Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: best case scenario for offseason

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

best case scenario for offseason

For me, it's Parcells walking away from the Dolphins with his out in his contract (Mort reported this as a serious possibility this morning). He then assumes the position of President of the New York Jets. Tannenbaum stays in place, so does Mangini. Parcells helps to settle the organization down, and gets them on track towards the Superbowl. He's mentored both these guys, so it may be an ideal situation for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing about Mangini staying on as HC strikes me as ideal.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's a real downside to changing staffs every three years... there's something about Mangini that I like... I think we over-rated this team... the pass rush has been spotty all year... I would prefer stability to the organization over the next flashy coach. Mangini's had his problems, but I think with Parcells in the organization to act as mentor, we could see him mature in the next couple of years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parcells would fire Mangini...no RATS on his crew

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    parcells likes Mangini... counselled him to take the Jets job... so I can see him keeping him in the fold if he comes... I'd prefer Parcells to right the organizational ship, rather than bringing in an entirely new coaching staff.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want sutton to go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire everyone. Head Coach, Assistants, GM - everyone.

No f'ing way the Jets should be missing the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=phillyjet;2936655]I think there's a real downside to changing staffs every three years... there's something about Mangini that I like... I think we over-rated this team... the pass rush has been spotty all year... I would prefer stability to the organization over the next flashy coach. Mangini's had his problems, but I think with Parcells in the organization to act as mentor, we could see him mature in the next couple of years.[/QUOTE]

The downside is greater keeping Mangini at the helm.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;2937322]The downside is greater keeping Mangini at the helm.[/QUOTE]

not sure about that... with a young coach... Mangini didn't lose this game today... Parcells had a saying, "you are what you are." We felt pretty good about ourselves after Tennessee, but all season, we've seen that we still lack the explosive WR... we also lack a consistent pass rush... Gholston has been a bust for his draft slot. Some kudos go to the Mangini/Tannenbaum team for finally developing pro bowlers, but we are still several players away.

I'll talk Parcells as Pres, and Romeo Crennel as DC rather than a complete overhaul, which would be an over-reaction to the situation... Look at Dallas... they had everything to play for, and they laid down today... I don't think the Jets laid down.