Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Unified Fire Mangini Discussion Thread (Merged x4)

Probably give him one more year like the Giants did with Coughlin.

Woody said a decision on Mangini will come later this week. They will discuss it this week. Woody wouldn't say if Mangini was coming back or not.

I also got the impression from Woody that Mangini will be gone. Hope so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    I'm ambivilent about Mangini coming back. The failure this year was the QB move, which is a GM decision. Based on the last five games, Brett Favre is the single biggest factor in missing the playoffs. Not saying he didn't have help. He's just the most glaring piece.
    Last edited by rbstern; 12-28-2008 at 09:21 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;2937691]Enlighten us.[/QUOTE]

When asked if Mangini would be back, he said he and his staf would evaluate the situation and have an answer next week....Didn't sound good for Mangini.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=CV 40;2937689]Whoa![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too much hopeful about it. The quote was something to the effect of "We'll evaluate the situation this week"

I'd rather have him make an impulsive firing instead of cooling down, and tannenbaum convincing Woody to keep Mangini for one more year

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2937711]When asked if Mangini would be back, he said he and his staf would evaluate the situation and have an answer next week....Didn't sound good for Mangini.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

All League
    Where are you guys watching this stuff?

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Jets Voice of Reason;2937678]I'd be surprised if Mangini gets fired. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I just don't see it happening. Hope i'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly !!! As much as we as jets fans want change, and properly deserve, it won't happen.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ikazippy;2937684]Woody was non committal, says will make a decision by weeks end.
    [B]Says the Jets gotta win more than 9 games.[/B]Doesn't sound good for Mangina.[/QUOTE]

I like that - means he wants to be a winner. 10-6 (wildcard) then 4-12 and 9-7 (no playoffs) - with that performance (i.e. regressing) would you retain your coach? I think not............

So, reading between the lines............BYE BYE Mangini :). I hope Woody is talking to Cowher (Spagnulo ain't available as Giants are in the playoffs)

[QUOTE=CV 40;2937723]Where are you guys watching this stuff?[/QUOTE]

SNY channel 639 on directv if you have the sports pack

[QUOTE=CV 40;2937723]Where are you guys watching this stuff?[/QUOTE]

SNY They do a post game show after every Jets game. They had Woody Johnson on.

All League
    I'm really looking forward to the radio tommorow. Tear this guy down and shove him out the door.

This decision will be Woody's defining moment.

Rookie
    I have seen the light and it has hurt my eyes, Brett wasn't good down the stretch but even so we lost winable games to ****ty teams. With better coaching and stronger game plans we could have pulled out some of these loses. This staff must go and they must go quickly. I drank the koolaid and I have now thrown it back up.

Worm

All League
    Charter JI Member

Is Mangini Fired Yet?

Seriously - I'm not going to get anything done at work this week. I'll be checking this board, ESPN, NFL.com etc every 5 minutes.

I was encouraged by Woody's post game interview. My take on it is that if he can get Cowher, Mangini's gone, if not, Mangini's back.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=jetmart;2937728]I like that - means he wants to be a winner. 10-6 (wildcard) then 4-12 and 9-7 (no playoffs) - with that performance (i.e. regressing) would you retain your coach? I think not............

So, reading between the lines............BYE BYE Mangini :). I hope Woody is talking to Cowher ([B]Spagnulo ain't available as Giants are in the playoffs[/B])[/QUOTE]

... he is available, the rule change allowes coach's to talk to other teams while on their bye week..... i heard it today while switching to the Giants game for a couple minutes

I bet he will be by Wednesday, NEW YEARS EVE!!!

I will be toasting Bill Cowher on New Year's Eve....

Veteran
    the man did not know how to control favre and coach to his strengths. mandoofus is horrible. blew a sure shot at a division title and a shot at the afc championship. i never was on the huge hype of a super bowl team coming from this but at least playoffs and a turn to the right direction. this team is going nowhere with this fat penguin if he isnt out i will be furious. i hope you guys who watched the press conference are right in that woody didnt seem to gung ho about mangini.

I think Mangini will be back, unfortunately.

I don't think Cowher would touch this job with a 10 foot pole.

I'd take Billick, Shottenheimer, Mariucci, even Fassel over Mangini at this point.
    Last edited by Roger Vick; 12-28-2008 at 10:31 PM.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;2937695]Not exactly a ringing endorsement from Woody during his interview. Eric should be gone by Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

And Tannenbaum should go with him. This is deja vu for me, as it reminds me of the Coslet years, and how Dick Steinberg was just as culpable, yet didn't get fired. Mangini is clearly an amateur, but we was dealt a bad hand by our blundering front office, despite how much people on this board tend to overrate our talent.