Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets fans have nothing to be excited about for a long time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was with Favre not shaking Chads hand? I expected a lot more class out of him...oh well

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsin1999;2937864]Brett was not man enough to shake Chad's hand at the end of the game.That said it all. It has been all about him from the begining. He ran super fast into the tunnel.[/QUOTE]

I think Brett Favre will regret that after he has a while to think about it. It wasn't too cool. What a way to end a career.

Sadly, the organization has a long way to go before it is solid.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need coaching player wise besides the uncertain QB situation I think we'll be ok. Remember we were 8-3 at one point. We fell apart due to crappy play calling on offence underutilization of our talent and getting too complacent on defense with Sutton's prevent crap and we stopped blitzing as frequently.
    Our coaches basically lost their balls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point you need to fire Tannenbaum AND Mangini, along with the rest of the coaching staff and start brand new. None of these clowns deserve a job. You have to clean house on this epic collapse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its MANGINA fault! he did it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2937822]This thread just picked up some speed

[/QUOTE]

I liked you better the first 15 weeks of the season. You know, when you didn't post here at all.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2935425]I think white angry jeses there will be wearing a bag over his head after that post.[/QUOTE]

We all know Jesus was black.

[IMG]http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/05/08/images/Black_Jesus.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In other news.....WFAN's Joe Benigno is back on suicide watch. Tune in at 10:00am tomorrow morning for an update.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2938261]At this point you need to fire Tannenbaum AND Mangini, along with the rest of the coaching staff and start brand new. None of these clowns deserve a job. You have to clean house on this epic collapse.[/QUOTE]

why fire tannenbaum? he brought in all the talent needed to win. he may have made a mistake with favre but he did nothing wrong this ofseason

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=December 29, 2007]

Dolphins fans have nothing good to look forward to for a long time. 1-15? HAH![/QUOTE]

Hmm..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2935419]This crap organization from top to bottom will bring back Mangini in 2009, be sure of that. With no QB on the horizon expect the Jets to have losing seasons for the next few years. The time to win was now, and Mangini blew that with his ineptitude. Get used to 6-10, 4-12 for the coming years.

What a disastrous way to go into the new stadium. This is what you get with an owner who has ZERO knowledge of football history and ZERO passion for the Jets. Woody indisputably bought this team as a toy. It's time we all stop sugar-coating the facts and admit the truth. The only ones who will argue this are fans who think on emotion, not fact. Which accounts for 90% of the Jet fan base.

[IMG]http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/sports-fan-paper-bag-head.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I agree with you for the most part but I really wouldn't place the blame on Woody. Now, if he decides to bring back Mangini next year, then yea, he deserves to fire himself as owner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bk1290;2938726]why fire tannenbaum? he brought in all the talent needed to win. he may have made a mistake with favre but he did nothing wrong this ofseason[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really dont blame him for the favre thing though, thats all 20-20 hindsight. I am one of the biggest chad supporters on this board and was very happy when we got favre. Things just didnt work out the way we thought they would. But every free agent signing he made were hits.

I would not blame Gholston on Tanny either. He needs a chance under a competent coaching staff and play his natural position as a 4-3 end. There is really no reason to us running the 3-4 anyway, as it killed us this year in generating a pass rush.