Thread: Strangest Experience Yesterday...

All League

Strangest Experience Yesterday...

It was quite surreal being at the game yesterday, particularly once the 4th quarter rolled around, but we'll get to that in a moment...

Pregame at 16H was the usual good time - great to see some old friends, perfect weather, the usual.

1st half was fun, especially that 5 minute span when we scored to take the 6-0 lead, and they put the score on the board: Jax 7, Balt 3. We were rocking and rolling, having a blast, thinking it was possible.

Then halftime rolls around and someone in the bathroom tells me that the Ravens are now up by 3 TDs or whatever, and the entire day flipped on its head - all the wind was out of our sails, and I trudged to my seat to watch the futile end.

And that's when it got very weird for me.

Because I realized it was over in Baltimore, and so was our season, regardless of what happened on the field in front of me.

And I began to do the unthinkable.

I sat there in my #73 jersey in the Meadowlands, and I began rooting for the Dolphins to win. I didn't want us to come back. I cheered out loud when Favre's quick slant went for an INT late in the game.

Some around me were still cheering for the Jets to win (because they couldn't tell us the score anywhere in the stadium, of course...), but I saw this as a Dolphins/Patsies playoff game at that point, with GangGreen the de facto Patriots. And there was no way in Hell I'd root for the Patriots in that scenario, so I was suddenly a big, Jets colors wearin', Dolphins Fan.

Unbelievable.

I hope I never have to do that again.

All Pro
    Hey, I just turned the game off at the half, when I saw the Baltimore score, and went about my business. There was no good outcome after that and I was so sick and tired of the Jets stumbling and fumbling of late. I didn't want to have to stomach watching Miami win on top of that, only to keep the Pats out of the playoffs. What solace in that? And besides, I have to admit, the Pats are a better team than the Dolphins. The whole thing sucked....:(

[QUOTE=edcopp;2939271]It was quite surreal being at the game yesterday, particularly once the 4th quarter rolled around, but we'll get to that in a moment...

Pregame at 16H was the usual good time - great to see some old friends, perfect weather, the usual.

1st half was fun, especially that 5 minute span when we scored to take the 6-0 lead, and they put the score on the board: Jax 7, Balt 3. We were rocking and rolling, having a blast, thinking it was possible.

Then halftime rolls around and someone in the bathroom tells me that the Ravens are now up by 3 TDs or whatever, and the entire day flipped on its head - all the wind was out of our sails, and I trudged to my seat to watch the futile end.

And that's when it got very weird for me.

Because I realized it was over in Baltimore, and so was our season, regardless of what happened on the field in front of me.

And I began to do the unthinkable.

I sat there in my #73 jersey in the Meadowlands, and I began rooting for the Dolphins to win. I didn't want us to come back. I cheered out loud when Favre's quick slant went for an INT late in the game.

Some around me were still cheering for the Jets to win (because they couldn't tell us the score anywhere in the stadium, of course...), but I saw this as a Dolphins/Patsies playoff game at that point, with GangGreen the de facto Patriots. And there was no way in Hell I'd root for the Patriots in that scenario, so I was suddenly a big, Jets colors wearin', Dolphins Fan.

Unbelievable.

I hope I never have to do that again.[/QUOTE]

Me, my brother-in-law, and my father were doing the same. All three of us were not in favor of the Favre trade and how Chad was treated in the end. We accepted the trade in the end but had a bad taste in our mouth about it. Once the Ravens had a huge lead on the Jags we found ourselves doing the same thing................

All Pro
    I kept switching back to the ravens jags game then back to our game with the fins, I ahhh......It was a little before 1/2 time I knew we were out of it in the ravens/jags game, that kinda set the course, I knew then we were about to miss the landing strip easly crash and burn...I couldn't eject so I just brace myself.

It was kinda painful towards the end though see us look like the Cal Bears/stanford game back in the 80's, when it was over I checked my ego I was still all in one piece, a little hurt but I survived.

THE END!

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;2939320]Me, my brother-in-law, and my father were doing the same. All three of us were not in favor of the Favre trade and how Chad was treated in the end. We accepted the trade in the end but had a bad taste in our mouth about it. Once the Ravens had a huge lead on the Jags we found ourselves doing the same thing................[/QUOTE]

The funny part about it in our section is that the Dolphins fans weren't certain right away that I was being genuine about it. They thought there was some sarcasm involved, but there really wasn't - I was flat out rooting against the Jets at that point.

Very bizarre.