Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Why Favre for Pennington was a disaster

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Favre for Pennington was a disaster

most crucial game of the season

Favre 20/40 233yds 1td 3Int 45.1Rating
    Chad 22/30 200yds 2td 0Int 113.2Rating

:eek: Need I say more? Favre wasn't beaten he was EMBARRASSED!!!!!

ps: Dont tell me this game meant nothing. Mangini and Favre didn't know about the Raven game until afterwards.
    Last edited by avi31884; 12-29-2008 at 05:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=avi31884;2939125] ps: Dont tell me this game meant nothing. Mangini and Favre didn't know about the Raven game until afterwards.[/QUOTE]

If you believe that I have some beachfront property here in West Virginia to sell you for cheap.:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HERDFAN1;2939176]If you believe that I have some beachfront property here in West Virginia to sell you for cheap.:D[/QUOTE]

I'm a Jet fan. Where do I sign up? :huh:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont care what mangini says, THEY KNEW. Just look at the bench, it was the 4th quarter with 5 min remaining, only down by 4 points and they look like a defeated team with no hope. They HAD to know

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=avi31884;2939125]most crucial game of the season

[/QUOTE]

Nope, the most crucial game was against the Seahawks. That made our season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    in hindsight, i'm all for laying this season squarely on favre's, mangini's and tannenbaums shoulders but the simple fact is that we will never know if chad would have gotten the jets 2 more wins. yesterday, it became pretty obvious why the doltfins run the wildcats; chad has no deep ball. just about every ball he threw deep was short and the receiver had to wait on it. so the doltfins have to use the wildcat to get receivers open.

as for favre, i just don't understand some of the throws he made or tried to make. i would have thought a hof qb would have pulled some of those down thereby recognizing the coverages. and i also think the whole offense suffred because they never knew from game to game which favre would show up; the gunslinger or the guy hwo would be patient.

so now mangini will probably not be back and neither will favre. mangini deserves the brunt of the problem simply because he didn't know when to yank favre. at some point (again in hindsight) this team could have benefitted by benching favre. maybe after denver. certainly after the niners. but i also feel for the conflict that must have been going through mangini. "how can you pull a guy who got you to 8-3? surely he can win 2 or 3 of the next 5 games". out the door will also go schotty (no great loss imo) and sutton (no great loss either). will cowher be the guy? no telling.