Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cowher said coming to Jets depends on wife

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2942280]What's with you and your "your knows", and "everyone knows" ?[/QUOTE]

i dont ***?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Greenwave81;2942355]Interview between Cowher and the NYJ:

Woody: Hey Bill...may I call you Bill? How much you want to leave CBS?

Bill: Well, you're too old to have kids, so your first born is out. Let's say $10 mill/yr, 5 yr deal.

Woody: Hmmm...

Bill: How are PSL sales going?

Woody: Where do I sign?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2942273]New Jersey is pretty close to NC. Why would that make them not want to come? Thats a perfect situation. What its a 5 or more hour drive to North Carolina where they live right now?[/QUOTE]
    Cowher moved from a $2mill home they bought in 2007 into a new ranch 2 miles away that just got built on a golf course earlier this year. Couple that with one of his daughters possibly going to Wofford in South Carolina and you can see why sackdance99's info may be legit.
    Last edited by HEMPSTEAD; 12-30-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added info.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but she's probably gonna stay in the NY area when she finishes school

I could be wrong, but with a Princton education I would imagine NY may be where she pursues her chosen profession

She's a RELIGION MAJOR - A lot of call for that on Wall Street is there? :O

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Tyler Durden;2942262][URL]http://www.goprincetontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46557&SPID=4232&DB_OEM_ID=10600&ATCLID=603239&Q_SEASON=2006[/URL]

Lauren Cowher[/quote]

I was just going to post that this thread was useless unless we had pics of the daughters......ummmm.....never mind.....spare us all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2942220]Isn't his final Daughter a SR in High School right now? I thought that was the reason for him resigning as HC.

Anyways how did you come up with this information? Was it a pretty reliable person or what not?

I actually think Cowher has interest based on what Boomer has been saying. Also Cowher traveling to NY on weekends already. He would get to coach a pretty good team that is set up to his likings pretty much, no cancers or what not .Players that are willing to listen and have him coach them, they are hard workers and I think his passion and winning attitude could help.
    He would get a large offer from the Jets, based on he could help them with the new stadium sales.
    He would have a new stadium soon, also has a state of the art practice facility. A lot to like about being the Jets Head Coach right now, also you have a great challenge to bringing success here.[/QUOTE]

Correct. She will graduate from Ravenscroft here in Ral this spring. This is why he retired and moved to NC. I have not heard anything about her plans for college but Mom and Dad went to NC State here in Raleigh. I also know that his wife absolutely hates the cold weather. It was rumored a while back that they where selling their place in Wake Froest to move either south or west.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tavarua6285;2942176]WTF mate?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]To quote a good friend, very old fashion (off the Boat italian )....

If he has to ask his wife.... I don't want him!!!![/SIZE]:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;2942549][SIZE="4"]To quote a good friend, very old fashion (off the Boat italian )....

If he has to ask his wife.... I don't want him!!!![/SIZE]:D[/QUOTE]

What would your buddy do if she says no? Smack her?? Throw her off the boat?

What kind of gorilla are you looking for, that uproots his family against their wishes? Do family members get whacked if they protest too much?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill: Well, you're too old to have kids, so your first born is out. Let's say $10 mill/yr, 5 yr deal.

Perfect!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2942162][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Whispers from the [FONT="Georgia"]inside[/FONT]...

Cowher is willing to come to the Jets as head coach in a long term deal if his wife Kaye is whole-heartedly on board with the decision. Previously she had told him that she wouldn't be willing to go anywhere North East if he decided to coach again.

Note: This is not a rumor and please don't ask for a link, there isn't one.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sackdance99:

I for one want to thank you for this info and also for your previous posts regarding Mangini and his total disregard for alumnae players and support staff of the Jets. Until then while I had ridden him hard out here for his ineptitude at times I was on record when he was hired that Mangini would need four full years to see how he was a HC.

But your posts alone changed my mind and made me realize that something is wrong with this guy in several ways that the Jets never publically stated but to which you alluded to in you insightful posts, so I thank you......

Now if you can only give me the winning lottery tickets numbers I would be even happier!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2942263]Listen, I'm not arguing with a 15 year old kid who knows nothing. I represent players from both teams and don't ask who. My claims are not flawed. That's all you need to know.[/QUOTE]

Once sackdance got off of PennyBoy's nutsack, he turned into a very good poster. :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Mrs. Cowher has hand due to Bill's tryst with a Steeler's front office gal a few years back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;2942576]Sackdance99:

I for one want to thank you for this info and also for your previous posts regarding Mangini and his total disregard for alumnae players and support staff of the Jets. Until then while I had ridden him hard out here for his ineptitude at times I was on record when he was hired that Mangini would need four full years to see how he was a HC.

But your posts alone changed my mind and made me realize that something is wrong with this guy in several ways that the Jets never publically stated but to which you alluded to in you insightful posts, so I thank you......

Now if you can only give me the winning lottery tickets numbers I would be even happier!!!![/QUOTE]

The Jets Alumni are doing a collective cha-cha over Mangini's firing. Most specifically, when was the last time you've seen Joe Klecko at a Jet home game on the sidelines? You haven't since Mangini has been here. Not only has Mangini treated Klecko like the red-headed stepchild, he mentally raped his son Dan when he played for him in New England. This is just the tip of the iceberg with Mangini regarding these type of issues. For these reasons alone I couldn't have been happier to see Mangini fired. Eric Mangini is just not a good person, period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's all going to be about power and money. cowher is going to want his guys and woody is going to want to keep his. tannenbaum may not be a personnel guy but he is responsible for far more than just selecting the right players to pick. there are ways to get these guys to share power simply because their strengths are so different. i have often wondered what coach doesn't have any say in personnel decisions anyway? why would a gm ignore what a coach is saying about a specific player or team need?

i suspect that the jets have been talking to cowher quietly for the past few weeks. at least they were gaging interest. just because we don't have guys like francessa going around saying he was riding with bill and they talked with woody (like he did before they signed parcells doesn't mean that nothing has happened.

the thing too is that no matter how great some of these coaches feel they are, they also need to be controlled. i don't believe there is a single major league sport where the coach is sucessful while being the coach and the general manager. the last time that happened was way back in the 60's with guys like lombardi and auerbach where things were much simpler on the player/coach front. schottenheimer got canned in san diego partly because he was feuding with the upper management. he also feateherbedded his staff with relatives. parcells gets all the power he wanted and could have with the patsies when he joined the jets and then left then in a lurch to pursue another coaching job in dallas. are these the guys we actually want? maybe, but they also not be above being called out when they mess up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tennessee_Jet;2942588]I think Mrs. Cowher has hand due to Bill's tryst with a Steeler's front office gal a few years back.[/QUOTE]
    Infinite [I]Hand[/I], one might say.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aside from the one in Princeton, he has another daughter who teaches in NYC so if you're arguing his family playing into the decision, he'll have ties to area beyond when the middle one graduates.

I think it'll all come down to money and the amount of power handed to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vinluvr;2942559]What would your buddy do if she says no? Smack her?? Throw her off the boat?

What kind of gorilla are you looking for, that uproots his family against their wishes? Do family members get whacked if they protest too much?[/QUOTE]

Dude it's a joke...... relax, have a cream soda.

BTW, never throw them off the boat whole. You hack them up first, feed the small pieces to the fishes and the rest get weighted down to the bottom!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2942222]You don't see the personal attacks because I deleted them[/QUOTE]

What, did someone damn him to hell? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    when can we get psycho analysis of cowher's body language and or syntax analysis....i need to know these things asap!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

GOOD!!!:)