Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody on SNY

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody on SNY

Nobody saw this? Thought it told a lot. Asked he sees Mangini back...or along those lines , dont know the exact question and he responds "We will evaluate it this week and come to a decision, 9 wins isnt enough".

Thats not an exact quote but along those lines. He said there will be decisions made by THIS WEEK. I actually thought he would say "Yes mangini will be back" but...maybe im wrong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He certainly didn't go out of his way to back Mangini. He was asked 4 different ways about the coach status and all he'd say was we'll evaluate it this week in a "systematic" way and make a rational decision.

He was also asked about Cowher and said pretty much the same thing.. we'll look at everything this week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon Woody!!

Throw his fatass out the window!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2937871]C'mon Woody!!

Throw his fatass out the window![/QUOTE]

what window?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;2937865]He certainly didn't go out of his way to back Mangini. He was asked 4 different ways about the coach status and all he'd say was we'll evaluate it this week in a "systematic" way and make a rational decision.

He was also asked about Cowher and said pretty much the same thing.. we'll look at everything this week.[/QUOTE]

Yep, You would at least think he would back Mangini up and say yes but hopefully Woody will do otherwise and make the right decision :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2937871]C'mon Woody!!

Throw his fatass out the garage door![/QUOTE]

Fixed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also love the fact that he said 9 wins isnt enough. I hate when people say "well we had 4 wins last year, its an improvement!"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    woody didnt back him, i say fatso is gone by wednesday

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;2937877]what window?[/QUOTE]

Are there windows at Hofstra?

If not, throw his fatass into on coming traffic. Just get him outta here!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2937848]Nobody saw this? Thought it told a lot. Asked he sees Mangini back...or along those lines , dont know the exact question and he responds "We will evaluate it this week and come to a decision, 9 wins isnt enough".

Thats not an exact quote but along those lines. He said there will be decisions made by THIS WEEK. I actually thought he would say "Yes mangini will be back" but...maybe im wrong.[/QUOTE]

Wow, him saying 9 wins isn't enough is big. Maybe he actually realizes that although we did improve this season we won in spite of the coaching. PLEASE bring in Rex Ryan or Bill Cowher, Woody, PLEASE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that's what was actually said, then Mangini's a goner

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=steve mcqueen;2937927]If that's what was actually said, then Mangini's a goner[/QUOTE]

I saw it to, and that IS what he said.

It is important to realize, and I think Woody is realizing, that SPEED is going to be of the essence this off season in obtaining a coach...especially if you want Cowher. I am certain there are more than a few owners already on the phone with Cowher's agent throwing $$ around...and if Woody wants 'in', waiting until January is going to be too late in all likelihood.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody certainly hasn't backed Mangina this past week.

I wouldn't read too much into it but I guarantee he's on the phone with CBS, asking for Bill Cowher.

If not Cowher, Rex Ryan from the Ravens. There's your dilemma though. Root for Chad Pennington and the Dolphins or Rex Ryan and the Ravens.

Woody wants a winner.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2937895]Are there windows at Hofstra?

If not, throw his fatass into on coming traffic. Just get him outta here!![/QUOTE]

I'll be in Morristown Tuesday. Put him out on 287 about 10ish.

Bye Bye you gum chewing *()&*&&*()&*())*(&

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BlueDevilJet29;2937915]Wow, him saying 9 wins isn't enough is big. Maybe he actually realizes that although we did improve this season we won in spite of the coaching. PLEASE bring in Rex Ryan or Bill Cowher, Woody, PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he's thinking 9 wins and a 1-4 finish is no way to enjoy his $140M offseason investment. I certainly didn't enjoy it and I didn't put that much money or energy into it. I can only imagine how he feels.

I hope we do fire that expressionless dope and tomorrow won't be soon enough. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for last season, but no way he gets a free pass this time around. This last 1/4 of the season was inexcusable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;2937942]Woody certainly hasn't backed Mangina this past week.

I wouldn't read too much into it but I guarantee he's on the phone with CBS, asking for Bill Cowher.

If not Cowher, Rex Ryan from the Ravens. There's your dilemma though. Root for Chad Pennington and the Dolphins or Rex Ryan and the Ravens.

Woody wants a winner.[/QUOTE]

What's the dilemma? :huh:

And if Cowher wants to coach, what do we have to give CBS?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;2937865]He certainly didn't go out of his way to back Mangini. He was asked 4 different ways about the coach status and all he'd say was we'll evaluate it this week in a "systematic" way and make a rational decision.

He was also asked about [B]Cowher and said pretty much the same thing.. we'll look at everything this week[/B].[/QUOTE]

.... well he'd better decide quickly, because Cower will be coaching the Browns within the week....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2937961]What's the dilemma? :huh:

And if Cowher wants to coach, what do we have to give CBS?[/QUOTE]

I just thought he'd had some contractual obligation with finishing out the season or something because the Browns will be hot on his trails too.

Like someone else said, if Mangini is gone, we need to get the next coach really quickly. Cowher, Ryan, Spags are all on the horizon for teams that dump their HCs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2937889]I also love the fact that he said 9 wins isnt enough. I hate when people say "well we had 4 wins last year, its an improvement!"[/QUOTE]

Especially with all the money invested in free agents this year. We were built for the Superbowl THIS YEAR.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Cowher would at least provide an identity for the Jets such as power football and strong defense.