Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Unified Fire Mangini Discussion Thread (Merged x4)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The OFFICIAL Unified Fire Mangini Discussion Thread (Merged x4)

Let Him Start The Cowher Power Tomorrow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2009fatman;2937427]Let Him Start The Cowher Power Tomorrow[/QUOTE]

We can only hope

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Why wait til tomorrow?

Get rid of the whole coaching staff during the post game press conference. What a joke!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody needs to apologize to Jet fans for giving up on Pennington and bringing in the air head (Favre, stupid name)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

How long until Woody fires Mangina?

???????????????????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangini's going to get an extension, I fear:(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mangini Miracle Man;2937516]Mangini's going to get an extension, I fear:([/QUOTE]

Man I hope you're wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    they just said woody is gonna be on the post game show...very interesting

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    idk maybe right now...woody i think has a press confrence along with favre

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mangini Miracle Man;2937516]Mangini's going to get an extension, I fear:([/QUOTE]

No ****ing way is Mangini coaching this team next year...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow? BULL****.

Fire him tonight!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference between Herm and Mangini

Herms teams, despite the poor clock management and conservative playcalling...NEVER QUIT

We never quit for Herm when we were 4-12 and 6-10. We never quit on the 9-7 season in 2002. We always played hard. Sometimes we were outcoached, but we always fought to the bitter end. We limited mistakes, controlled the clock, and always were among the league leaders in fewest penalties

this team under Mangini has all the bad of Herm without any of the good. Too many penalties, too many brain farts. Inconsistent play calling. We run when we should pass, we pass when we should run. At least under Herm we ran when we should run.

The scrappy, bulldog underdog mentality we had under Herm is gone. This year was a bunch of expensive parts that didn't fit and a gutless coach that couldn't motivate for ****

when a Herm Edwards team got a break like on the Ellis TD miracle, they would take advantage of it and not look back. This team coughed it right back up. What more do you need to see out of Mangini? He can't get the job done!

Herm got us a division title with Teddy Cotrell and Paul Hackett for pete's sake. Can you imagine Mangini with those clowns we'd go 2-14!
    Last edited by steve mcqueen; 12-28-2008 at 07:49 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody is not going to fire mangini. We're stuck with him. Get set for another 4 or 5 more years of misery. What a disgrace of a coach

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is painfully obvious from this game that Favre is not the problem with this team... it is the coaching.

Favre's last INT was the result of a team not being aware of what is going on on the field. It the Jets are being coached to be automatrons, not to think.... not to make plays... but to do what they've been told to do in executing a play.

That **** may work with the Patriots.... when the HC is clearly a brilliant on-field strategic thinker. But Mangini is clearly not in the same class as his mentor.... For most teams, it comes come down to who can make more plays... and coaches who don't respect that are doomed to wallow in mediocrity.

Goodbye for the season, Jets fans.. have a great summer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hendu24;2937533]they just said woody is gonna be on the post game show...very interesting[/QUOTE]

Yep, But im scared im going to hear "YES, Mangini will be back"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2937590]Yep, But im scared im going to hear "YES, Mangini will be back"[/QUOTE]

unfortunately..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fan4Life;2937582]It is painfully obvious from this game that Favre is not the problem with this team... it is the coaching.

[B]Favre's last INT was the result of a team not being aware of what is going on on the field. It the Jets are being coached to be automatrons, not to think.... not to make plays... but to do what they've been told to do in executing a play.[/B]

That **** may work with the Patriots.... when the HC is clearly a brilliant on-field strategic thinker. But Mangini is clearly not in the same class as his mentor.... For most teams, it comes come down to who can make more plays... and coaches who don't respect that are doomed to wallow in mediocrity.

Goodbye for the season, Jets fans.. have a great summer.[/QUOTE]
    I agree that the Favre is not the [B]main[/B] problem of this time, but that is a terrible example to use. [B]Brett[/B] rushes them to the line because he thinks there is an extra defender on the field. Are they not supposed to line up and run the play? Are they supposed to object to it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What else is he going to say?

"No, I expect to be fired shortly for that horrible performance."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course he does. What do you want him to say?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really expect him to say "NO, I dont think I will be back, but thanks for having me!"