descendant of holocaust survivors. Moreover, I've been a Zionist all of my life. I went to a Zionist school, I was active in Zionist youth groups. I've always been a fervent supporter of Israel as a refuge for Jews around the world who seek a place to exercise their traditions and embrace their identity in peace.

I sang the Israeli anthem in the train rails of Aushwitz-Birkenau and I pledged to fight every day of my life to make sure the savage crimes that had taken place there would never happen again. Every year I pledged: Never Again. Remember and Never forget.

Well, I haven't forgotten. And so to honor that pledge, to honor the memory of my family members who died in those death camps and because "there comes a time when silence is betrayal", today I finally and publicly end my support for the state of Israel.

Chilean Jew's diary :: ::

I do this with great pain in my heart, but nonetheless with the overwhelming conviction that it is the only right thing to do. I was patient: I tolerated the destruction of the Oslo process by refusing to end or slow down the constant and criminal construction of settlements. I held my nose and stood my ground when Barak killed the final status negotiations at Taba 2001. I even remained loyal after Sharon's massacres in the West Bank, the brutal Annexation wall, the illegal "selective assassinations" and Olmert's war crimes in Lebanon.

I had to defend Israel and Israelis with my friends and others who demanded I be consistent with my progressive views and oppose a country that was responsible for horrible crimes against innocent human beings. "Israelis are scared, they are traumatized, you have to understand...", "Israel is responding to attacks on itself, tell me one other country that wouldn't respond when attacked...", I demanded understanding, I pleaded for a fair and comparative analysis.

ENOUGH. I'm done justifying crimes against humanity by a country that claims to be an illuminated western democracy. I'm done defending a country that is unwilling to grant self-determination to a neighboring people because it won't let go of a few settlements and divide a city. I'm done tolerating the slaughtering of innocent kids, the murderous and barbaric occupation of an impoverished people, the utter disregard for human life.
    Fcuk them.

If they think their daily peace of mind is worth the lives of hundreds of innocent people, Fcuk them.

If they think the best way to go right now would be to vote for Natanyahu (who is so far winning in the polls), Fcuk them.

If they won't bat an eye before keeping millions without electricity or water, before bombing civilian neighborhoods at exactly the time when kids are leaving schools, before breaking every standard of international law or moral decency, Fcuk them.

It's time for every true progressive in this country and around the world to do the only thing that our consciences should allow us to do, the only thing that can keep us consistent with our supposed beliefs that human life is precious and that unnecessary violence is always criminal, barbarous and unacceptable. We must demand that Israel stop violence and immediately put an end to its colonialist military occupation of Palestine.

And until they do so, we must organize and do everything we can to make sure our money is not financing mass murder and oppression.

It is time for the progressive movement to demand immediate Divestment from Israel, just like we divested from other oppressive states like South Africa.

The only reason not to do so is willful hypocrisy.

And I don't know about you, but I'm done being a hypocrite.
    Unnecessary murder of innocents is always wrong.
    Selfish and unjustifiable occupation is always wrong.

Inaction in the face of massive suffering and injustice is always wrong.
    It is thus our responsibility to make sure Obama and the rest of our leaders understand that this time we will be relentless, this time we mean business and this time we will honor our pledges.

NEVER AGAIN!

DIVEST NOW!

Peace
    Salaam
    Shalom

Update: Thanks for putting this on the Recommended list. Now, if we could only come together as a community and think of different ways to organize a divestment campaign and other ways of putting pressure on the Israeli government, that would be truly amazing. Please read this great diary where different ways of supporting Gaza's population and organizing against Israeli occupation are presented.

Also, for those who are willing to work to pressure and lobby the American government to do something, please take a a look at this cool group. Toda Raba le culam (Thank to all).[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/12/28/114432/83/489/677860[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Chomsky on how Hamas policies are more conducive to peace than the U.S.'s or Isreal's

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8Eghw1Bik[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2934689]Uhh...the Palestinains are dirt poor. They dont have millions. They barely have enough food to eat thanks to the Israeli embargos.

Are you saying that because some Muslims are wealthy beyond belief that they should/would just give money to the palestinians?? Do christian countrys simply give their money to build up other poor Christian countries??[/QUOTE]

Yes The USA for one, In fact we send millions of dollars in aide all over the world. The Muslim countries do Jack ****!