Thread: Who Wants COLES BACK Next Year?

Who Wants COLES BACK Next Year?

I think Coles should come back to team w/Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney and DRAFT PICK the jets would be set at WR. The Jets definently should draft [B]OR [/B][B]FA [/B]a BIG 6'3+ TOUGH WR that weighs over 220 lbs that can help downfield. Coles was open alot this year and Favre missed him numerous times.

I want a fast tall target, a true #1 receiver to pair with Cotch... I wouldn't mind Coles as my #3 slot receiver.

We'll take him! ;)

Personally, I have always felt like Coles and Cotch are elite #2s, but neither can be an elite #1... Just my two cents.

yea its time for Coles to take a reduced role and find a true #1 wr to take the spot.

I love Cotch and feel like if you gave him a no. 1 to play opposite of he would be a 1,200 yard beast. I dont want the man back but I will make do with his grumpy ass for one more year to get rid of his contract.

Veteran
    Until we have a real long term QB, never mind the WRs.

All League
    I'd trade him

But I think he will finish out his contract and we will let him walk then.

Waterboy
    I have been [I]extremely[/I] supportive of Coles throughout his time with the Jets, but I'm through with the guy after this season.

At this point, I'd take anything for him in trade: a bag of balls, a ham sandwich, whatever...anything to get out of having to pay him $5.5M guaranteed next year.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;2938680]I think Coles should come back to team w/Cotchery, Stuckey, Clowney and DRAFT PICK the jets would be set at WR. The Jets definently should draft [B]OR [/B][B]FA [/B]a BIG 6'3+ TOUGH WR that weighs over 220 lbs that can help downfield. Coles was open alot this year and Favre missed him numerous times.[/QUOTE]

He should defenitely be back next season. First of all, he needs another shot with a legitimate starting qb, and second of all, we have no better options at this point.

[QUOTE=HuckPenny;2938808]I have been [I]extremely[/I] supportive of Coles throughout his time with the Jets, but I'm through with the guy after this season.

At this point, I'd take anything for him in trade: a bag of balls, a ham sandwich, whatever...anything to get out of having to pay him $5.5M guaranteed next year.[/QUOTE]

Bag of balls? Can you give some of those to Mangini? Ham Sandwich sounds good right about now.

Seriously, i think maybe we can trade him with a draft pick and get a solid #1 (Boldin someone to that extent)

Coles wants a long term deal, a big no-no for the Jets. Knowing the Jets though, they will probably give it to him.

Laveranues Coles wants a new contract from the Jets and plans to approach the front office "in the coming weeks."

Here we go again. Coles is guaranteed $5 million in 2009 and that's more than fair for a receiver coming off one of the weakest seasons of his career who turns 31 on Monday. Coles reportedly played through a torn quadriceps all year, showing his trademark toughness, but he's doubtful to get a raise.

saw this on rotoworld

Veteran
    He's done, folks.

The guy couldn't get seperation when it mattered the most. From here on out he is going to be eaten up by DB's.

[QUOTE=GoBigGreen;2939035]He's done, folks.

The guy couldn't get seperation when it mattered the most. From here on out he is going to be eaten up by DB's.[/QUOTE]

Coles had the def. beat when favre overthrew him by six or seven yds in the EZone on that deepball.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;2938702]yea its time for Coles to take a reduced role and find a true #1 wr to take the spot.[/QUOTE]

Wow, your sig is almost surreal :eek:

Veteran
    I'm pretty tired of his act. He is the "whiniest" tough SOB I've ever seen.

All Pro
    me dont want him back!