View Poll Results: Do we need stricter consequences for racist posts?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 33.33%
  • No

14 66.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Politics Forum Ground Rules Request

Just to be clear -- a good analogy to the casual use of the term "Mafia" in a game is a lot like the use of "Redskins" for a football team. Its used so casually that hardly anyone cares, but the more you think about it the more offensive it gets. To further clarify, I think its abundantly clear that DPF could care less about whether there is offense meant or implied by the "mafia" game, but will say so to make a point. It is a classic example of false equivalence so common to conservatives on this site and the world beyond. Ex: Bush fabricated reasons for going to War and broke laws / violated the Constitution in its prosecution, but we're all even because Clinton lied about his BJ. See, fair is fair.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've never once on this forum been racist or even cursed at someone.

However, people like doggin94it, vilma, PlumberKhan, ReleasetheAnimal, long island leprechaun, and even Warfish who I have always liked, are all going to hell. That fate is 99.9% irreversible (mainly because you all are too prideful to repent).

I sincerely apologize if I left anyone out. Feel free to add your name to the list. But you doggin, you're going to get worse than the rest. You know the truth and you refuse to take off the blinders. Tradition, like crack, kills.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2942326]I've never once on this forum been racist or even cursed at someone.

However, people like doggin94it, vilma, PlumberKhan, ReleasetheAnimal, long island leprechaun, and even Warfish who I have always liked, are all going to hell. That fate is 99.9% irreversible (mainly because you all are too prideful to repent).

I sincerely apologize if I left anyone out. Feel free to add your name to the list. But you doggin, you're going to get worse than the rest. You know the truth and you refuse to take off the blinders. Tradition, like crack, kills.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry fellas, I'll bring the beer.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2940351][IMG]http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a1183/a1183_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Does this look familiar?

It's post #54 on Sackdance99's Bill Maher thread....Posted by you.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that's one funny picture

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2942326]I've never once on this forum been racist or even cursed at someone.

I sincerely apologize if I left anyone out. Feel free to add your name to the list. But you doggin, you're going to get worse than the rest. You know the truth and you refuse to take off the blinders. Tradition, like crack, kills.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.atheists-online.com/x012.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.atheists-online.com/x003.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.atheists-online.com/x018.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.atheists-online.com/x009.gif[/IMG]

I actually don't mind all of the condemnations to hell. If one is honestly to believe certain popular readings of Christianity, SD99 is doing us the greatest kindness he can by cluing us in to "the truth". Now, of course, what he is really quite efficient at pointing out is how patently ridiculous the entire exercise of religion (not to say spirituality) really is. One cannot boil down centuries old spiritual traditions into an either-or proposition that somehow always seems to side with a political perspective. Belief in a man-made, fungible and inflexible doctrine that has divorced itself from all spirituality is nothing more than ignorance clinging to obedience for dear life. SD99 makes that clear every day -- and this is very important to know, because as many as 20% of our countrymen, concentrated in the south and mid-west feel the same way. We have to know how to understand and manage them.

Board Moderator

Ah, what fine company to be in.

Ironic that you chose to have a possibly homosexual actor - who is no doubt going to hell - to portray none other that Jesus, the world's guy that if you tell him you're bad, you get to heaven regardless of how you live your life, as your sig pic....

Board Moderator
    Oh and by the way, I will give a +1 to sackdunce, he never attacks anyone personally with racist remarks or cursing or anything not in the realm of condemning them to hell, give the guy credit for that. And persistence.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2942691]Ah, what fine company to be in.

Ironic that you chose to have a possibly homosexual actor - who is no doubt going to hell - to portray none other that Jesus, the world's guy that if you tell him you're bad, you get to heaven regardless of how you live your life, as your sig pic....[/QUOTE]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2939747]The same way calling Jews "kikes" is racist when people of all races are Jews.[/QUOTE]

So then you're saying it's not racist?

All League
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2938719]Can we please stop with the blatant racism going around? And if people aren't going to do it voluntarily, can we get some mod intervention?

Seriously, this goes beyond idiots like ThePraiseworthyOne's antisemitism. If someone came on here and started posting about "niggers" or "spics" or "kikes" I'm pretty sure they'd be gone in a heartbeat. Yet somehow, people get away with calling arabs or muslims pretty much whatever they want. It isn't any different, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Maybe its just me, but I've always thought racism should be a one strike and you're out rule. Does anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/crazyeffinjetsfan/hulkavl3.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Vilma;2942737]Oh and by the way, I will give a +1 to sackdunce, he never attacks anyone personally with racist remarks or cursing or anything not in the realm of condemning them to hell, give the guy credit for that. And persistence.[/QUOTE]

That's like giving Dahmer a +1 for not raping women.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2938719]Maybe its just me, but I've always thought racism should be a one strike and you're out rule. Does anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]
    I do. I read this painful thread and its collective and subjective definitions of "racism" and your brilliant dissection of the mafia. Horsesh*t.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2942805]I do. I read this painful thread and its collective and subjective definitions of "racism" and your brilliant dissection of the mafia. Horsesh*t.[/QUOTE]

I agree!!

doggin94it + :fireboy: = :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2942364]Don't worry fellas, I'll bring the beer.[/QUOTE]

I'll bring the kilbasa and weenies.... ;) Flame broiled, mmmmm!

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2941218]Jokes aside, I'd just like something to be clarified here by the mods. Honest question:

From here on out, are racist posts, like those in the Israeli thread, or some of the other heinous ones towards gays and Muslims, going to continue to be tolerated?[/QUOTE]

So, yes?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2942861]I'll bring the kielbasa and weenies[/QUOTE] :eek:

Veteran
    A lot of dense people on this board. It's obvious what he's getting at, it's not rocket science. You guys are arguing semantics. It's simple, don't use derogatory-slang terms to describe people. Like he said in the original post, it goes past simply being anti-jew, anti-christian, anti-muslim, etc. when you start using words like that.

I was born Jewish and now an Atheist, do I have a special place in hell or do I just get thrown in with the Jews and Atheists

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2943089]A lot of dense people on this board. It's obvious what he's getting at, it's not rocket science. You guys are arguing semantics. It's simple, don't use derogatory-slang terms to describe people. Like he said in the original post, it goes past simply being anti-jew, anti-christian, anti-muslim, etc. when you start using words like that.[/QUOTE]
    Using derogatory-slang terms is boorish, not criminal. The 'once-and-you're-done' mindset, which paralells the mindset of PC-codes on college campuses is moronic.

The following is a recent quote from the leading left leaning party (the Labour Party) in historically one of Europe's most progressive countries, Holland: [I]"The mistake we can never repeat is stifling criticism of cultures and religions for reasons of tolerance."[/I]

Eye-opening article: [url]http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/29/europe/politicus.php[/url]

Even the Dutch are learning, the hard way, that with unquestioning multiculturalism (as in, "question your President, call him a monkey and equate him with Hitler because it's patriotic, but don't you dare insult your Yemeni neighbors or their culture!") come grave consequences.