Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treatment of Caroline Kennedy vs Sarah Palin- fair & balanced?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Treatment of Caroline Kennedy vs Sarah Palin- fair & balanced?

Hardly...but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows these things. Miss Silver Spoon in her mouth wants to be APPOINTED US Senator from NY. She's essentially been a recluse her entire adult life...why not try running for elected office? Or, try getting a job that requires management experience? How about a law degree? I'm glad to see that her chances now appear to be slim, but the fact that she's gotten all this support from Mayor Bloomberg is laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2941888]Hardly...but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows these things. Miss Silver Spoon in her mouth wants to be APPOINTED US Senator from NY. She's essentially been a recluse her entire adult life...why not try running for elected office? Or, try getting a job that requires management experience? How about a law degree? I'm glad to see that her chances now appear to be slim, but the fact that she's gotten all this support from Mayor Bloomberg is laughable.[/QUOTE]
    I THINK SHE HAS A LAW DEGREE. Don't know if she failed her bar ( 3 times)like her bro.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're right..she does, from Columbia...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2941955]you're right..she does, from Columbia...[/QUOTE]

LOL...

Anyways.. truth be told, she isn't qualified for the job, much like Palin wasn't for VP.

Seriously just imagine that moron being the VP during this time.

-Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
    -Economic crisis
    -India-Pakistan
    -Israel-Palestine.

Obama, Clinton, and Biden have a hell of task in front of them.

Caroline should have ran for Congress or State Senate years ago. With that said, she'll probably win an election by a landslide, people will be smitten with idea of Jack Kennedy's daughter being the Senator from New York. She'll roll in money like Obama did.

Plus she's already got a campaign song.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV_YJm5jAc[/url]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-29-2008 at 10:27 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    her $400mm net worth doesn't hurt her chances either...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    After listening to Woody Johnson's press conference today, I would love to see him debate Palin. They are both clueless when asked questions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2941980]LOL...

Anyways.. truth be told, she isn't qualified for the job, much like Palin wasn't for VP.

Seriously just imagine that moron being the VP during this time.

-Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
    -Economic crisis
    -India-Pakistan
    -Israel-Palestine.

Obama, Clinton, and Biden have a hell of task in front of them.

Caroline should have ran for Congress or State Senate years ago. With that said, she'll probably win an election by a landslide, people will be smitten with idea of Jack Kennedy's daughter being the Senator from New York. She'll roll in money like Obama did.

Plus she's already got a campaign song.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmV_YJm5jAc[/url][/QUOTE]

all great points, thanks. btw, who's the child molester in your avatar? Creepy bro...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2942045]all great points, thanks. btw, who's the child molester in your avatar? Creepy bro...[/QUOTE]

Brian Cashman aka [B][COLOR="Green"]Ca$h-m%ney[/COLOR][/B]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2942059]Brian Cashman aka [B][COLOR="Green"]Ca$h-m%ney[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

AKA General Mulligan

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about who you know, not what you know.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kloogy;2942241]It's all about who you know, not what you know.[/QUOTE]

She is a Lawyer from a prominent American family who is a fund raising Juggernaut.

Aren't those 3 of the most important criteria for being a US Senator?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2942025]After listening to Woody Johnson's press conference today, I would love to see him debate Palin. They are both clueless when asked questions.[/QUOTE]

Yet both have IQ's double digits higher than yours.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2946984]Yet both have IQ's double digits higher than yours.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh snap.[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice fragment.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2946984]Yet both have IQ's double digits higher than yours.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW - I think the media is completely shocked at how completely stupid Caroline "um, uh, you know," Kennedy really is. They had no idea!

Sarah Palin is inexperienced and was in WAY over head with regard to being VP. The MSM vituperated Palin because they were afraid of her. In any of Kennedy's recent interviews was she asked any gotcha questions like what the Bush Doctrine is?

Caroline Kennedy is completely hopeless. Many are actually saddened at how stupid she really is. And it you honestly look beyond Caroline to the whole Kennedy family it's hard to ignore that Caroline is not an exception - she is the rule. The death of the Kennedy myth. The death of the Camelot myth. More sadness.

From the Daily News:

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2008/12/28/2008-12-28_say_goodnight_caroline_how_jfks_daughter.html[/url]

[B]Say Goodnight, Caroline: How JFK's Daughter Flubbed The Audition To Become The Next Senator Kennedy
    [/B]
    In the beginning, just three long weeks ago, the idea of Caroline Kennedy being a United States senator had a certain ring to it. The Camelot myth still has shelf life and a merger with the historic Obama presidency provided an intriguing story line.

Kennedy would replace Hillary Clinton, one leading lady following another on a stage where name recognition often substitutes for merit. The narrative was tailor-made for the fever chambers of celebrity-obsessed media and the bandwagon quickly picked up speed.

Some top Democrats were certain Gov. Paterson, a close-to-the vest electorate of one, would find Kennedy irresistible now and as a running mate in two years. All others were chopped liver next to her sudden star power.

