Thread: This board brings me solace

This board brings me solace

There is no where to turn after this game except this board. I truly do think this year is the most painful of them all.. So many expectations were placed upon this team after the titans and pats games, and rightfully so. Those two games might have been the finest moments in Jets games that i have seen in my 36 years. I actually felt bad for the Pats in the first half, the way we were destroying them. It was a marvelous string of games, and to watch this season go down the tubes to teams like SF and Seattle, is really absurd. How does a team go from being that good to being this bad...Keller! The Pass Rush! Jenkins!...There were people ready to give Tanembaum GM of the Year award, now what....I think it was really appropos that it was Chad who took us down at the end, because he will forever be a symbol of the front office's ineptitude..How do you just let him walk out for nothing,,,,especially to your division rivals? There has been talk about Cassel being a free agent, but everyone KNOWS Belichick will not just let him go free to the Jets nor any other team..It would be an idiotic move..The Jets pursued Favre for quite some time and just let Chad leave without any other plans for him...I was sick to my stomach early in the year watching Favre throw his punts/interceptions. Then was amazed at how he played during that winning streak, how poised and in control he could be...This team had 7 pro bowlers and looked like sh#T for the past 5 weeks, how could that be??? The coach gets nothing special out of them. He scared to punch it in when it counts, shows no confidence in his decision making, and frankly seems like he reads the papers too much. If they say he is one way he does the other the next week. So reactionary it makes me want to puke!!!This team should have made the playoffs and done some damage, now we must talk rebuilding...truly truly sickening!

[QUOTE=booboo;2938662]There is no where to turn after this game except this board. I truly do think this year is the most painful of them all.. So many expectations were placed upon this team after the titans and pats games, and rightfully so. Those two games might have been the finest moments in Jets games that i have seen in my 36 years. I actually felt bad for the Pats in the first half, the way we were destroying them. It was a marvelous string of games, and to watch this season go down the tubes to teams like SF and Seattle, is really absurd. How does a team go from being that good to being this bad...Keller! The Pass Rush! Jenkins!...There were people ready to give Tanembaum GM of the Year award, now what....I think it was really appropos that it was Chad who took us down at the end, because he will forever be a symbol of the front office's ineptitude..How do you just let him walk out for nothing,,,,especially to your division rivals? There has been talk about Cassel being a free agent, but everyone KNOWS Belichick will not just let him go free to the Jets nor any other team..It would be an idiotic move..The Jets pursued Favre for quite some time and just let Chad leave without any other plans for him...I was sick to my stomach early in the year watching Favre throw his punts/interceptions. Then was amazed at how he played during that winning streak, how poised and in control he could be...This team had 7 pro bowlers and looked like sh#T for the past 5 weeks, how could that be??? The coach gets nothing special out of them. He scared to punch it in when it counts, shows no confidence in his decision making, and frankly seems like he reads the papers too much. If they say he is one way he does the other the next week. So reactionary it makes me want to puke!!!This team should have made the playoffs and done some damage, now we must talk rebuilding...truly truly sickening![/QUOTE]

We are all pretty low at this point man, but venting here does help.

Jets Insider VIP
    know how you feel - misery luvs company:(

Welcome to the party.

Jets Insider VIP
    at least for you guys out in the NYC area you got others to commiserate with - living here in the midwest - nada - the only solace I have is that the Cowboy tools I work with won't be in much better mood than I :D