Thread: Cowher, Ratliff/Clemens, big WR...playoffs

Cowher, Ratliff/Clemens, big WR...playoffs

They have a good core of talented players who are still in their prime. I'm optimistic going into next year...let's never bring up Favre again!

Hall Of Fame
    Tucker You got some of it right :) .

Cowher

Ratliff

Big Fast WR

Revamp the LB corps because they are just built so wrong. Or switch to the 4-3 so our converted DE's can actully PLAY DE with the new coach we get in here (god Willing) Yes we do have good 4-3 personell.

[QUOTE=Smashmouth;2939253]Tucker You got some of it right :) .

Cowher

Ratliff

Big Fast WR

Revamp the LB corps because they are just built so wrong. Or switch to the 4-3 so our converted DE's can actully PLAY DE with the new coach we get in here (god Willing) Yes we do have good 4-3 personell.[/QUOTE]

Smash why the Ratliff love? I mean come on... a couple good games against 3rd stringers who probably didn't make their teams is the guy you want??

No way we go into next year with just Clemons, Ratliff, and Ainge. No way.

All League
    The Ratliff love is because we've already seen the best Clemens can offer...not much. Ratliff is still untested, unproven, but appears (on the surface) better suited to thrive under Mangidiot....now if he is gonner, then all spots are up for grabs..since Favre is likely done, I'd rather see Ratliff and draft a new Qb than go back to clemens...face it..he was NOT going to beat Penny out of the spot during camp, why should he be starter now??

All League
    I mostly agree except we should also draft a rookie QB and make it a 3 way competition between him, Clemens, and Ratliff.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Pac2566;2939257]Smash why the Ratliff love? I mean come on... a couple good games against 3rd stringers who probably didn't make their teams is the guy you want??

No way we go into next year with just Clemons, Ratliff, and Ainge. No way.[/QUOTE]

PAC the Ratliff love because he has all the tools Tall, can make all the throws and hes tough as nails. I saw one very telling Trait in the preseason, Besides all the yards and great passes and chemistry with Clowney, I saw one VERY IMPORTANT thing, I saw him stand in the pocket under some pretty good pressure and deliver the ball fearlessly no dancing no happy feet. He reminded me of Brady because thats a trait of Brady I have always pointed out as his best his fearlessness in the pocket. I think that is the most important trait a QB can have and its very rare. Brady has it Montana had it Bradshaw had it.

Some persective, Peyton Manning as great as he is, had major happy feet issues and the first 9 years of his career and he tanked in alot of playoff games under pressure. It was only a few years ago when he won the SB that his team played so completely he was not relied upon to do it all. Peyton still has a little trouble when facing a good pass rush and that usually happens every game in the playoffs. Thats the difference between players like Brady,Montana,Bradshaw,Elway, Aikman and Manning, Marino, Favre, Moon. All of them have great numbers thats no doubt, but only 5 are DEAD ON FEARLESS in the playoffs thats what separates them. All the SB wins are testament to that. I think all of these QB's have equal talent but the first 5 have the edge on making great plays and being tough in the pocket just my observations being lucky enough to watch all of them play.

Im not saying by any means Ratliff is in the same class as the guys above Im making the observation of what I feel is the most important trait a QB can have Toughness in the Pocket.

Let Ratliff & Clemens fight for the starting spot next year. It's not fair to judge Clemens too much on last year, but he certainly wasn't impressive. Ratliff does seem to have intangibles, so we'll see...let's just hope they didn't pick up anything from Favre this year. What an unmitigated disaster.

Let Ratliff & Clemens fight for the starting spot next year. It's not fair to judge Clemens too much on last year, but he certainly wasn't impressive. Ratliff does seem to have intangibles, so we'll see...let's just hope they didn't pick up anything from Favre this year. What an unmitigated disaster.