View Poll Results: Do we need stricter consequences for racist posts?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 33.33%
  • No

14 66.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics Forum Ground Rules Request

Well this thread's certainly producing results that it was intended to prevent. Well done.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2940333]He's confusing racist attacks against Christianity with people exposing Sackdunce's (love whoever came up with that one) ridiculous and extreme logic......[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It came to me in a moment of spiritual inspiration! ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2940333]He's confusing racist attacks against Christianity with people exposing Sackdunce's (love whoever came up with that one) ridiculous and extreme logic......[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It came to me in a moment of divine inspiration! ;)

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2940399]

I'm assuming it's the "SausageFest" Last Supper picture. Nice try...that's not an attack on Christianity. Neither is the pic I posted that said "Men Who Wear Sandals Get What They Deserve"...

[/QUOTE]

Jesus being crucified with a saying, men in sandals get what they deserve isn't an attack on Christianity?

Now that's some funny sh*t.

I would suppose a picture of Mohammad with a saying, men in turbans molest boys wouldn't offend muslims either?

You're a clown....

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2940399]I can't see the picture because I'm at work...

I'm assuming it's the "SausageFest" Last Supper picture. Nice try...that's not an attack on Christianity. Neither is the pic I posted that said "Men Who Wear Sandals Get What They Deserve"...

Jesus told me he is tired of limp wristed wussie Christians who cry "persecution" every time someone says something mean to them. "Boo-hoo", he said "I was hung from a freaking cross and my earliest followers were eaten by lions...so suck it up and grow a pair of testicles, you panty waisted Nancy's..."

There you have it....words from the leader of the religion of...well, I'll let you finish that sentence, Nancy...[/QUOTE]

So, thus far the only ground rule we have established is that any attacks against Judaism and Islam are off limits, but there's an open season on Christianity.

Not that I'm bothered by it, I just want to make sure I know all the rules.

Soo, how bout those molesting priests?

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2938719]Can we please stop with the blatant racism going around? And if people aren't going to do it voluntarily, can we get some mod intervention?

Seriously, this goes beyond idiots like ThePraiseworthyOne's antisemitism. If someone came on here and started posting about "niggers" or "spics" or "kikes" I'm pretty sure they'd be gone in a heartbeat. Yet somehow, people get away with calling arabs or muslims pretty much whatever they want. It isn't any different, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Maybe its just me, but I've always thought racism should be a one strike and you're out rule. Does anyone disagree?[/QUOTE]

For someone so concerned with racism and bigotry, you seemed to be quite involved in the JI mafia game.

I'm thinking the one strike rule should be in effect here.

Mods?

[quote=pauliec;2940506]So, thus far the only ground rule we have established is that any attacks against Judaism and Islam are off limits, but there's an open season on Christianity.[/quote]

Actually, it is and should be open season on Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and any other [B]idea, philosophy, theology or act[/B].

What it isn't and shouldn't be is open season on Jews, Christians, Muslims, Arabs, homosexuals, etc.

If you can't see the difference between attacking an ideology and attacking its adherents personally, I don't know what to tell you.

Its as simple as the difference between "[B]Christianity[/B] is funny" and "[B]people[/B] who wear turbans molest children"

[quote=DeanPatsFan;2940507]For someone so concerned with racism and bigotry, you seemed to be quite involved in the JI mafia game.

I'm thinking the one strike rule should be in effect here.

Mods?[/quote]

Excellent point :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2940523]Actually, it is and should be open season on Judaism, Christianity, Islam, and any other [B]idea, philosophy, theology or act[/B].

What it isn't and shouldn't be is open season on Jews, Christians, Muslims, Arabs, homosexuals, etc.

If you can't see the difference between attacking an ideology and attacking its adherents personally, I don't know what to tell you.

Its as simple as the difference between "[B]Christianity[/B] is funny" and "[B]people[/B] who wear turbans molest children"[/QUOTE]

As I cited above, more likely than not it's the Catholic priests who molest children.

Your point is to attack the philosophy, not the people. I got it.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2940526]Excellent point :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

One you can't refute.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2940539]One you can't refute.[/QUOTE]

What does the mafia game have to do with [I]anything[/I]?

[quote=DeanPatsFan;2940539]One you can't refute.[/quote]

[quote=pauliec;2940562]What does the mafia game have to do with [I]anything[/I]?[/quote]

exactly.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2940538]As I cited above, more likely than not it's the Catholic priests who molest children.[/QUOTE]

There was an episode of To Catch a Predator where they nabbed a rabbi going after a 14-year-old boy. Man, that was creepy.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2940586]There was an episode of To Catch a Predator where they nabbed a rabbi going after a 14-year-old boy. Man, that was creepy.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/hooters666/chris_hansen_dateline.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2940475]Jesus being crucified with a saying, men in sandals get what they deserve isn't an attack on Christianity?

Now that's some funny sh*t.

I would suppose a picture of Mohammad with a saying, men in turbans molest boys wouldn't offend muslims either?

You're a clown....[/QUOTE]

Of course it would offend Muslims, you dolt...I never said I didn't offend anyone, but you should really do some more research into what an "attack" is.

Besides, it was in a Sackdance99 thread. He is allowed to say anything, right? Because he is a Christian...it makes it allright for him to "attack" and flame anyone he wants under the guise of being a tolerant Christian.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2940562]What does the mafia game have to do with [I]anything[/I]?[/QUOTE]

Well with doggin being the board defender against stereotypes, racism, bigotry, etc, I found it to be a bit ironic that he would be heavily involved in the JI Mafia Game.

I guess some people don't practice what they preach.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2940659]Well with doggin being the board defender against stereotypes, racism, bigotry, etc, I found it to be a bit ironic that he would be heavily involved in the JI Mafia Game.

I guess some people don't practice what they preach.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. It's a game, Deano. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2940650] you should really do some more research into what an "attack" is.

[/QUOTE]

So a pic of Jesus being crucified with a saying "Men in sandals get what they deserve" isn't an attack.

I see now, it's a joke. I'm sure the Vatican would laugh at that. We'll probably see the Pope sporting a t-shirt with that logo.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2940666]You can't be serious. It's a game, Deano. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with the game and I'm very serious. It has to do with racism, bigotry and stereotypes, and of course the double standard of the thread starter.

Actually I agree with DPF on this although I simultaneously feel that he is a ridiculous person with few legitimate contributions to reasoned argument. The glorification of the mafia is certainly offensive to many Italians just as many thought "The Sopranos" reinforced harmful stereotypes.

On the larger issue -- I do think it is inappropriate to make too big a deal of what goes on here in JI politics. Virtually everyone here, including myself, has said some ridiculous, offensive or provocative things, some cross the line into saying hateful things. While I share your desire to see the haters go away there is unfortunately no fair way to discern, at this level of discussion, the haters from the mere jerks.

I specifically post here because people will attack my posts savagely -- even arguing points that have long since been resolved in more...elevated corners of the internet. The fact is, I think the atavism sharpens my skills and tempers my patience. I am for no system more severe than booting people for short periods when a mod thinks things have gotten too personal/ugly.