Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else officially done being a Jets fan?

Hall Of Fame
    I just keep telling myself that all the suffering will make that one Superbowl win even sweeter when it comes... no matter how old I am.

I wish I could. It is 39 frustrating ****ing years for me. I'm like a fn drunk who cannot quit even though I know I am ****ed. I am so ****ing pissed right now. I am sick of this ****. Having said that I will be wearing my Jets tie my son got me for Christmas to work tomorrow and take all the choke comments. I'm a Jets fan..It's what I do.

Rookie

never

i am done with them this season but i will never be done as a jets fan and anyone else dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya and thats it if you are a fan you need to stay a fan and yes i did leave early from the bar here in atl but i had a pryor engagement but i am still a jets fan and i wil die a jets fans could be worse could be a lions fan

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=its luis perez;2937484]I have a much easier time watching/supporting my girlfriends team who happens to be the Giants. I can't have my heart broken again like this. I resign at a Jets fan. **** this organization as a whole.[/QUOTE]

GOOD BYE an don't let the door hit you in the @ss!!! We do not need fans like you anyway! You live and die a Jets fan here or get lost. We are going to see a lot of band wagon jumpers now and no team needs these fans! You are the worst kind of fans ever and a cancer! Go support the Giants or who ever and don't bother coming back!! LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pussies.

I will be back in August ready to go. 9-7 ain't bad. I would like to see Favre come back and Mangini go but I will be back. I would like to see them pick up a Favre replacement in the draft or get Ratliff ready to go, but I am a Jet's fan. We win some and we loose a lot but one day...one day... we will get back on top. It is in the end, just a game and we but fans, not players or coaches but fans, if we never loose we would not know how great it is to win. Well we don't have to worry about not knowing that winning feeling because we know how to loose. I am a JETS fan and will always be a JETS fan. Anyone who can quit being and JETS fan was never a JETS fan. Just my take.

I been a Jet fan for 35 years its to late for me. My son wanted to be a fan it was the Jets or Steelers. I told him be a Steelers fan I wouldnt put you threw the agony I feel year after year. I will die a Super Bowless Jets Fan.

All League
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="5"] I WILL NEVER GIVE UP, J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS[/SIZE][/COLOR]

No way I stop being a jets fan but I am routing for the fins in the playoffs. Only because of Chad and the Miami players who I think are a good group of guys who are playing hard. It's the Miami fans I don't like, not the players. Most of them anyway, my two sons are fins fans. I knew better than to try to make them Jets fans and they did too. This organization is a mess once again but heck I am used to it by now. It will just be sweeter when they finally put it all together. One big mistake they made is letting chad go and getting Favre. Thats obvious though. It was weird cheering when Miami got that final interceptiion to seal it. There's no way I wanted to see New England in the playoffs. Good luck next year Pat fans!! I want to see Mangini Fired and Favre retire hopefully both very soon.

I been a Jet fan for 35 years its to late for me. My son wanted to be a fan it was the Jets or Steelers. I told him be a Steelers fan I wouldnt put you threw the agony I feel year after year. I will die a Super Bowless Jets Fan.

Not done being a fan but would consider myself a casual fan from this point forward. This franchise has given me nothing but reasons to stop watching football for the past 20 years and I'm no longer willing to be completely emotionally invested in a team like this. I will always root for the NY Jets but will not torment myself over collapses like this season's in the future.

Good luck to all you die-hards!!!

[QUOTE=george jetfan from miami;2937665]No way I stop being a jets fan but I am routing for the fins in the playoffs. Only because of Chad and the Miami players who I think are a good group of guys who are playing hard. It's the Miami fans I don't like, not the players. Most of them anyway, my two sons are fins fans. I knew better than to try to make them Jets fans and they did too. This organization is a mess once again but heck I am used to it by now. It will just be sweeter when they finally put it all together. One big mistake they made is letting chad go and getting Favre. Thats obvious though. It was weird cheering when Miami got that final interceptiion to seal it. There's no way I wanted to see New England in the playoffs. Good luck next year Pat fans!! I want to see Mangini Fired and Favre retire hopefully both very soon.[/QUOTE]

Like you, I hope the Fins do well in the playoffs but ONLY b/c of Chad. I didn't want him to QB my team so I hope he wins something now that he's no longer part of this cursed franchise.

Rookie
    Can't switch, like everyone has said here, if you do, you were never a true fan. I do feel bad about messing up my poor 8 year old. He was there with me today again, and had been telling me not to lose faith. How do you tell someone his age it is over, like I knew it was last week, but not crush his heart.

It was seeing him so said that really pisses me off! The only way I feel a little better is to hear about Man-Jerkoff being fired TOMORROW!!! It sucks right now being a Mets/Jets fan, if it is true that it is always darkest before the dawn, then the dawn must almost be here, because it can't get much darker.

I have been through way to much with this team to give up now. It sucks really bad, but just think of how good it will feel when( if??) our day finally comes.

All League
    [QUOTE=its luis perez;2937484]I have a much easier time watching/supporting my girlfriends team who happens to be the Giants. I can't have my heart broken again like this. I resign at a Jets fan. **** this organization as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Go buy yourself a brand new shiny Giants jacket, then throw it away when they start losing and buy one for whatever team is winning then....See ya'.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE]Anyone else officially done being a Jets fan? [/QUOTE]

Never.

For better or worse, I'm a Jets Fan. Always have been. Always will be.

Till the end.

Even though i have come to terms with the reality i will most likely never see my Jets win the Superbowl im too much of a fan of the game to give up...I will say this though, if Mangini is still the head coach next year i won't be attending any games or buying any merchandise...Screw you Woody, i want to see a competitive team on the field that has a heart and a chance to win...No more of this passive aggressive crap...I will still watch the games if i have nothing better to do but i won't spend a penny on the team...28 years of loyalty and nothing but misery to show for it is about all i can take without throwing in the towel...

All League
    good ridance, dam front runner

i will be behind the jets wether they go 0-16 or 16-0, because im a real fan
    Last edited by JerseyJet80; 12-28-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Practice Squad
    There are Pats* fans that will become Jets fans because of todays game. You have your heart riped out one time and you are hooked:steamin: My dad, who passed in October, took me to my 1st game 41 years ago and hes probably burning in hell because of it.

I'm a Jets fan for life. I've been with them since they were the Titans. No stopping now. No way. In September we start 0-0, and I'll be rooting for a playoff run.