Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: OFFICIAL Jets Vs. Dolphins Game Thread

[QUOTE=FondaJets;2937434]So banned me for life! I could really care less! I had to listen to you fans talk crap about pennington for 2-3 years and well it all came back to slap you in the face! I guess the man CAN WIN THE BIG GAMES![/QUOTE]

It ain't hindsight if you said it from the beginning. I said it the day it happened. He probably did too. Look it up.

[QUOTE=FondaJets;2937434]So banned me for life! I could really care less! I had to listen to you fans talk crap about pennington for 2-3 years and well it all came back to slap you in the face! I guess the man CAN WIN THE BIG GAMES![/QUOTE]

:banban::banban::banban:

Schluberator & Gadfly

My pleasure. I like Chad, I really do. But he's a Fin now! No way we'd be in the playoffs with him! And you know why Einstein? It may not be as much Chad as the coaching! But you showed your true colors, you aren't a Jets fan, you're a player fan, you frickin HOMO! :steamin:

All League
    [QUOTE=Larlar;2937444]Fitting end to the season. So sickening. Disgraceful. Bye Mangenius. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.[/QUOTE]

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LOL at Favre sprinting off field. The limo is probably running waiting for him! He'll be in Mississippi by 9:00 p.m.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;2937422]Dude, WTF are you smoking? Penny sucked in NY :yes:[/QUOTE]

Really? How many times did we go to the playoffs with him? I thought Jesus was supposed to take us there this year no problem?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jfiglio;2937447]It ain't hindsight if you said it from the beginning. I said it the day it happened. He probably did too. Look it up.[/QUOTE]

It's not what he was saying, it was how he said it.

If you're a true fan, you back your team, even if you don't agree with what they're doing. He's NOT a Jets fan. He's a Chad fan. BIG DIFFERENCE! He's on the wrong board. I'm helping him find his way.

[QUOTE=FF2;2937453]LOL at Favre sprinting off field. The limo is probably running waiting for him! He'll be in Mississippi by 9:00 p.m.[/QUOTE]

Gunslinger! Riverboat gambler! G.O.A.T.!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=FF2;2937453]LOL at Favre sprinting off field. The limo is probably running waiting for him! He'll be in Mississippi by 9:00 p.m.[/QUOTE]

I hope he's taking the coaching staff with him. :mad:

All League
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2937450]My pleasure. I like Chad, I really do. But he's a Fin now! No way we'd be in the playoffs with him! And you know why Einstein?[/QUOTE]

I have news for you Ding-Dong

Chad Pennington took this team to the playoffs in 3 seasons. 1 of which occurred with Mangini as head coach and Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator.

What hasn't sunk in with you guys is after this season Favre will be gone and this team will be left with an Ill-prepared and questionable 2nd round draft pick and a couple of journeymen.

Tannebaum is the DOPE that needs to be fired first. So he winds up in Miami. He only be doing what he does best, writing contracts. :steamin:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2937450] No way we'd be in the playoffs with him! And you know why Einstein? It may not be as much Chad as the coaching! [/QUOTE]

I think your logic is a little weak here. If it wasn't as much Chad as the coaching, then why are the coaches here and Chad is in Miami? I agree the coaching is atrocious. I also recall that this team had no OL last year when everyone was on Pennington's case. I submit a view that if Pennington had this OL, we would indeed be in the playoffs. Because! The idiot coaching staff was seduced by Favre's strong arm. THAT could never have happened with Pennington at QB and the offense would have better reflected reality. (Hint: We don't have a deep threat receiver either.) It turns out Favre's strong arm was as much a delusion as the view that Pennington couldn't lead the Jets back into the playoffs.

All League
    [QUOTE=slackman9;2937416]Favre not man enough to finish the game, [B]what an overrated qb.[/QUOTE][/B]
    I understand ur dissapointment. Farve may have not worked out 4 us the way we hoped he would.
    But To say he's overrated is a bit much.
    He's a HOF QB.. IMO one of the best to have ever played the game.
    His stint with the Jets does not tarnish it.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jfiglio;2937518]I think your logic is a little weak here. If it wasn't as much Chad as the coaching, then why are the coaches here and Chad is in Miami? I agree the coaching is atrocious. I also recall that this team had no OL last year when everyone was on Pennington's case. I submit a view that if Pennington had this OL, we would indeed be in the playoffs. Because! [B]The idiot coaching staff [/B]was seduced by Favre's strong arm. THAT could never have happened with Pennington at QB and the offense would have better reflected reality. (Hint: We don't have a deep threat receiver either.) It turns out Favre's strong arm was as much a delusion as the view that Pennington couldn't lead the Jets back into the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the point. Woody opened up the wallet and they still didn't cut it! The coaching is limited. You had Sporano with Parcell's backing him up and Chad did alright. What's the common denominator when evaluating the Jets 07 vs 08, generally speaking? The coaching staff! And that's why, even with Chad here, I don't think we would be better than 8-8! It took us 3 years of Mangini to figure out that perhaps it wasn't so much Chad as it was his coaching. They didn't have the skill to incorporate Chad with all his +'s and -'s into a good team.

But hey, that's JMHO and you know what they're like. :rolleyes:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2937502]I have news for you Ding-Dong

Chad Pennington took this team to the playoffs in 3 seasons. 1 of which occurred with Mangini as head coach and Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator.

What hasn't sunk in with you guys is after this season Favre will be gone and this team will be left with an Ill-prepared and questionable 2nd round draft pick and a couple of journeymen.

Tannebaum is the DOPE that needs to be fired first. So he winds up in Miami. He only be doing what he does best, writing contracts. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

3 seasons out of 10 ding-dong! Tanny and Woody gave Mangini and his staff all the tools (I think Favre was Woody's-PSL thing though) and they still tanked. Mangini and his staff lost this season, not the GM.