Thread: Gutless

Jets Insider VIP

Gutless

So I haven't seen this discussed. But rumor has it that this is a decision made by the head coach. Whoever is responsible for it, it was gutless and it was pathetic.

All game long, NFL scores were scrolled through on the scoreboard. With the exception of one game: Baltimore-Jacksonville. The only remaining game that had any impact on the Jets. Only when Jax went up 7-3 early did we get to see the score. But not once again the rest of the way. So without the benefit of cell phones, no one in the stadium would have known what was going on.

Typical Jets. Always constantly making the worst decisions possible.

Can't wait to pay those PSLs:rolleyes:

It may have been a Mangini decision, I don't know, but this is not the first time. I can't recall the exact time sequence but once before the Jet's organization did the same thing. Anybody recall this past censorship ?

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=Guido Monzino;2939282]So I haven't seen this discussed. But rumor has it that this is a decision made by the head coach. Whoever is responsible for it, it was gutless and it was pathetic.

All game long, NFL scores were scrolled through on the scoreboard. With the exception of one game: Baltimore-Jacksonville. The only remaining game that had any impact on the Jets. Only when Jax went up 7-3 early did we get to see the score. But not once again the rest of the way. So without the benefit of cell phones, no one in the stadium would have known what was going on.

Can't wait to pay those PSLs:rolleyes:[/quote]

Did you ever think that maybe he didn't want his players scoreboard watching?

This is pretty common, I read that Minnesota did the same thing as well. It's pretty stupid in this day and age. Though, I think it has to do more with the players finding out, rather than the fans. In this day and age, someone around you will know what's going on with the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;2939291]Did you ever think that maybe he didn't want his players scoreboard watching?[/QUOTE]

Obviously that's the reason. But that is WEAK.

If you aren't able to have your team focus on beating the Dolphins, then you shouldn't be a coach in the NFL.

WEAK.

Way to be good to your fans.

WEAK.

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2939302]Obviously that's the reason. But that is WEAK.

[B]If you aren't able to have your team focus on beating the Dolphins, then you shouldn't be a coach in the NFL.[/B]

WEAK.

Way to be good to your fans.

WEAK.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

[quote=Guido Monzino;2939282]So I haven't seen this discussed. But rumor has it that this is a decision made by the head coach. Whoever is responsible for it, it was gutless and it was pathetic.

Can't wait to pay those PSLs:rolleyes:[/quote]

Its the right decision. You don't want your players scoreboard watching, and you don't want the fans getting deflated all together as a score flashes on the board - since that will tell the players exactly what was happening

Yeah, of all the things to criticize the coach for, you pick this?

That was one of the good decisions. You want to keep the players/fans into the game, and them knowing the Ravens are up 24-7 at halftime isn't going to help us do that.