Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangini + Tanenbaum = Losers

Banned

Mangini + Tanenbaum = Losers

I know Mangini is getting fired (if not it's an Iraq-sized mistake) but this idiot Mike T needs to go too. If you don't think for a second Mangini had anything to do with the moves Tannbaum has made over the years give me a break. Both of these clowns need to go.

23-25 in the regular season.

0-1 in the playoffs.

Yup, losers.

This really sucks.

Banned
    And I am so sick of the "well we have 10 pro bowlers". The Pro Bowl is a joke. Most of our pro bowlers made it on name alone.

Jets Insider VIP
    There's no way you oust Tannenbaum.

The guy is a salary cap wiz and has done a nice job bringing in talent. In just two drafts he brought in the likes of Brick, Mangold, Leon, Revis, and Harris. Three of those guys are pro-bowlers and Brick was voted as an alternate. Not to mention he was key in bringing in Faneca, Jenkins, Pace, etc.

Tannenbaum has done his job. He's acquired a boatload of talent all while working within the salary cap.

The main two reasons for our collapse are coaching and Brett Favre. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 12-28-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I used to like them a lot but I can't support them after this season's collapse. And their failure to secure us with a young franchise QB is going to haunt us for a long time. Cutler, Quinn, or Flacco could all have either been starting for us right now, or be ready to take over in 2009. We're so ****ed.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2937244]There's no way you oust Tannenbaum.

The guy is a salary cap wiz and has done a nice job bringing in talent. In just two drafts he brought in the likes of Brick, Mangold, Leon, Revis, and Harris. Three of those guys are pro-bowlers and Brick was voted as an alternate. Not to mention he was key in bringing in Faneca, Jenkins, Pace, etc.

Tannenbaum has done his job. He's required a boatload of talent all while working within the salary cap.

The main two reasons for our collapse are coaching and Brett Favre. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Favre/Pennington is a little bit of a black eye...

Tannenbaum has done his job. He's acquired a boatload of talent all while working within the salary cap.

The main two reasons for our collapse are coaching and Brett Favre. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]
    -realtalk-

[QUOTE=Darth Vader;2937251]Favre/Pennington is a little bit of a black eye...[/QUOTE]
    Nobody's perfect.

Banned

Tannenbaum has done his job. He's required a boatload of talent all while working within the salary cap.

In those incredible drafts you're citing Mike Tanenbaum also brought in Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith, Brad Smith and everyone's favorite loser Vernon Gholston.

We passed up Gabe Watson, a solid 3-4 NT who could have given us very solid depth behind Jenkins, for those f'n losers in 2006. In 2007 he passed up Brady Quinn, who looked damn good before he broke his finger this past season and will probably be a nice QB the next 10 years. You like Revis? What the f*ck is he doing for you now? Without a pass rush he's almost average.

2008 - Vernon Gholston. Jared Allen was being shopped around by KC to everyone. Allen is maybe the single best pass rusher in the entire NFL and would have made our defense top 5 if we had gotten him instead of wasting a top 6 pick on V-Ghost. Hey we got Keller and he is an ok receiving tight end, can't block for a sh*t but he ot hot for a couple games and then took some off.

Yeah, Mike T's a great a GM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2937249]I used to like them a lot but I can't support them after this season's collapse. And their failure to secure us with a young franchise QB is going to haunt us for a long time. Cutler, Quinn, or Flacco could all have either been starting for us right now, or be ready to take over in 2009. We're so ****ed.[/QUOTE]

That's the biggest indictment of Mangini/Tanenbaum and the main reason why both of these clowns need to go to join the unemployment line with the millions other Americans.

I like Tanny, but for devil's advocate purposes, he's also botched a ton of sh-t up on horrific levels. Waiting way too long to trade Vilma and DRob, he's done a pretty bad job of drafting in the mid-late rounds sans Leon, the Kendall fiasco, no depth at all anywhere...etc. In the end, the team he's built has produced a losing record over his tenure. If he hangs on to Mangini and 2009 yields similar results, you've got to can the guy.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2937271]I like Tanny, but for devil's advocate purposes, he's also botched a ton of sh-t up on horrific levels. Waiting way too long to trade Vilma and DRob, he's done a pretty bad job of drafting in the mid-late rounds sans Leon, the Kendall fiasco, no depth at all anywhere...etc. In the end, the team he's built has produced a losing record over his tenure. If he hangs on to Mangini and 2009 yields similar results, you've got to can the guy.[/QUOTE]

The whole transition from 4-3 to 3-4 has been a total and complete disaster, it killed our defense for 2 years and is basically killing us now.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2937207]I know Mangini is getting fired (if not it's an Iraq-sized mistake) but this idiot Mike T needs to go too. If you don't think for a second Mangini had anything to do with the moves Tannbaum has made over the years give me a break. Both of these clowns need to go.[/QUOTE]

DISAGREE 100% in regards to Tannenbaum. I know that Mangini had a lot of input on the moves that Tannenbaum, but what exactly are you criticizing?

IMO, Tanny done a very nice job with the draft. He knows talent when he sees it, Brick, Mangold, Leon, Revis, Harris, Keller, etc.. In free agency he got Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damian Woody, etc..

