Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One more year Brett. Please!

Veteran

One more year Brett. Please!

Since nearly every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave everything he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, he gives this team the best chance to win and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens, you are out of your mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). Nevertheless, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 08-18-2010 at 07:32 AM.

LOL.

Does the ABM need to be created?

I am with you.

We have him, if he will have us I say give him one more year at least.

How can you want anything to do with him???

He is done, washed up. God, he looks terrible.

I want nothing to do with Brett Favre.

3 words .... Just Say No....

we dont need an overage QB that still thinks he can make the throws he did when he was in his 20's

No Thanks

Absolutely not.

The last two people I want to see in Jets Green in 2009 is Eric Mangini and Brett Favre.

Geese I donno which is worse how you're now kicking Favre to the turf or how you kicked Testaverde down on;y to be replaced by moonball Chad.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;2937764]Since nearly every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave EVERYTHING he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, he gives this team the best chance to win and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). However, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

Look at Chad - he did very well with a new coaching staff. If we can get in a coach that Brett will have to respect (i.e. Cowher who has a SB ring) then we will see Brett play better. That is, if he comes back..............

Brett will wait and see who the new HC is before making any decision......................

Practice Squad
    If he was injured as you claim, and could play no better than awful as he has, then he should not have been allowed to play.

QB options are limited next year, we are not getting Cassel, and I for one do not want our starting QB to come down to Ratliff or Clemens. They are young and have no regular season experience. If we were a young team that would be fine, but our team is filled with veterans who expect to compete. So if Favre wants to play another year we should let him.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JiF;2937794]How can you want anything to do with him???

I want nothing to do with Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

You're entitled to your opinion that he is washed up. My points are these: 1)IMO, he is not washed up but rather played 2/3 of the season with what appeared to be a really banged up shoulder. Which by the way was a result of the ridiculous shotgun empty-backfield offense the Jets were running which got him killed back there. 2) Those who prefer Clemens or Ratliff are most likely headed for a Browning Nagle type result.

I always knew Favre was a turnover machine and that some risk comes reward. But after watching hands on a full season of him on the Jets. I want no part of him. He makes some ridiculous mistakes. He plays as if he hasnt been in the league for 15 years. His accuracy is gone. I dont want a qb who is going to lead the league in INTs. No thanks. Great heart dumb decisions.

I would much rather move on and see what they have in Clemens or Ratliff. It is time to move on and find our franchise QB.

For those who dont want Farve back what do you plan on replacing him with? Ratliff Please! the guy had his best game against 3rd string practice squad players in preseason. Clemens again the Jets tried that experiment and it didnt turn out too good.
    Lets be honest the Pats are not going to let Cassel walk to the Jets. outside of that what do you plan on grabbing forget the draft this isnt a very good QB crop anything worth taking will be long gone before the Jets pick. Face it the Jets need Farve back for 1 more year if not plan on a 4-12 season.

[QUOTE=nyjets1969;2937878]For those who dont want Farve back what do you plan on replacing him with?[/QUOTE]

As with Mangini, my answer is simple: Anyone.

I am not a GM (although I often play one on the Interweb). However, I would rpefer we find our OWN QB, rather than continuing the "same old Jets" way of recycling someone elses leftover former-stud to our usual level of overpowering mediocrity.

If that means giving Clemens a season to see if he's the guy (or Ratliff, or Ainge) or drafting a new one, so be it. I would leave that decision to Tannenbaum and our new Coach (One can dream).

Point is Mangini failed and Favre failed. You can choose to accept failure and give failure another year to fail some more, or you can at least TRY to achive greatness by taking risks and actually trying someone else for a change.

But no.....Favre and Mangini and 8-8 in 2009. Thats what most seem to want. Same Old Jets, Same Old Fans.

Rookie
    I don't want cassal here either, he is not the answer, mumbles is a great coach, he built this kid up with simple gameplans and then when he had the confidence to throw he put him in situations where he would succeed. I don't believe he can duplicate this season without mumbles calling the shots. He is not our answer.

Worm

The pissed off fan in my says "Hell no"

The rational fan in me says that it's unlikely that Clemens or Ratliff (Or even Ainge) is going to be considered the QBoF and we're likely going to be looking to draft one. In which case, Favre might make for a nice mentor.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=JiF;2937794]How can you want anything to do with him???

I want nothing to do with Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

+1

if he doesnt retire(he definitely will) DROP HIM, he's useless. One more year with him is just another year without our QB of the future.

23 INT's.... thats just insane!!! He's not carrying this team anywhere, thats obvious, just cut bait and move on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFanDownSouth;2937799]3 words .... Just Say No....

we dont need an overage QB that still thinks he can make the throws he did when he was in his 20's

No Thanks[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes:

All League
    It's nice to see Mrs. Favre posts topics on JI.

I bet a friend that Favre would have as many TD's as Int's this year.

$50 bucks :alien:

Favre needs to go hunting full time.

He made me 50 bucks though :D