Best Available LB in FA?

Bill Cowher, Spagnolo?:confused::rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=jetliner;2937713]Matt Cassel?
    Chad Ocho Cinco?
    Best available CB in FA?
    Best Available LB in FA?

Bill Cowher, Spagnolo?:confused::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Dude, the Jets have one of the worst cap situations in the entire NFL.

The Jets shot their load to the tune of $140 million and all it got them was a 9-7 season and no playoffs.

Dudette

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2937727]Dude, the Jets have one of the worst cap situations in the entire NFL.

The Jets shot their load to the tune of $140 million and all it got them was a 9-7 season and no playoffs.[/QUOTE]

They can make plenty of cap room - lots of unguaranteed money and the limit goes up again!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2937727]Dude, the Jets have one of the worst cap situations in the entire NFL.

The Jets shot their load to the tune of $140 million and all it got them was a 9-7 season and no playoffs.[/QUOTE]

The term " Shot their load" turns you on Tex doesn't it!!!!

[B]The Jets shot their load to the tune of $140 million and all it got them was a 9-7 season and no playoffs[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL!! It cost you the playoffs too. :D

Banned
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;2937748]LOL!! It cost you the playoffs too. :D[/QUOTE]

Dickhead. ;)

HHHHHEEELLLL NNNOOO,to matt cassell. Derek Anderson ring a bell

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2937757]Dickhead. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Belichick and Mangini have set up a tee time for next weekend yet.....

You keep saying that...its wrong.

Favre is done and we save a ton. You can sign 3 solid players with his 12 mil contract.

With uncertainty of Brady's 2009 Season... I guarantee Cassell gets Franchise Tagged... :(

We already have the players we need coaching. We need another Corner and mabey another guy to help Jenkins in the middle and a Dynamic game-breaking receiver.

All League
    As I posted earlier...The J-e-t-s are n-u-t-s if they don't pursue Cassel. Granted he may take a step backward if the sour pussed penguin is still running the show but Cassel has definitively proven he can produce. He may not be able to carry a team singlehandedly but can you imagine the upisde if the Jets had a coach who actually possessed a clue?

Get Bill Cowher, rework contracts and cut underperformers who can save cap space, and fill team needs from there

Banned
    [QUOTE=JiF;2937780]You keep saying that...its wrong.

Favre is done and we save a ton. You can sign 3 solid players with his 12 mil contract.[/QUOTE]

Jets can get another QB this off-season. Cassel is going to cost a draft pick plus an enormouse contact. Pass.

I would take Ocho Cinco though or Colston though.

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2937943]Jets can get another QB this off-season. Cassel is going to cost a draft pick plus an enormouse contact. Pass.

I would take Ocho Cinco though or Colston though.[/QUOTE]

Hello no to Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson. He is washed up. Colston shouldn't be a free agent for another couple of years. :confused:

Matt Cassell = Scott Mitchell & all the other QB's that step in after an injury and play well in a contract year and get a big free agent deal and never pan out. NO WAY should we sign him

Veteran
    we need a qb, i dont see any of our guys behind favre that i feel can be our qb for the future. cassle is a no brainer to chase after. we also need another shut down secondary player, and a wide receiver. but, most of all, we need a new head coach whose brain is bigger than an acorn..

Banned
    [QUOTE=Ribtoe;2937982]Matt Cassell = Scott Mitchell & all the other QB's that step in after an injury and play well in a contract year and get a big free agent deal and never pan out. NO WAY should we sign him[/QUOTE]

Matt Cassel would be the Jets best QB since Joe Namath.

Just saying.

All League
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2937992]Matt Cassel would be the Jets best QB since Joe Namath.

Just saying.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how the homerism is clouding their objectivity. If Cassel played on any other team there'd be serious discussion on this forum about signing him. I still remember there were quite a few Jet fans hoping to land Matt Schaub from Atlanta who played a whooping two games as a starter before going to the Texans.

The Jets still have some holes to fill. We need another Lineman to take some pressure off Jenkins as you saw he wore down at seasons end. The Jets definitely need some secondary help, they were atrocious this year. Maybe a speedy linebacker that can go sideline to sideline.

On offense, if Bret retires that's a huge question mark with Clemens and Ratliff. I'm not even sure what I would do there. The Jets are in dire need of a big time WR playmaker. Coles is done in my eyes and seems uncommitted to the team now. The Jets can save a couple of million just from him also.

Last the Jets are desperate for a new head coach. Please Woody, get the right man for the job. You have to see that Mangini is not the guy and can't carry a team. A coach like Cowher can save a team.

Help us God, for we have a long, dark few years ahead of us.