Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Report: Favre unhappy with Mangini

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Report: Favre unhappy with Mangini

Tim Graham Reports what Jay Glazer wrote:

"Do I think he's done? Yes. Everybody I've talked to thinks he's done. There are a couple of reasons. He talked about his shoulder. It has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.

The other issue is his happiness. Is he happy playing for Eric Mangini? The answer I keep getting is "No." In Green Bay, [B]Favre earned the right to be treated differently. With the Jets he's treated like everyone else[/B]. He gets called to the principal's office and is grilled by Mangini for the decisions he's making in games.

[B]On Wednesdays and Thursdays, the players are quizzed about their upcoming opponent and Favre feels it's homework they don't need[/B]. I don't think he enjoys it that much. I don't think he's happy playing for Mangini."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you seriously just post this again?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is Glazer's conclusion based on what sources have said about Favre, Favre hasn't flat out said this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;2938360]Did you seriously just post this again?[/QUOTE]

Yea it got thrown in with the Chad circle jerk thread....Which it probably will end up again....Just tried to change it to leave Chad out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If true, wow.

quizzes? lol. is this highschool?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm no Mangini fan (although I was), but I really don't need to hear that the QB is unhappy with Mangini because he's not treated specially. Assuming this is true of course.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2938377]Yea it got thrown in with the Chad circle jerk thread....Which it probably will end up again....Just tried to change it to leave Chad out.[/QUOTE]

Hence why I allowed it to stay.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JeffWeaverFan;2938428]Well I'm no Mangini fan (although I was), but I really don't need to hear that the QB is unhappy with Mangini because he's not treated specially. Assuming this is true of course.[/QUOTE]

Yea, not saying Glazer is always credible... but I think it's true and he prob feels that way bc we were losing as of late....He seemed happy with everything when we were winning but I guess that's how it goes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Favre feels like Mangini is giving him homework he doesn't need, then maybe Favre should watch some tape of his own god-awful play. Him being clueless about is own dog**** performances is jaw-dropping.

if this is true, Mangini just went up a little bit in my book.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2938350]There are a couple of reasons. He talked about his shoulder. It has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.

[/QUOTE]

scapegoat anyone?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought that Favre presented a challenge to Mangini's authority this year, which was why I viewed his arrival with some trepidation.

Judging by some of Favre's actions on the field perhaps Mangini was not able to fully control him. Favre's arrival has been counterproductive in terms of the team's progress under the Mangini regime. But at the time, there were few options as appealing with potential as Favre.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;2938652]If Favre feels like Mangini is giving him homework he doesn't need, then maybe Favre should watch some tape of his own god-awful play. Him being clueless about is own dog**** performances is jaw-dropping.

if this is true, Mangini just went up a little bit in my book.[/QUOTE]

You are seeing the light! :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;2938652]If Favre feels like Mangini is giving him homework he doesn't need, then maybe Favre should watch some tape of his own god-awful play. Him being clueless about is own dog**** performances is jaw-dropping.

if this is true, Mangini just went up a little bit in my book.[/QUOTE]

Agreed +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;2938667]You are seeing the light! :D[/QUOTE]

I said "If". And the Quizmaster still didn't figure out how to either establish a running game or stop a running game, so it's not like this was the only problem that could be laid at his feet.