Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just want to say thanks to the Jets...

Chaos,
    Are we done with your meaningless, moronic thread yet? I'm tired and we've gotten nowhere. I think it's cool you have the greatest Quarterback of all time not to win a Super Bowl. Keep up the good work here and take care of that dolphin!

Your bff,

HessStation

[QUOTE=steve mcqueen;2939045]You are aware that this game was completely meaningless to the Jets after the 1st quarter, considering Baltimore pulled away, since there was no way to make the playoffs even with a win.

Chadfins getting in is just the lesser of two evil. Better them than Belichick[/QUOTE]

+1 cute dolphins with hats > listening to douchbags at work.

Banned
    yep, either way we'd feel the same. Only it wouldn't be you here gloating, it would be PatsfanTX.

once it got to be 17-7 Ravens, the season was over

Veteran
    [IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/andrewlneufer/GayDolphin.gif[/IMG]

^ Fred's trendiness has caught on. Soon, every Dolphin shall be sporting a hat.

All League
    1 and DONE, 1 and DONE !!

Chad is injured next week guranteed.

Even if he's not... Dolphins lose.

[QUOTE=steve mcqueen;2939045]You are aware that this game was completely meaningless to the Jets after the 1st quarter, considering Baltimore pulled away, since there was no way to make the playoffs even with a win.

Chadfins getting in is just the lesser of two evil. Better them than Belichick[/QUOTE]

As to the score, the JETS "brain trust" posted J'VILLE's early lead, then nothing--zippo--for the longest time. I understand that even the network's TV commentators (I think it was Phil Simms) noted it. Poor excuse for a lackluster performance, and fans' giving up too soon, and your ultra-stupid Coaches and organization. How could ANYONE on a pro team not be "up" for THIS GAME, and not be emotional from start to finish? Not at all like Sonny Werblin, Weeb Ewbank, NAMATH, Snell, Boozer, J SAMPLE, et al., was it?

I have a lot of respect for your team--they're solid. Well, maybe not FAVR--not anymore. But generally, yes, and they deserved better! Your Coach is an unemotional, uninspiring, robot-like individual, and your GM is brain-dead. And I'm curious: who hired your OC and DC? Donald Duck?

No, it's not like the JETS that I MYSELF remember, growing up in Brooklyn. It IS a big joke now. You're the laughingstock of the League right now. I guess that I should just be glad that I'm living in South-East Florida now. Parcells, Ireland and Sparano...and PENNINGTON...have taken care of that!!!

Chad Pennington was never going to win a Superbowl with the Jets. I think Jets fans would know after watching him be a roller coaster of a good quarterback every other year. Yes, hes had one hell of a year but we have seen this from him before ,like the year he took over for the injured Vinny Testaverde and was in the Top 5 in passer rating and we all thought he was the answer. He plays the game smart and when he plays dominant defense's with real defensive coordinators in the playoffs like Rex Ryan next week, or Dick Lebeau who will take away his strong points and attack him unlike a coach like Bob Sutton you will see why it was time for Jet fans to get rid of him, because he can manage you games but newsflash..he is not taking you past Indy/Pitt/Tenn/Balt. I give the Dolphins credit as they played the schedule they were given beat the Jets and won the division, but Chad won't be a Dolphin forever and if your happy with playing good football but never getting to a superbowl hey thats all you, but when a future hall of famer is coming off one of the best seasons of his career you take a chance on him. You better hope Chad Henne is going to be as good as you hope because when Chad goes down eventually since hes due, If you dont have a quarterback you will be back in the same position

[QUOTE=The Chaos Path;2938976]...for putting all the puzzle pieces in place for the Dolphins. Gotta thank the organization for just giving Chad away for nothing. Gotta thank them for picking up Favre, without him I doubt a melt down of this magnitude would or could have happened. Gotta thank FAVRE HIMSELF for throwing three interceptions and giving us 7 points.

Gotta thank Mangini, the expression on his face made me laugh all game. He looked like he was gonna cry. Who would have figured, you guys spend all this money, pick up Mr. Gunslinger, and somehow it all works in THE DOLPHINS FAVOR! I want to thank all Jets fans, without all your incessant **** talking this victory couldn't have been as good. You've made this season a very special one for all Dolphin fans everywhere. Thanks guys, you're the best (and by that I mean the worst).