I'm not sure I get your point?

Mangini sucks, YES, you're preaching to the choir on that one. But I don't know why you are criticizing Tanny??

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2937327]DISAGREE 100% in regards to Tannenbaum. I know that Mangini had a lot of input on the moves that Tannenbaum, but what exactly are you criticizing?

IMO, Tanny done a very nice job with the draft. He knows talent when he sees it, Brick, Mangold, Leon, Revis, Harris, Keller, etc.. In free agency he got Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damian Woody, etc..
    [/QUOTE]

Faneca = BUST

Pace = Ok player, way overpiced and nothing special.

Woody = Overpriced and playing out of position

Brick = Overrated

Jenkins was his best move and even he is running out of gas, is injured and has the hideous Sione Pouha backing him up. This team is horrible and Mike T is a mediocre capoligist at best, Mangina was behind almost all of his moves. This entire regime needs to take a long hike.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2937265]In those incredible drafts you're citing Mike Tanenbaum also brought in Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith, Brad Smith and everyone's favorite loser Vernon Gholston.

We passed up Gabe Watson, a solid 3-4 NT who could have given us very solid depth behind Jenkins, for those f'n losers in 2006. In 2007 he passed up Brady Quinn, who looked damn good before he broke his finger this past season and will probably be a nice QB the next 10 years. You like Revis? What the f*ck is he doing for you now? Without a pass rush he's almost average.

2008 - Vernon Gholston. Jared Allen was being shopped around by KC to everyone. Allen is maybe the single best pass rusher in the entire NFL and would have made our defense top 5 if we had gotten him instead of wasting a top 6 pick on V-Ghost. Hey we got Keller and he is an ok receiving tight end, can't block for a sh*t but he ot hot for a couple games and then took some off.

Yeah, Mike T's a great a GM.[/QUOTE]

So you're bashing him over not hitting a homerun on all of his mid round draft choices?

Who the hell ever expected a 4th round pick making the transition from QB to WR to turn into some kind of star? Were you expecting Eric Smith to ever be anything more than maybe a solid starter at SS?

You're looking for guys who can make the team as special teamers in those rounds. Anything else (ex. Leon Washington) is just gravy.

Look at what Tanny has done in the first two rounds: D'Brickashaw Ferguson (pro-bowl alt), Nick Mangold (pro-bowler), Darrelle Revis (pro-bowler), David Harris, Vernon Gholston, Dustin Keller.

What player on that list has been a disappointment besides Gholston? His track record on first day picks has been pretty outstanding so far.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2937359]Faneca = BUST

Pace = Ok player, way overpiced and nothing special.

Woody = Overpriced and playing out of position

Brick = Overrated

Jenkins was his best move and even he is running out of gas, is injured and has the hideous Sione Pouha backing him up. This team is horrible and Mike T is a mediocre capoligist at best, Mangina was behind almost all of his moves. This entire regime needs to take a long hike.[/QUOTE]

So you condemn the guy over a couple of HIGHLY debateable claims? You also deliberately IGNORE the other part of my post?

I think you need to take a hike..........

[QUOTE=Mainejet;2937478]So you condemn the guy over a couple of HIGHLY debateable claims? You also deliberately IGNORE the other part of my post?

I think you need to take a hike..........[/QUOTE]

.... pwned :D

Banned
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;2937478]So you condemn the guy over a couple of HIGHLY debateable claims? You also deliberately IGNORE the other part of my post?

I think you need to take a hike..........[/QUOTE]

1. Those aren't highly debateable claims. Faneca has been a bust. Brick is overrated and Woody isn't quick enough to play Tackle, let alone get signed to multi-year deal that clogs up our cap.

2. Mangini was behind almost, if not all of Tanenbaum's major football decisions, those two are inextricably linked.

3. Tanenbaum has a losing record as General Manager thru 3 seasons.

4. Team needs a fresh start with a completely new regime.

Go have fun with those furry woodland creatures.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 12-28-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2937265]In those incredible drafts you're citing Mike Tanenbaum also brought in Anthony Schlegel, Eric Smith, Brad Smith and everyone's favorite loser Vernon Gholston.

[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    1) For starters, the Cardinals do not run a 3-4. Gabe Watson is a fat slob and had a lot of character concerns coming into that draft. He did not start one game this entire year, that speaks volumes about the kind of player Gabe Watson is. Sione Pouha is better than Gabe Watson, and it's really not even a close comparison.

2) Where does Jared Allen fit in a base 3-4? He is 6'6 270 and is a tweener between a 3-4 DE and OLB. He was incredibly productive for 5 years as a 4-3 DE, and you're going to trade for a guy that probably has no desire whatsoever to be an OLB? I understand and accept that Gholston is a project at 3-4 OLB, but guess what, Allen would have been as well.

3) Ok receiving end? You are thoroughly out of your mind. Dustin Keller finished with 48 catches for 530 yards and 3 TD's. Let's compare that rookie year to the rookie year's of the best tight ends in the NFL.
    PS: His blocking has improved.

Antonio Gates' rookie year: 24 for 389 with 2 TD's
    Dallas Clark: 29 for 340 with 1 TD
    Tony Gonzalez: 33 for 368 with 2 TD's