Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classless

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Classless

Did I miss something or did Favre run off the field without speaking with or shaking hands with Pennington after the game. The feed I was watching showed Chad being congratulated by several fellow team mates while obviously looking for somebody and then a shot of Favre running off. If that happened, what a classless act on Favre's part.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So every player on the Jets should congratulate every player on the Dolphins after the game? I am on the kick Favre to the curb group, but your nitpicking.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2938186]So every player on the Jets should congratulate every player on the Dolphins after the game? I am on the kick Favre to the curb group, but your nitpicking.[/QUOTE]

So I guess it was OK for BB to sprint off at the end of the SB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2938174]Did I miss something or did Favre run off the field without speaking with or shaking hands with Pennington after the game. The feed I was watching showed Chad being congratulated by several fellow team mates while obviously looking for somebody and then a shot of Favre running off. If that happened, what a classless act on Favre's part.[/QUOTE]

I want Favre gone, he's let the fumes go to his head, played careless like he didn't give a **** all year... Good riddance! Chad is a genuine classy guy, I wish him all the best off the field. I want to see him fall flat on his face next week against Baltimore, but you will not find a classier guy anywhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Mike but that is just common practice between QB's in the league in every game. I remember the big Chad congratulating Favre shot after the first game this year. Just thought it was odd.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favre and Chad were never teammates, plenty of Jet players wished Chad well, him and Clemens had a moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2938193]So I guess it was OK for BB to sprint off at the end of the SB.[/QUOTE]

Nothing he does is ok.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2938186]So every player on the Jets should congratulate every player on the Dolphins after the game? I am on the kick Favre to the curb group, but your nitpicking.[/QUOTE]

+1

there was nothing wrong in running off, i wouldnt congratulate a division rival for coming into our backyard and winning the division.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2938205]Favre and Chad were never teammates, plenty of Jet players wished Chad well, him and Clemens had a moment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that but Clemens was not the starter. Maybe he did it and they just didn't show it. Still, it was odd IMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2938174]Did I miss something or did Favre run off the field without speaking with or shaking hands with Pennington after the game. The feed I was watching showed Chad being congratulated by several fellow team mates while obviously looking for somebody and then a shot of Favre running off. If that happened, what a classless act on Favre's part.[/QUOTE]

Is that your biggest concern after we ruined an 8-3 record to finish 9-7? Who cares if Brett congratulated Chad or not?:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2938211]Nothing he does is ok.[/QUOTE]

Right, but we killed Belliache for the cold greeting he gave Mangini at midfield after we beat them the first time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you watch the highlights on [url]www.nfl.com[/url], it shows Brett giving Chad a hug. At least it looks like Brett.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kyhangdog;2938276]If you watch the highlights on [url]www.nfl.com[/url], it shows Brett giving Chad a hug. At least it looks like Brett.[/QUOTE]

Let's not let facts get in the way of an idiotic thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2938241]Is that your biggest concern after we ruined an 8-3 record to finish 9-7? Who cares if Brett congratulated Chad or not?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely that is not my biggest concern. I'm concerned that we have wasted a year of development of a future quarterback by gambling on an aging veteran to take us to the Superbowl this year. I'm concerned that we will hold on to Mangini another year and end up marking time again as he takes us a new direction at QB only to be changed entirely the following year by whoever replaces Mangini as our new Head Coach, thus setting us back a third year. I'm scared to death that Favre will want to come back again and we won't have the stones to turn him down on the offer and have to observe another season of a great QB in the twilight of his career who doesn't recognize his diminishing skills playing for a star struck Head Coach who won't try to correct him in any way.

But since I cannot do anything to actually affect those concerns I'll stick to a simple observation of something that struck me as odd and classless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares what Favre does, he'll be retired by this time next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2938297]Let's not let facts get in the way of an idiotic thread.[/QUOTE]

What else could I write about, all the "Fire Mangini", "Favre Sucks", "Fire Sutton", "I quit being a Jets Fan", "The coaching staff sucks", "Chad still sucks" and "Hang Woody, Tanny and Mangini" threads were taken.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kyhangdog;2938276]If you watch the highlights on [url]www.nfl.com[/url], it shows Brett giving Chad a hug. At least it looks like Brett.[/QUOTE]

Then I stand corrected Hangdog and I submit this thread to be dumped by a higher power.:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike D;2938186]So every player on the Jets should congratulate every player on the Dolphins after the game?[/QUOTE]

YES! Like hockey! I've always liked that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2938174]Did I miss something or did Favre run off the field without speaking with or shaking hands with Pennington after the game. The feed I was watching showed Chad being congratulated by several fellow team mates while obviously looking for somebody and then a shot of Favre running off. If that happened, what a classless act on Favre's part.[/QUOTE] He sprinted off of the field as if Mississippi was at the end of the tunnel. He didn't congratulate Chad; the only person he cares about is Brett Favre.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2938174]Did I miss something or did Favre run off the field without speaking with or shaking hands with Pennington after the game. The feed I was watching showed Chad being congratulated by several fellow team mates while obviously looking for somebody and then a shot of Favre running off. If that happened, what a classless act on Favre's part.[/QUOTE] He sprinted off of the field as if Mississippi was at the end of the tunnel. He didn't congratulate Chad Pennington; the only person he cares about is Brett Favre. He realizes that Chad owned him today.