Have fun chillin' in the cellar of the AFC East for the next couple of years.[/QUOTE]

As a Jet fan I got to admit you are right. I even joked to my two roomate Dolphin fans after the game that the Dolphins probably paid Favre to to come out of retirement.

[QUOTE=Johnny Drama;2939076]Chad Pennington was never going to win a Superbowl with the Jets. I think Jets fans would know after watching him be a roller coaster of a good quarterback every other year. Yes, hes had one hell of a year but we have seen this from him before ,like the year he took over for the injured Vinny Testaverde and was in the Top 5 in passer rating and we all thought he was the answer. He plays the game smart and when he plays dominant defense's with real defensive coordinators in the playoffs like Rex Ryan next week, or Dick Lebeau who will take away his strong points and attack him unlike a coach like Bob Sutton you will see why it was time for Jet fans to get rid of him, because he can manage you games but newsflash..he is not taking you past Indy/Pitt/Tenn/Balt. I give the Dolphins credit as they played the schedule they were given beat the Jets and won the division, but Chad won't be a Dolphin forever and if your happy with playing good football but never getting to a superbowl hey thats all you, but when a future hall of famer is coming off one of the best seasons of his career you take a chance on him. You better hope Chad Henne is going to be as good as you hope because when Chad goes down eventually since hes due, If you dont have a quarterback you will be back in the same position[/QUOTE]

How do you know he couldnt have won a superbowl with the jets? Because you said so? People are acting like when the jets lost in big playoff games the Jets roster was made up of 53 chad penningtons. Pennington put us into position to beat the steelers twice. If you want to complain, would you have rather had Big Ben as qb for us in that game, who chad with a bad game still outerperformed? Ben threw two int's late in the 4th quarter handing us the game.

The main complaint here is that people say the jets could never win a super bowl with Chad unless the whole team around him was great. Isnt that the defenition of every super bowl winning team? Let me ask you this, how many times has Peyton Manning carried the colts on his shoulders and won a super bowl for the colts? ZERO!!! He could barely win a playoff game, and the year they finally win the super bowl they win playoff games in SPITE OF manning, with their incredible playoff defensive performances. Tom Brady had the best coach in NFL history, as well as dominant o and d lines. Am I comparing Chad to Brady and Manning? Heck no, Chad isnt 1% of the qb's they are. I am just trying to illustrate you that it is a rarity in today's game where the qb puts the whole team on his shoulders to win a super bowl. Rather, it is much more often the case of the qb playing a huge role, on an already great team' simply a very crucial piece to a complicated puzzle.

On behalf of the Jets front office, I want to say "you're welcome". They'd be too modest to say it themselves; but the Jets F.O. has been doing this for other teams for most of the last 40 years. Happy to have been of service.
    :steamin:

Banned
    [QUOTE=The Chaos Path;2938984]Seriously? All you can say is "Baltimore is going to beat you"???[/QUOTE]

What do you expect, they are Jets fans.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2939191]What do you expect, they are Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

Tex, Will be be enjoying your company throughout the playoffs and the summer too?

[QUOTE=Johnny Drama;2939076]Chad Pennington was never going to win a Superbowl with the Jets. I think Jets fans would know after watching him be a roller coaster of a good quarterback every other year. Yes, hes had one hell of a year but we have seen this from him before ,like the year he took over for the injured Vinny Testaverde and was in the Top 5 in passer rating and we all thought he was the answer. He plays the game smart and when he plays dominant defense's with real defensive coordinators in the playoffs like Rex Ryan next week, or Dick Lebeau who will take away his strong points and attack him unlike a coach like Bob Sutton you will see why it was time for Jet fans to get rid of him, because he can manage you games but newsflash..he is not taking you past Indy/Pitt/Tenn/Balt. I give the Dolphins credit as they played the schedule they were given beat the Jets and won the division, but Chad won't be a Dolphin forever and if your happy with playing good football but never getting to a superbowl hey thats all you, but when a future hall of famer is coming off one of the best seasons of his career you take a chance on him. You better hope Chad Henne is going to be as good as you hope because when Chad goes down eventually since hes due, If you dont have a quarterback you will be back in the same position[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID!!!!