Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Jets 2009 opponents

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    586

    Jets 2009 opponents

    Jets Know Who Their 2009 Foes Are
    Published: 12-28-08

    By Randy Lange
    Editor-in-Chief


    It is one of the several rites of the regular-season finale, along with putting the playoff tiebreakers to bed and determining the next spring's first-round draft position. It's nailing down the following season's opponents.

    The Jets, after the fourth loss in their last five games by 24-17 to Miami on Sunday, know who their 16 foes will be next season, and know that they will be a tough 16 — with games against the Titans, Colts, Falcons and Panthers at the top of the slate, the Jets' strength of opponents' schedule will be a difficult .568 (145-110-1).

    The full team and league schedules won't be released by the NFL until April, but here is a quick look at the Jets' '09 opponents:

    HOME

    AFC East — Buffalo (7-9), Miami (11-5), New England (11-5)

    AFC North — Cincinnati (4-11-1): Bengals won their last three to pass Browns for third place, and return to the Meadowlands next year, where they have lost seven straight to the Jets.

    AFC South — Tennessee (13-3): AFC's top seed and a Jets opponent for fourth straight year but for the first time at home since 2003). Jacksonville (5-11): Also the Jaguars' first Meadowlands visit since '03, comeback win for Green & White.

    NFC South — Atlanta (11-5): Jets host Falcons, led in by Matt Ryan and John Abraham, for first times in 11 years. Carolina (12-4) Panthers, who dueled Giants for NFC's top seed, last played Jets at Meadowlands in '98.

    AWAY

    AFC East — Buffalo (7-9), Miami (11-5), New England (11-5)

    AFC South — Indianapolis (12-4): First game in Lucas Oil Stadium against Peyton Manning and Colts, who had a strong '08 finish. Houston (8-8): Jets' only game at Reliant Stadium was '03 come-from-behind win over Texans.

    AFC West — Oakland (5-11): Green & White, who enjoyed their Oakland years a while back, return to the Bay area for the second straight year vs. the Silver & Black.

    NFC South — New Orleans (8-8): Drew Brees and Saints' prolific offense will be waiting in Jets' first Superdome visit since '01 Sunday night triumph. Tampa Bay (9-7): Jets haven't played at the Buccaneers since Wayne Chrebet "Flashlight Game" win in 2000.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sparta,NJ
    Posts
    442
    well were boned, looking forward to 2010

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Its funny, I live in Cicny now and in late Novemeber, i was saying too bad there is no way the Jets will play Cincy next year. They were 1-9-1 and we were 8-3. Sure enough, we are playing.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    Here we go with the Oakland West Coast Trips again.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    206
    looking fwd to that New Orleans trip....

    what a disappointing season, we should be all looking fwd to the jets playoff opponent this upcoming weekend....

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dutchess County, NY
    Posts
    1,040
    Nice, only 1 West Coast trip THANK GOD!!!!

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    5 - 11 at best

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Here we go with the Oakland West Coast Trips again.
    Why the hell do we have to play Oakland every year? anybody knows why? why couldn't it be SD, Denver or even KC, but oakland every yer?

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,666
    this is dumb

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,213
    so who's coming out in the 2010 draft? because we may have a pretty high pick

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    so who's coming out in the 2010 draft? because we may have a pretty high pick
    Terrell Pryor...just dreaming

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,823
    Miami (11-5) x 2
    New England (11-5) x 2
    Tennessee (13-3)
    Atlanta (11-5)
    Carolina (12-4)
    Indianapolis (12-4)

    + Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay (who are all better than their records indicate)

    HOLY **** !! How the Hell did we get stuck with this schedule ??!!

    It's gonna be a long year.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Miami (11-5) x 2
    New England (11-5) x 2
    Tennessee (13-3)
    Atlanta (11-5)
    Carolina (12-4)
    Indianapolis (12-4)

    + Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay (who are all better than their records indicate)

    HOLY **** !! How the Hell did we get stuck with this schedule ??!!

