Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One more year Brett. Please!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    gotta get my dude brady quinn... he would make us a superbowl contender

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;2937764]Since nearly every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave EVERYTHING he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, he gives this team the best chance to win and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). However, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! This reads almost exactly like the threads defending Chad last year. Seriously, you could substitute Chad's name for Favre's in this paragraph and drop it into a thread from last year and it would be right at home. Chad drew that criticism last year (and in years past) and so will Brett. The difference will be that the negative New York media and the fan heat will drive Brett to decide to retire based on his "shoulder injury" that we convienently started hearing about this week. An exit excuse to escape the lack of love.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;2937953]I bet a friend that Favre would have as many TD's as Int's this year.

$50 bucks :alien:

Favre needs to go hunting full time.

He made me 50 bucks though :D[/QUOTE]

Hey DBAG......That's 10 hours of you working at the BURGER joint......

[B][CENTER]Now GFY!!!![/CENTER][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need a young franchise QB whether through draft or someone hopefully on the roster and a HC with a clue.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he checks his shoulder and is healthy and he is committed to participate in off season camps then I want him back. If he's thinking of retiring again and contemplating until April, I don't want him back. You make the choice Bret.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2937965]OMG!!! This reads almost exactly like the threads defending Chad last year. Seriously, you could substitute Chad's name for Favre's in this paragraph and drop it into a thread from last year and it would be right at home. Chad drew that criticism last year (and in years past) and so will Brett. The difference will be that the negative New York media and the fan heat will drive Brett to decide to retire [B]based on his "shoulder injury" that we convienently started hearing about this week. [/B]An exit excuse to escape the lack of love.[/QUOTE]

Bro, you must have noticed the difference in some of his throws after the Arizona game. There is no "convenience" about it. Simply, Brett Favre is a warrior that chose NOT to use it as an excuse for nearly the entire season until it became so obvious that even a football retard, like far too many Jet fans, could clearly see someting was wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;2937764]Since nearly every single thread starter is ripping him, I will defend him. The man injured his shoulder in week 6 or 7. He gave EVERYTHING he had to help this team win down the stretch. Did he make some poor decisions and some lousy throws? Of course he did. However, [B]he gives this team the best chance to win[/B] and his teammates play hard when he is in the huddle. He also threw some fabulous bullets that few others could complete. If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind. As for you Chad lovers, I have the utmost respect for #10. He was a great leader, an above average QB, and an underappreciated football player (similar to Jake Plummer, Jay Fielder, and Jeff Garcia). However, Chad will never win a championship. We all knew this and many of you have either forgotten or blocked it out. He threw a sure pick six, which was dropped by Eric Barton, just like he used to do in virtually every big game he played for our beloved Jets. Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush. As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a competent coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Please explain to me how throwing the most interceptions in the NFL while failing to throw for 300 yards in 16 games gives a team the best chance to win.

With all the talent we had all Favre had to do was dump the ball off and not f*ck it up......and guess what......he f*cked it up.

I would rather have Trent Dilfer than Brett Favre.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2937909]As with Mangini, my answer is simple: Anyone.

I am not a GM (although I often play one on the Interweb). However, I would rpefer we find our OWN QB, rather than continuing the "same old Jets" way of recycling someone elses leftover former-stud to our usual level of overpowering mediocrity.

If that means giving Clemens a season to see if he's the guy (or Ratliff, or Ainge) or drafting a new one, so be it. I would leave that decision to Tannenbaum and our new Coach (One can dream).

Point is Mangini failed and Favre failed. You can choose to accept failure and give failure another year to fail some more, or you can at least TRY to achive greatness by taking risks and actually trying someone else for a change.

But no.....Favre and Mangini and 8-8 in 2009. Thats what most seem to want. Same Old Jets, Same Old Fans.[/QUOTE]

Are you ready to accept 4-12 and when Clemens throw 4 picks in 1 game not come onto this board complaining we need to dump Clemens after only playing in the first 3 games. Thats the problem with the fans on this board they talk big about letting a young QB play but once it gets tough people are ready to bench him. The current team you have is built with older veterans winning now is a must. Im all for the youth movement but the Jets screwed that with signing Feneca, Damien Woody and Jenkins. With a decent coaching staff Farve still gives the Jets the best chance to win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2938009]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Please explain to me how throwing the most interceptions in the NFL while failing to throw for 300 yards in 16 games gives a team the best chance to win.

With all the talent we had all Favre had to do was dump the ball off and not f*ck it up......and guess what......he f*cked it up.

I would rather have Trent Dilfer than Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

Poor game planning. Fire Mangini bring in a good coaching staff and see if Farve plays that way next season I doubt it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyjets1969;2938030]Poor game planning. Fire Mangini bring in a good coaching staff and see if Farve plays that way next season I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

+ 1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think about this Farve haters we wanted Chad out of NY we got our wish. Guess what he threw over 3500 yards this season he never did that in NY see the problem here people. Its the coaching staff not the QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;2937764] [B]If any of you expect a better result with Ratliff or Clemens...you are out of your fn' mind.[/B][B] Favre had no impact whatsoever on the defense when Jenkins hurt his hip and started to wear down. He also had nothing to do with the disappearance of Calvin Pace and company with regards to a pass rush.[/B] As for the "Penguin", well I have given up on him completely. I really hope Favre gives us another year with a healthy shoulder and a [B]competent coaching staff.[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2938009]LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....Please explain to me how throwing the most interceptions in the NFL while failing to throw for 300 yards in 16 games gives a team the best chance to win.

I would rather have Trent Dilfer than Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

The answers to your question lie right in my original post.