Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Favre's pep-talk...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Favre's pep-talk...

I was watching with my father-in-law tonight - he's a big jet fan, so it was nice we could actually root for the same team for once - and we both noticed Favre's mini-speech to his teammates right before the game.

Did anyone else think it was weirdly low-key? It was very sort of...well, do what we can and it'll be whatever it'll be. I think he was going for a "let's take care of what WE can take care of," but we felt it didn't come off that way.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=S.I. Patsfan;2938631]I was watching with my father-in-law tonight - he's a big jet fan, so it was nice we could actually root for the same team for once - and we both noticed Favre's mini-speech to his teammates right before the game.

Did anyone else think it was weirdly low-key? It was very sort of...well, do what we can and it'll be whatever it'll be. I think he was going for a "let's take care of what WE can take care of," but we felt it didn't come off that way.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Not that they are geniuses or anything, but the 3 guys on NFL network were chuckling derisively at Favre's "pep talk." It was pretty bad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think it went like this...

favre: if it works out it works out... if not..my treat at the sizzler..i love you guys.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jagr68;2938657]i think it went like this...

favre: if it works out it works out... if not..my treat at the sizzler..i love you guys.[/QUOTE]

"its the least I can do for the $12,000,000."