    It's gonna be a long year.
    Theres not much thats based on this year's performances. Only 2 games each year are based on your prior year's record.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    88
    The NFL considers Oakland a rivalry game for the Jets, because Al Davis hates the Jets passionately, and Woody Johnson is largely indifferent towards the Raiders (probably scared to death of Raiders fans).

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,136
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseCutChad View Post
    The NFL considers Oakland a rivalry game for the Jets, because Al Davis hates the Jets passionately.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

    NFL schedules are determined years in advance using a pre-determined formula of who plays who and where.

    The Jets will be extremely lucky to squeak out 3 or 4 wins next yera.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    Terrell Pryor...just dreaming
    Won't be eligible until 2011 anyway.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

    The Jets will be extremely lucky to squeak out 3 or 4 wins next yera.
    Didn't you say this last year too? come on TX.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    Didn't you say this last year too? come on TX.
    No, I said the Jets would win between 6-8 games this year.

    Shoot me, I was 1 off.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Jets Know Who Their 2009 Foes Are
    Published: 12-28-08

    By Randy Lange
    Editor-in-Chief


    It is one of the several rites of the regular-season finale, along with putting the playoff tiebreakers to bed and determining the next spring's first-round draft position. It's nailing down the following season's opponents.

    The Jets, after the fourth loss in their last five games by 24-17 to Miami on Sunday, know who their 16 foes will be next season, and know that they will be a tough 16 — with games against the Titans, Colts, Falcons and Panthers at the top of the slate, the Jets' strength of opponents' schedule will be a difficult .568 (145-110-1).

    The full team and league schedules won't be released by the NFL until April, but here is a quick look at the Jets' '09 opponents:

    HOME

    AFC East — Buffalo (7-9), Miami (11-5), New England (11-5)

    AFC North — Cincinnati (4-11-1): Bengals won their last three to pass Browns for third place, and return to the Meadowlands next year, where they have lost seven straight to the Jets.

    AFC South — Tennessee (13-3): AFC's top seed and a Jets opponent for fourth straight year but for the first time at home since 2003). Jacksonville (5-11): Also the Jaguars' first Meadowlands visit since '03, comeback win for Green & White.

    NFC South — Atlanta (11-5): Jets host Falcons, led in by Matt Ryan and John Abraham, for first times in 11 years. Carolina (12-4) Panthers, who dueled Giants for NFC's top seed, last played Jets at Meadowlands in '98.

    AWAY

    AFC East — Buffalo (7-9), Miami (11-5), New England (11-5)

    AFC South — Indianapolis (12-4): First game in Lucas Oil Stadium against Peyton Manning and Colts, who had a strong '08 finish. Houston (8-8): Jets' only game at Reliant Stadium was '03 come-from-behind win over Texans.

    AFC West — Oakland (5-11): Green & White, who enjoyed their Oakland years a while back, return to the Bay area for the second straight year vs. the Silver & Black.

    NFC South — New Orleans (8-8): Drew Brees and Saints' prolific offense will be waiting in Jets' first Superdome visit since '01 Sunday night triumph. Tampa Bay (9-7): Jets haven't played at the Buccaneers since Wayne Chrebet "Flashlight Game" win in 2000.
    Call me crazy, but Im betting the Pats will get NO,TB, JAX,CAR, and ATL at home

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Miami (11-5) x 2
    New England (11-5) x 2
    Tennessee (13-3)
    Atlanta (11-5)
    Carolina (12-4)
    Indianapolis (12-4)

    + Jacksonville, Houston, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay (who are all better than their records indicate)

    HOLY **** !! How the Hell did we get stuck with this schedule ??!!

    It's gonna be a long year.
    It's the worst case scenario to just miss the playoffs. No playoff fun and you get a hard schedule. Exactly what happened to Cleveland last year and look what they did this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us