Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowher said coming to Jets depends on wife

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowher said coming to Jets depends on wife

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Whispers from the [FONT="Georgia"]inside[/FONT]...

Cowher is willing to come to the Jets as head coach in a long term deal if his wife Kaye is whole-heartedly on board with the decision. Previously she had told him that she wouldn't be willing to go anywhere North East if he decided to coach again.

Note: This is not a rumor and please don't ask for a link, there isn't one.[/COLOR]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always pitch the *****????

[IMG]http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/images/issue/420/boiler-room_420.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by CTM; 12-29-2008 at 11:37 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this is BS?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF mate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm predicting he will be named HCNYJ on Friday of this week.

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942177]As I posted earlier today, the whole point behind his quiting was to move to NY/NJ where he can be closer to his daughter who is a student at Princton in [B]NJ[/B], which IMO is probably one of the reasons he finds the Jets so appealing, he gets to do what he loves and [B]BE EVEN CLOSER[/B] to his daughter, and I would imagine his wife might feel likewise, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

fixed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well he needs to explain more then what he said, how did he come up with this info?

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942194]PEOPLE, BE NICE

Sackdance didn't attack anyone here, he simply shared some info, and I happen to know that he does have a relationship with a number of professional athletes in his line of work so I wouldn't be so quick to dimiss what he says, but that aside, please don't attack the man any more

Thanks

PS. Sack, thanks for sharing that my friend[/QUOTE]

asking who he got the info from...... is attacking?!?!?!?!?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942177]As I posted earlier today, the whole point behind his quiting was to move to NY/NJ where he can be closer to his daughter who is a student at Princton in NJ, which IMO is probably one of the reasons he finds the Jets so appealing, he gets to do what he loves and still be close to his daughter, and I would imagine his wife might feel likewise[/QUOTE]

Not exactly a motivating factor. His daughter is going to be a senior next year. Not like she's heading to Princeton as a Freshman for the next 4 years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Florham Park is like what, an hour? from Princeton?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942194]PEOPLE, BE NICE

Sackdance didn't attack anyone here, he simply shared some info, and I happen to know that he does have a relationship with a number of professional athletes in his line of work so I wouldn't be so quick to dimiss what he says, but that aside, please don't attack the man any more

Thanks

PS. Sack, thanks for sharing that my friend[/QUOTE]

Thread title should still say RUMOR

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2942205]Not exactly a motivating factor. His daughter is going to be a senior next year. Not like she's heading to Princeton as a Freshman for the next 4 years.[/QUOTE]

Isn't his final Daughter a SR in High School right now? I thought that was the reason for him resigning as HC.

Anyways how did you come up with this information? Was it a pretty reliable person or what not?

I actually think Cowher has interest based on what Boomer has been saying. Also Cowher traveling to NY on weekends already. He would get to coach a pretty good team that is set up to his likings pretty much, no cancers or what not .Players that are willing to listen and have him coach them, they are hard workers and I think his passion and winning attitude could help.
    He would get a large offer from the Jets, based on he could help them with the new stadium sales.
    He would have a new stadium soon, also has a state of the art practice facility. A lot to like about being the Jets Head Coach right now, also you have a great challenge to bringing success here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2942205]Not exactly a motivating factor. His daughter is going to be a senior next year. Not like she's heading to Princeton as a Freshman for the next 4 years.[/QUOTE]

ACTUALLY, according to princeton.edu, Meagan Cowher was a senior last year at Princeton, and this year she is not even on the roster, therefore, she no longer goes there, unless she is in graduate courses there or graduated and now lives in NYC or something similar. So, double check your sources.
    [url]http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46557&SPID=4232&DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=445977&Q_SEASON=2007[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, sackdance, could you get Mrs. Cowers work address, so we can all send her flowers.

:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a coaches wife is making the decision on whether a coach comes to NY or not to coach means there coming everytime. i wonder if penguin had anything to do w/spy crap went on? Better yet i wonder if Cowher team was spyed on back in the day too...all shis abouttt:O

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942211]He's not gonna explain because he talks to people in confidence and he's not gonna post their names on a message board, so he's just reporting what he heard and we can take it or leave it, but I'm just saying I wouldn't be so quick to leave it because I happen to know that sackdance is friendly with a number of pro football players and athletes ... he works with these people and he has a friendship with some of these guys[/QUOTE]

they already mentioned this exact thing on 1050. In fact i think it was Peter King that said this whole thing about the daughter being a Senior and the family angle first.

The report said this year is not the year for Cowher and Holmgren, but they will return in '10.

None of this is new News.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942217]I could be wrong, but with a Princton education I would imagine NY may be where she pursues her chosen profession[/QUOTE]

She's majoring in potato farming...dincha hear?:eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone called 1050 today and said the same thing about Cowhers wife not wanting to be in the northeast. The caller didn't know about the daughter in Princeton though. Was that you Sackdance?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942217]Yeah but she's probably gonna stay in the NY area when she finishes school

I could be wrong, but with a Princton education I would imagine NY may be where she pursues her chosen profession[/QUOTE]

Good point Ham. So far both of his older daughters have gone to Princeton. Thinking if his youngest daughter Lindsay would also follow their footsteps it may be more persuading for Bill and Kaye but she just made a verbal commitment to play basketball at Wofford College, in South Carolina.