But a strange thing is happening on the way to the coronation. The wheels of the bandwagon are coming off. Fantasy is giving way to inescapable truth.

[B]That truth is that Kennedy is not ready for the job and doesn't deserve it. Somebody who loves her should tell her.
    [/B]
    [B]Her quest is becoming a cringe-inducing experience, as painful to watch as it must be to endure.[/B] Because she is the only survivor of that dreamy time nearly 50 years ago, she remains an iconic figure. But in the last few days, her mini-campaign has proved she has little to offer New Yorkers except her name.

Her handlers and family enablers insist she feels no entitlement to the Senate job, yet there is no other possible reason to give it to her. Her name is the sole reason she even dares go for it. Camelot must be Gaelic for chutzpah.

New York can do better.

There is no denying the situation is odd. No one quite knows how to garner Paterson's approval or what his vetting process is. He hasn't even endorsed the sensible idea of public forums and debates, which would give voters a way to participate.

Kennedy apparently decided to go public to build support and scare off others, including Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, whose nasty divorce from her cousin still roils both clans. Kennedy also had to introduce herself to Democratic party leaders because, other than endorsing Obama, her politics were a mystery.

[B]But the minute she faced the routine questions that help define a candidate for virtually any office, she had nothing to say. There was no "there" there.
    [/B]
    "I just hope everybody understands that it is not a campaign but that I have a lifelong devotion to public service," she said during her first-ever visit to Rochester. "I've written books on the Constitution and the importance of individual participation. And I've raised my family. I think I really could help bring change to Washington."

[B]Asked about her qualifications, she fell back on gibberish and the Kennedy name.[/B]

"As a mother, as an author, as an education advocate and from a family that really has spent generations in public service, I feel this commitment," she said. "This is a time when nobody can afford to sit it out, and I feel I have something to offer."

The "sit it out" part is revealing. Among those who want the job, she has done the least public service by any measure. She didn't even vote in about half the contested elections in the last 20 years.

Sensing she's not ready for prime time, her handlers, most of whom have connections to Mayor Bloomberg, suddenly insisted media questions be submitted in writing. The answers they provided, under their names, were vapid. And she will not, as is the campaign custom, release financial documents that reveal her wealth and holdings. We're expected to trust she has no conflicts of interest.

Even the one job she had in public life has come into question. Apparently on the basis of a chance meeting with New York's schools chancellor at a party on Martha's Vineyard, she signed on as a part-time fund-raiser. How much she raised and how much she worked have been challenged, but no matter. The point is that this self-described advocate for the public schools did not send her children to them.

Enough.

Limousine liberals are a dime a dozen, and carpetbaggers are nothing new in New York. And with the social scene constantly churning out the old for the next new thing, there's no reason middle-aged dilettantes can't also try their hand at politics.

They just can't start in the Senate.

[email]mgoodwin@nydailynews.com[/email]

:jets_helm

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2941980]
    Anyways.. truth be told, she isn't qualified for the job, much like Palin wasn't for VP. [/QUOTE]
    One comment, one question:

Palin and Kennedy could not be any more different. Palin is self-made, the other is an aloof Kennedy (doesn't even vote).

And do you maintain that Palin was an unqualified candidate while Obama was a qualified candidate?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Obama qualifications hasn't been discussed yet here. Good job. :zzz:

[QUOTE=sackdance;2947674]One comment, one question:

Palin and Kennedy could not be any more different. Palin is self-made, the other is an aloof Kennedy (doesn't even vote).

And do you maintain that Palin was an unqualified candidate while Obama was a qualified candidate?[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2947718]The Obama qualifications hasn't been discussed yet here. Good job. :zzz:[/QUOTE]
    2009 and as obnoxious as last year, good for you!

I specifically asked Tyler D if he maintained that Palin was unqualified while Obama was. And why? Because it's absurd to make that case. If he wants to say they're both unqualified, so be it. But not only one of the two.

And, btw, Obama's inexperience is showing up like gangbusters before he even takes office.

Mumbai - Obama denounces terrorism.
    Economy - He can't say enough about it.
    Gaza - ...anyone heard from President-elect Obama?

All we know about him since the election is that he doesn't like addressing tough issues...and, what do you know, many of us noticed from his paltry past that he never did.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2947777]2009 and as obnoxious as last year, good for you!

I specifically asked Tyler D if he maintained that Palin was unqualified while Obama was. And why? Because it's absurd to make that case. If he wants to say they're both unqualified, so be it. But not only one of the two.

And, btw, Obama's inexperience is showing up like gangbusters before he even takes office.

All we know about him since the election is that he doesn't like addressing tough issues...and, what do you know, many of us noticed from his paltry past that he never did.[/QUOTE]

Obama is going to be the worst disaster since Carter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought we could only have one President at a time?

[QUOTE=sackdance;2947777]2009 and as obnoxious as last year, good for you!

All we know about him since the election is that he doesn't like addressing tough issues...and, what do you know, many of us noticed from his paltry past that he never did.[/QUOTE]